• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The difference in American Idol shows

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:33 PM

I've now seen one of the "regular" shows in the afternoon of American Idol Experience and the finale show and quite honestly, you must see the finale show. It is full of talent and pretty darn enjoyable.

#2 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:49 PM

Aw Christ on a crutch. They got him. . . Our beloved leader.

HDLady. . . I believe this calls for positive action. We must act quickly before it spreads. . .
Professionals admit to the problem. Alcoholics claim they have no problem.

Field Agent Indy reporting for the next World Showcase Mission

#3 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:31 PM

Maybe we should each take turns - one at every show - storming the stage during each performance shooting paintball guns (or in Mugsy's case full charge blanks) at the host & judges to create calamity & chaos... or would that create MORE interest??? another idea... we take over the StudiosCentral website and erase every positive psot oyr beloved leader has said about AIE so as to not influence in a positive manner anyone else.....
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#4 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:24 AM

Im partial to a NERF Gun. . . . it would fit the theming: One giant joke. . .

Of course I have that Vulcan chain gun from NERF. So pulling off an entrance like the Terminator, not a problem.

#5 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:45 AM

I'm not influenced. I just simply will ignore AIE when I'm down there. Besides, I have my own agenda in the Kingdom.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#6 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:28 AM

Nerf guns? What a great idea!!!! Where can I get one of the Vulcan chain gun models? Can we buy cross body bandoliers with numerous rounds of nerf ammunition attached to add to the effect? The vision of any one of us storming AIE with camos, a bad ass looking Nerf gun and a bunch of nerf balls attached to a bandolier is cracking me up! Or maybe we can dress like Green Army men to infiltrate!!!!
Debbie
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

www.congaloosh.org

#7 User is offline   gsonoda 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:I am a fan of hilarity.

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:52 AM

Despite what negative things people have to say about AIE, I also enjoyed the finale show as well. There is nothing wrong with enjoying talented performances. Period.
Glenn

The reigning Star Wars Trivia Champion - 2008 and 2009

"Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic."

#8 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:02 AM

I guess it's all in preferences, Glenn. There are only very few talented (and famous) performers I choose to see live in concert so seeing unknowns perform doesn't ring my bell. I am also not a fan of what I call "created reality" TV shows such as AI, Survivorman, Rock of Love w/ Brett Michaels, etc. so that adds to my lack of delight at this attraction. I don't HATE AIE but it seems too scripted and I didn't enjoy it especially either and would rather spend my time in the park at attractions I feel are "magical" for me; TSM, ToT, RnR, GMR, etc.
Debbie

www.congaloosh.org

#9 User is offline   gsonoda 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:I am a fan of hilarity.

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:17 AM

Very true Debbie. To me, the American Idol name is just that, a name. I'm not there to see Ryan Seacreast or any other person associated with the series - I'm there to watch people perform. And as for me, I enjoy watching talented performances - so it isnt a chore to sit through.

And while I think there are several cringe-worthy moments (i.e., some of the scripted stuff and the high energy guy at the beginning, etc.) at the end of the day, the show is about people singing. And ideally, you have very talented people doing that at the finale show. As Matt said, its just fun and enjoyable to watch.
Glenn

The reigning Star Wars Trivia Champion - 2008 and 2009

"Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic."

#10 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:24 AM

Matt,

you couldn't pay me to go :D
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#11 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:24 PM

gsonoda said:

Despite what negative things people have to say about AIE, I also enjoyed the finale show as well. There is nothing wrong with enjoying talented performances. Period.

Exactly.

And, while you enjoy them, I'll be on RnR.

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#12 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:24 PM

I really think if you are going to see AIE, at least once, go for the finale show as it's really a much better overall experience.

#13 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:35 PM

I saw the first show of the day last week, so I'm gonna have to stop by for the finale show in the next few days.

#14 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:10 PM

QuickGold said:

I really think if you are going to see AIE, at least once, go for the finale show as it's really a much better overall experience.

Is that before or after we take a few tums to quell the stomach?

#15 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:47 PM

QuickGold said:

I've now seen one of the "regular" shows in the afternoon of American Idol Experience and the finale show and quite honestly, you must see the finale show. It is full of talent and pretty darn enjoyable.

Thanks Matt. I'll be sure to check it out. I'm curious though. Does the level of talent differ greatly from finale show to finale show? Will one day's finale show be a lot better than the next day's finale show?

Let us know what you think the next time you see a finale show. I'm curious how consistant the finale show talent will be.

#16 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:45 PM

ADP said:

QuickGold said:

Thanks Matt. I'll be sure to check it out. I'm curious though. Does the level of talent differ greatly from finale show to finale show? Will one day's finale show be a lot better than the next day's finale show?

Let us know what you think the next time you see a finale show. I'm curious how consistant the finale show talent will be.
Good question Aaron. I'm scheduled to see AIE at least two more times...during the AP previews this weekend and at the press event. I'm not writing my official review for this site until I've seen those two to get a full sense of the show.

#17 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:09 PM

Maybe I'm being overly cynical and suspicious.... While I know each AIE show is semi staged, I'm just betting the Press Event is even more rehearsed and staged to assure the best possible experience for the Press so they give positive vibes to the public in their reviews. I think it's even possible that the suits have all CMs perform for the Press Event to assure a predictable show. We all know talented performers (like CoH and CMs at the closed AC) can act like amateurs when the need arises.... I hope I'm wrong about this suspicion....
Debbie

www.congaloosh.org

#18 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:44 PM

HDLady said:

Maybe I'm being overly cynical and suspicious.... While I know each AIE show is semi staged, I'm just betting the Press Event is even more rehearsed and staged to assure the best possible experience for the Press so they give positive vibes to the public in their reviews. I think it's even possible that the suits have all CMs perform for the Press Event to assure a predictable show. We all know talented performers (like CoH and CMs at the closed AC) can act like amateurs when the need arises.... I hope I'm wrong about this suspicion....
What do you mean by "staged"?

#19 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:51 PM

I'm thinking something like more than one guy in a flower shirt at Indy only at Idol.

#20 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

Yep, Jake... very planned and rehearsed, even more so than regular shows, maybe to the point of using CMs as contestants to assure a smooth event. The suits want to make sure the Press Event goes perfectly and the one variable they can't really control in this attraction is the contestants. The last thing the suits want at a Press Event is a contestant or two fainting on stage, getting stage fright and freaking, falling off the stage or some other calamity. I remember seeing a Candlelight Processional once where so many of the singers fainted and got whisked off stage that it became hilarious!!! For example, we used to do the same thing in corporate America all the time if we had a critical presentation to clients where we opened up the floor to questions. If there were no questions, we had people seeded in the audience with prepared questions to avoid any awkward silences and show the presenter was prepared with answers. Stuff like that to assure a smooth presentation.... Nothing wrong with staging something critical, just may not be a really true representation of the normal AIE shows.
Debbie

www.congaloosh.org

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users