• You cannot reply to this topic

Seasonal price increase May 24 2009 through July 11 2009

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:00 AM

From WDW Magic

Seasonal price increase in fixed priced dining begins May 24

From May 24 2009 through July 11 2009 , fixed-price dining locations at Walt Disney World enter "seasonal pricing" - which is a $4 increase over normal pricing for ages 10 and above, and $2 increase for children ages 3 - 9.

The following restaurants are affected.

• 1900 Park Fare
• Akershus
• Biergarten
• Boma
• Cape May Café
• Chef Mickey’s
• Cinderella’s Royal Table
• Crystal Palace
• Garden Grill
• Hollywood and Vine
• Liberty Tree Tavern
• ‘Ohana
• Trails End
• Tusker House

#2 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:44 PM

Have they always done this? I never took notice.... Then again, I don't dine at these location very often.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#3 User is offline   Eric 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:05 PM

Yes, it has become normal procedure to bump some food prices during peak seasons, much like the hotel rates.
Eric
www.MouseGuest.com

"Universal is like Wal-Mart with roller coasters."
- Buzz Ardman to Paige Turner, 11/1/08

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:28 PM

Yep, it's normal. I'll never understand how Trails End gets put in with that group :)

#5 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:14 AM

I like how the holidays now include "Summer."

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:39 AM

I've mentioned before I'm not a fan of this practice. It's yet another reason not to go to WDW during summer.

#7 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:05 PM

View PostQuickGold, on May 20 2009, 11:39 AM, said:

I've mentioned before I'm not a fan of this practice. It's yet another reason not to go to WDW during summer.

More like "Yet another reason not to go to WDW ever." At least, not for me, anyway.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#8 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:28 PM

View PostQuickGold, on May 20 2009, 10:39 AM, said:

It's just difficult when you have children and you want to go to Disney. You find yourself a victim of peek travel and prices. That's why I usually go the last 2 weeks in August; the start of value season, but the kids are still out of school (in the North).
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#9 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:00 PM

I thought I'd note here that if you're on a DDP that includes table service meals, this increase is included as part of the DDP. Last week, I ate at a few of those places for my TS meals and only had to pay the tip.

#10 User is offline   jbwolffiv 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Photography and hockey

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:06 PM

I agree that this is not needed, just a way to bump up some numbers. People who travel during these times are stuck. Most people do not have many choices as to when they travel to WDW.
John

#11 User is offline   bjohnson 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:28 PM

View Postjbwolffiv, on Jun 6 2009, 09:06 PM, said:

I agree that this is not needed, just a way to bump up some numbers. People who travel during these times are stuck. Most people do not have many choices as to when they travel to WDW.

Not to let my inner economist show too much, but there are only so many tables and hours that they can seat people. By upping the price they at least make it more likely for people who really want to go to a particular restaurant to get in. Otherwise you just wind up with a lottery where two people might be each eating at a restaurant when they'd rather be swapping places.

#12 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:47 PM

View Postbjohnson, on Jun 8 2009, 03:28 PM, said:

Not to let my inner economist show too much, but there are only so many tables and hours that they can seat people. By upping the price they at least make it more likely for people who really want to go to a particular restaurant to get in. Otherwise you just wind up with a lottery where two people might be each eating at a restaurant when they'd rather be swapping places.

You are correct and this is simple supply and demand, but it's really a slap in the face to it's customers. Just because you can jack the prices up doesn't mean you should. If there's one thing Disney World is built on, it's great customer to management relationship and I just see this as a money grab. But they are within their rights to do so....

#13 User is offline   bjohnson 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:36 PM

View PostQuickGold, on Jun 8 2009, 06:47 PM, said:

You are correct and this is simple supply and demand, but it's really a slap in the face to it's customers. Just because you can jack the prices up doesn't mean you should. If there's one thing Disney World is built on, it's great customer to management relationship and I just see this as a money grab. But they are within their rights to do so....

My point isn't really that they can get away with it, I'm actually suggesting that it's a good decisions from a customer experience point of view. If you take anything that there's a limited amount of if there's going to be a shortage of it, then by raising the price you make it so that only people who really want it will pay the extra money. While I seriously doubt Disney is doing it as a case of altruism, it will have the net effect of making it so that the people who really want to go to a certain restaurant and more likely to be able to go there. While obviously income disparities will have some impact, at the end of the day more people wanted those ADRs than ADRs existed, so by raising the price they limit them to people who want them more (or for whom the money means less).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users