• You cannot reply to this topic

I forgot about Epcot, didn't I?

#1 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 20 July 2008 - 08:23 AM

Posted Image
Well bend me over and call me Spanky. I had "Photo-Vision" pics of Epcot, and I neglected to share them with you. Bad SP! No Soup For You! **slapslapslap**

Okay, seriously We went to Epcot on July 4th because we knew the Magic Kingdom would be slammed with no space to do anything. And Epcot has a better Fireworks show than MK anyway, at least for the 4th.

Posted Image
While waiting for World Showcase to open, we discovered this mini museum directly behind the Character Spot dedicated to the 25th Anniversary of Epcot. It was interesting to see all the 80's futuristic designs and logos and typefaces and models of past exhibits. And did anyone who saw this exhibit notice how huge the robot housekeeper from Horizons was (I'm looking at you, Blixzit)?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
At last, World Showcase opens, and I had interesting times here. I got to see the World Showcase Players twice (In the UK and Italy), did my snack shopping at Matsuki.. Matsukushi.... Matss.. the Japanese Gift Shop (It's also where we had lunch)...

Posted Image
...and we also got to see the Voices Of Liberty in a special 4th of July concert of patriotic songs. These performers are amazing, and it's interesting to see them out of the period costumes they normally wear when performing in the American pavilion.

Posted Image
Of course, these guys have their own special wardrobe. :r2d2:

Posted Image Posted Image
Then again, there's no better way to celebrate the independence of our fine American Nation than listening to the Celtic rock sounds of the Canadian House Band, Off-Kilter.

http://img.photobuck.../EPminiboat.jpg
Finally, if anybody can tell me where in World Showcase this is, do tell me. I had forgotten.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#2 User is offline   kimdben 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:11 AM

Finally, if anybody can tell me where in World Showcase this is, do tell me. I had forgotten.

I believe that's right after the bridge, right before Mexico.
Kim
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:10 AM

kimdben said:

I believe that's right after the bridge, right before Mexico.
Yes, it's near the counter service restaurant at the Mexico pavilion

#4 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:00 PM

Thank you, Kim and Matt. The colors on the boat did look sorta familiar.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#5 User is offline   Croaker 

• Studios Regular

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:37 PM

very nice pics....especially the shot of France...i'm going to have to go down there and get a few shots from that perspective as well! awesome! Japan looks spectacular as well!

#6 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:46 PM

Croaker said:

very nice pics....especially the shot of France...i'm going to have to go down there and get a few shots from that perspective as well! awesome! Japan looks spectacular as well!

My favorite perspective shot from World Showcase would have to be at Mexico...
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users