Studios Central: ADP Live From Disney World! - Studios Central

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ADP Live From Disney World!

#21 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:37 AM

Day 9 Jan 6th

Well, I had written a detailed report, but somehow through my stupidity lost the text. I hit preview instead of submit, then closed the window I was working in and lost the data. I couldn't even find it in my URL history. Bummer!

Instead I'll post the pictures I have with captions.

Breakfast at the Everything Pop food court
Posted Image

Signage for Splash Mountain showing it is closed until late February. Wait times at Big Thunder will increase due to this closure.
Posted Image

Anna and I experienced the Haunted Mansion on our last full day at the parks.
Posted Image

We had a late lunch at one of my favorite counter service restaurants in all of WDW, Pecos Bill. The fixins bar rocks!
Posted Image

We also had time to sneak in a Dole Whip (AKA Dr. Scopa cocktail) considering the temps were warm enough to enjoy one.
Posted Image

I noticed a down-tick in crowd levels at the MK today, but don't be fooled, it was still crowded. The weather was the best we experienced the last 8 days. Temps in the mid 70s and clear skies.

I'll have one more report with my reflections and observations of this trip and possibly a look into an upcoming trip.

Thanks for following along.

#22 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:01 PM

Congratulations on being the Pop Century family of the day! Most of the time I'm elated if I can get a towel animal out of them.

#23 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:37 PM

D'oh, I forgot Splash is closed. Good thing we didn't go to MK today after all.

#24 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:16 PM

Jeanine said:

Congratulations on being the Pop Century family of the day! Most of the time I'm elated if I can get a towel animal out of them.

Thanks Jeanine! It was really unexpected. I'd never thought we'd receive something like this; especially with it just being Anna and myself who checked into the resort.

Day 10 Jan 7th

We had an early wake-up call today. The worse part of any Disney World vacation is upon us...The Departure. ;)

I had most everything packed last night so we could sleep in a little bit longer this morning. We bypassed breakfast at the resort and decided to eat breakfast at the airport.

As always I stopped to fill up the rental car with gas. I always stop at the Hess station across from Downtown Disney. Gas on Disney property is usually the cheapest. Today was no exception. The Hess station charged $3.08 per gallon while the Chevron station outside the WDW resort charged $3.65 per gallon... :shock:

We dropped off our rental car, checked our bags with Southwest, went through security and headed for our gate. While waiting for our flight we had breakfast. We are now back in Indy and this trip is in the books.

I always say before each trip "let's go at a slower pace this trip", but it never works out that way. We spent 9 full days at Disney World and visited the parks all 9 of those days. As you could tell from my previous posts not only did we visit the parks, but we were pretty active. It was well worth it though. We enjoyed our time, and experineced some shows we'd never seen before. We also got to experience EPCOT on New Year's Eve; which we'll probably never do again...Too crowded for my taste. I'd rather spend New Year's Eve at our resort.

I'm hopeful we will make a Summer trip (possible land/cruise) in 2008 as well as our annual October trip. We will probably come back for New Year's Eve 2008 as well. I'm also giving thought to ESPN the Weekend since I'm a sports junkie and giving a lot of thought to Mousefest land 2008. ESPN the Weekend and Mousefest are up in the air right now.

By the way, the man in the Mama Melrose picture is none other than "Deal Or No Deal" himself.
Howie Mandel
Posted Image

I would have never known if Kim didn't tell me first.

Well, that's it! Thanks for following along! :shifty:

#25 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:51 PM

That's it? No big reveal for Sid's Trivia Board? And I knew all the answers too! Quickgold can view the answers. He could pass them on to you. :shifty:
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users