American Idol Season 9 Listening Thread
Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:11 PM
I'll start with last night's show (Boston auditions)...
- First, Kara is still very annoying. On one hand she tries so hard to be like Paula, but she is no where near as nice and often comes off as "little miss know it all". I can't stand her.
- How did that big Italian guy make it? He wasn't that good at all and if there is no way he makes it beyond Hollywood.
- The only singer that I thought that could be a contender was the latin woman who had a nose ring and sang very well. No one else really seemed to be that talented.
- No mention of WDW in this episode.
Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:27 PM
Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:32 PM
I will be very interested to see how many dream ticket winners make it AND are mentioned as dream ticket winners. When that angry guy with the glasses was on who complained he waited so long, I said to my wife out loud "He should have gone to AIE"
Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:52 AM
- A gripe I have is they show these terrible singers (which is entertaining) but then they glaze over a bunch of talented ones and I know when we get to Hollywood, I will be like "Who is that? Who's that?"
- The best singer of the day I thought was Melanie (blonde girl in white dress with long hair). I thought she has a great voice and a good look. She wasn't also as twangy as some of the others and I think that will lend itself to her going further in the competition
- The girl that was from a small town in TN and jumped off bridges was very interesting. She lived such a secluded life (she was excited to go on an "aero-plane") and I don't think her singing is good enough to go far in the competition, I do think it will be really cool to see how she reacts to being in LA and the experience because for her, this seems to be something that will totally "expose" her to the world outside of her home town.
- You had to know when they showed the two bffs that one was going to be great and one not so great and as Marvin the robot from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy would say "This will all end in tears, I just know it"
- The pants on the floor guy was so very dumb, that you cant help but laugh at it.
Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:20 PM
Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:43 PM
Tell us how you really feel.
Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:12 PM
This is my venting place....kind of like a laughing place, only less happy
Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:43 AM
Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:35 PM
I am mostly watching this season because of AIE. I'm curious to see how much of a connection AIE will have to the show.
Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:47 PM
Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:36 PM
Also, why didn't they book Shania Twain for Atlanta when they had a thousand country singers?
Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:37 PM
I'm looking forward to the Orlando show and I have to think AIE will at least be promoted a bit. Thanks for the rumor....so far, nothing about AIE at all
Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:19 PM
Now, considering this was the Orlando show, was I the only one shocked there was not one mention of the American Idol Experience? I don't need a 10 minute documentary but they could have mentioned it exists!
And oh yea, Kara was very annoying, especially on Day 1 with Kristin Chenoweth.
Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:30 PM
And I agree... lots of talent tonight,
Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:52 PM
I think the highlight for me was the guy getting cuffed. That's an AI first! (At least a first that they put on air)
Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:55 AM
Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:26 PM