Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SWW item suitable for signing

#1 User is offline   Meet me at the Derby 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:32 AM

My son is having a hard time choosing an item for David Prowse to sign. Has anyone seen something at the Studios we could buy that would make for a good autograph?
Poster, book or photo? Any ideas are welcome. Thanks.

#2 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:36 AM

There are a lot of Darth Vader photographs at DHS that you could buy. Likewise, you could have your son's picture taken with the Darth Vader character in the park and then have the photo printed and have Prowse sign that. I went for that option with Peter Mayhew.

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:18 AM

I like the character sketches that are available at Wicket's Warehouse or at Sunset Club Couture (Sunset Boulevard). You can get the sketch of Goofy as Vader and have Prowse sign that.

#4 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:52 AM

I hadn't thought of that. That's a cool idea.

#5 User is offline   General Specific 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:24 PM

View PostQuickGold, on Jun 4 2009, 12:18 PM, said:

I like the character sketches that are available at Wicket's Warehouse or at Sunset Club Couture (Sunset Boulevard). You can get the sketch of Goofy as Vader and have Prowse sign that.

I was thinking about that. By chance, do you know about how much the sketch costs?

#6 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:50 PM

I think it's around $35 for one character. If the sketch has two characters, it will cost more.

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:14 PM

Yep $35

#8 User is offline   Conal 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:39 AM

View PostSleepless Knight, on Jun 4 2009, 11:36 AM, said:

There are a lot of Darth Vader photographs at DHS that you could buy. Likewise, you could have your son's picture taken with the Darth Vader character in the park and then have the photo printed and have Prowse sign that. I went for that option with Peter Mayhew.

Can you tell me where these were? For the life of me I couldn't find any last weekend. I looked in Sid's, TT, Wicket's and even Starabilia at DTD. They had lots of other pics, but no Vader.

#9 User is offline   Randomness 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:12 AM

Sorry for stealing your thread to ask my own question, Meet Me At The Derby, but they run along the same vein so why make a new thread!

I am heading up tomorrow and I was thinking about bringing a SW poster to get signed. Is that something that is possible to get signed. I don't mind lugging it around.

Thanks!

#10 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:43 AM

Welcome to Studios Central Randomness!

View PostRandomness, on Jun 5 2009, 11:12 AM, said:

Sorry for stealing your thread to ask my own question, Meet Me At The Derby, but they run along the same vein so why make a new thread!

I am heading up tomorrow and I was thinking about bringing a SW poster to get signed. Is that something that is possible to get signed. I don't mind lugging it around.

Thanks!

Absolutely, you can have any one item signed and posters are always a popular item. I'd suggest storing it in a locker when you aren't getting it signed. Lockers are near the park entrance by Oscar's.

#11 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:17 AM

View PostConal, on Jun 5 2009, 07:39 AM, said:

Can you tell me where these were? For the life of me I couldn't find any last weekend. I looked in Sid's, TT, Wicket's and even Starabilia at DTD. They had lots of other pics, but no Vader.
Now that I think about it, they didn't have the Chewbacca and Grievous stuff out until SWW #2. There was plenty of those two to be found last week, but it was overwhelmingly Maul and Wicket for weekend #1. I remember seeing a Prowse autographed photo of Vader at TT, but it was around $150. I'll be very, very surprised if they don't have Vader and Fett photos available for purchase this weekend.

#12 User is offline   Conal 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:55 AM

Ah...yeah, I suppose they would hold them until this weekend. Thanks for the response. Maybe I'll go out tonight and grab one for tomorrow. Thanks again.

#13 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:31 PM

Good luck. Hope you can get the autographs you want. Check both stores as well. TT had a lot of SW merchandise, but not much SWW merchandise. Wicket's Warehouse was the best bet for SWW stuff, but didn't have all the generic SW stuff that TT did.

#14 User is offline   SkywalkersDad 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:02 PM

My kids purchased two Boba Fett matted pictures ($20 each) for Bulloch to sign today. That worked out well - they look sharp and everyone was happy with them. Plenty of Vader and Fett matted pictures were available in Wickets for this weekend.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users