• You cannot reply to this topic

Mondays @ mk...

#1 User is offline   Dementia 

• Studios Regular
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I NO SPEEKY DEE ENGLEESH!!

Posted 01 May 2005 - 08:07 PM

Hoping for a little insight perhaps..

Turns out our trip to MK is on a Monday... May 23rd. When planning at first, I understoof that Monday was a deent day. After initial planning, I found the contrary to be true, on every OTHER website.

Unfortunately, it's a bit late to change around our itin because of the following factors:

We have the Florida Resident Play 3 Day pass, w/o park hopper option, and we only have the three days. On Thursday, my BF and oldest daughter will be coming back to S. Fl then coming back up for the weekend.

Wednesday for MK is out because my younger brother (it'll be his birthday) has expressed his wanting to go to Prime Time for his birthday dinner. So Wednesday is MGM for that.

Monday we have a PS at Chef Mickey's (which is closer to MK than Epcot) at 10:50 am for my birthday brunch. Epcot opens the World Showcase @ 11 am, where I want to go and be first in Norway for the "Viking of the Day". And I'm celebrating my birthday more or less at MK because I'm not as much of a fan of Epcot as I am MK (which is second to MGM). So you see the problem with the scheduling, and why we're doing MK on Monday

These are the factors I'm considering that MIGHT make it less busy:
*it's the week BEFORE Memorial Day
*Most websites bill this is a not very busy week.
*The month of May (we're not staying onsite so we don't get these and know to avoid them as they make the park crowded)...
Morning EMH: Magic Kingdom ® - May 20, 27
Evening EMH: Magic Kingdom ® - May 25

Then there's ALSO these factors that suggest it may be busy:
*Orlando schools get out later that week - May 25th (possible skipping school?)
*50th celebration (but Disneyworld is ALWAYS having a celebration of some sort, but not one where they're debuting new shows/rides)

(Touringplans.com isn't helping, first they said a level 3 crowd, then an 8, so I have NO idea what to expect.)

Anyone know HOW much more crowded is it than other days of the week... like 20% more crowded or 50% more? I mean I'm going to use fastpass/kidswitch and be there at rope drop, and use the left line in lines and all that, but I just am a little nervous about a big browd.

Given all these factors, what do you all think about the matter?

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:22 PM

I'm in the same boat as you Demmie. I planned my trip in May because I saw in the Unofficial Guide's estimate in the book of May being a somewhat slow month but recently saw that Len has upgraded that forecast to an 8. I'm hoping he's way off on this.

The reason why I'm holding out hope is that most folks don't care or know about the Happiest Celebration thing. Some people can only go when they usually go in the year (Christmas, Summer, etc). The only people going out of our way to see Disney are us Disney freaks and we're not as many as you might think.

But since it's always best to be prepared, let's plan on huge crowds. If they are indeed huge, my advice is to follow the golden rules of avoiding parks on EMH days, using FP whenever possible and in the afternoon when it's hot & crowded, go see the indoor shows (like at MGM, Sounds Dangerous, Star Tours, Muppetvision, WWTBAM & One Man's Dream = Relaxation & no sweating).

Since you and I are going towards the end of the month of May, we have the advantage of seeing just how bad it'll be in the first few weeks of the month and so we can plan accordingly.

#3 User is offline   Dementia 

• Studios Regular

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:46 PM

I agree. I've gotten mostly answers that tel me it'll be corwded, but one or two that say it won't be. Then I got a nasty comment from someone when I said "Well I was HOPING to find contrary info and I'm not a big fan of crowds"

Some girl responded "You want the truth, or do you want us to tell you it'll be okay? Change your itinerary or deal with the crowds."

Ouch.

One on every board, huh?

I'm THINKING it may be about a 5 as far as crowds go. I'm with you, I'll use strategies regardless, but woulda been nice to get some info from those who have been recently ;)

Ah well. We'll hope for the best

Do our trips coincide at all?

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 02 May 2005 - 03:16 PM

Dementia said:

Some girl responded "You want the truth, or do you want us to tell you it'll be okay? Change your itinerary or deal with the crowds."

Ouch.

What a happy and helpful person :roll:

Dementia said:

Do our trips coincide at all?

I leave the day you arrive, and odds are I'll be back home in CT before you take off based on the time of my flight on Sunday, so nope ;)

#5 User is offline   Dementia 

• Studios Regular

Posted 02 May 2005 - 03:57 PM

Okay so on Monday I can call you or you call me, and let me know what to expect that day... howzzat?

I think those two Mondays shuld be about the same crowd-wise...

#6 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 04 May 2005 - 07:07 PM

See I don't know what to expect, because normally May isn't bad at all, however since it IS the happiest celebration it may be more crowded.

OH! lol.

My parents are going to disney/florida starting May 18th... so they'll be able to test some of the crowds then. If they tell me its crowded and whatnot i'll let oyu know. :-)
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#7 User is offline   Dementia 

• Studios Regular

Posted 05 May 2005 - 03:31 AM

That works for me :animal:

#8 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 05 May 2005 - 09:20 AM

Yup. I've already told my parents they had to go, so now they are going to every park, not just MK, so i'll be able to tell you crowd levels probably. :-D
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#9 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:18 PM

PixieDust said:

Yup. I've already told my parents they had to go, so now they are going to every park, not just MK, so i'll be able to tell you crowd levels probably. :-D
Crack that whip... ;)

#10 User is offline   snuggie 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:57 PM

I would go in expectiing crowds--here in Atlanta schools are out May 20th and most of the people here head down to Orlando and the beaches. I would go in with crowds could be higher than normal. I will be arriving on the 27th and am expecting large crowds. People are just coming in and people will be there finishing up their trips.

Have at least 1 PS planned a day to get a decent meal without a long wait is all I can recommend--good luck!!

#11 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 12 May 2005 - 07:29 PM

I'm anticipating big crowds but hoping for the best

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users