Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How Best to get to 1900 Park Fair?

#1 User is offline   Bazooka Greg 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:23 PM

I have 10 AM reservations for the Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Fair (Grand Floridian).

Does anyone know the best way to get there?

I will be staying at the Homewood Suites nearby on Marbella Palm Court. I was planning on taking a taxi to Downtown Disney and taking one of the free shuttles to the Grand Floridian, assuming one such shuttle exists.

#2 User is offline   ghost1000 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:49 AM

The free shuttles only go to the resorts, not the parks.
~~ Rita

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:40 AM

Why not take the taxi direct to the Grand Floridian? That will be your best option. Otherwise take a bus to Magic Kingdom and take the monorail to Grand Floridian.

#4 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:30 PM

Did they change that? I remember the only way to get to DTD from DAK last year was by taking a bus from DAK to AKL and then catching a bus to DTD.

#5 User is offline   April 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:19 PM

If you are talking about Shuttles, then you can only get them from hotels to parks. If you are talking about buses, as in take a taxi to DTD and then pick up a bus to the GF, then you can do that. But I agree with Matt... take a taxi right to GF because you will waste a lot of time waiting for the buses and getting to GF from DTD.

#6 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:33 PM

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I sometimes forget that people stay offsite at WDW.

#7 User is offline   Bazooka Greg 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:42 PM

View PostSleepless Knight, on Mar 2 2010, 10:33 PM, said:

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I sometimes forget that people stay offsite at WDW.

Since I discovered the Hilton WDW, it is my favourite place to stay. They are located across the street from DTD, and for $110/night the rooms are much nicer and well-kept than the Value hotels.

Furthermore, they qualify for EMH and offer free breakfast.

#8 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:18 AM

You know it's funny. On some level I realize that there may be better offsite options for WDW than some of the on property options, but because of the whole resort experience, onsite at WDW is a must for me. Perhaps I wouldn't feel the same way if I didn't visit Disneyland as frequently as I do (yearly since 2003 and an AP holder since 2006), but the whole resort experience (and I rarely use EMH) is that important to me. And here's the kicker. I barely remember our stay at Dixie Landings back in 1994 and my subsequent 2 stays have been at Pop and All Star Sports. Maybe next time I'll splurge and go for the Poly or something.

#9 User is offline   Bazooka Greg 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:31 AM

I have stayed at the All Star resorts and can totally understand the resort experience.

However, I am also a Hilton gold member, so I thought I would try the Hilton WDW two years ago. Even without the gold membership, you can get a room at the Hilton for $100/night and it is located directly across the street from DTD.

I was a little disappointed with the length of the shuttle ride from the Value hotels to the parks. When we went to the Hilton, it was the same time to travel as from the Disney hotels.

Furthermore, because our family are night people, being located literally 4 min. walking distance from DTD was a great bonus. From Once Upon A Toy, we can walk to the intersection, cross it and walk into our hotel.

Also, Hilton WDW has EMH which our family takes advantage of. It is located on the Disney resort, so for all intents and purposes, we feel like we are staying on the resort, but run by Hilton.

I'm sure there are people happy with staying on the resort, but I was pleasantly surprised to find this 'off-Disney' option.

#10 User is offline   Bazooka Greg 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:32 AM

BTW, Sleepless, where did you get your avatar, and is Sleeping Beauty holding a lightsabre?

#11 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:02 PM

My avatar is something I partly created myself. I can't draw, but using cut and paste from multiple pictures, I did indeed give Sleeping Beauty a lightsaber. I always get a kick out of seeing people's reactions to it. As you may have guessed, I'm a huge Star Wars fan, so I decided to combine my two favorite movies.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users