• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Backlot Tour To Enter Short Rehab

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 04 June 2003 - 04:37 PM

The Backlot Tour is going to be closed from June 9 to June 15. It will re-open June 16th!

A CM on another board said this about the closing:

And when you go on the Backlot Tour after this time, you'll understand the rumors about the Osborne Lights.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 17 June 2003 - 04:55 PM

Does anyone (*cough*Jillian*cough*) know what's new with this now that its rehab is over?

#3 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 June 2003 - 04:38 AM

:lol: As a matter of fact I do ;)

It now takes you backstage way more than the little peek you got before. You get to see several of our backstage offices, the animators parking garage, and a few other things I can't think of off the top of my head. If I remember correctly it doesn't go down Residential Street anymore. I haven't riden it yet, I'm waiting til Sunday when I get paid to go ride it :lol: I love work meetings! I'll let you know when I get back from the meeting.

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 18 June 2003 - 12:29 PM

I just read this from WDWMagic.com....

Just when we thought things were becoming clear with the Stunt Show moving into residential street...

The Backlot Tour has just been down for a rehab, and it was planned that during that time the tour would be re-routed to skip past residential street, leaving the path clear to begin demolition ready for the stunt show.

It now turns out that during the rehab, the route was changed 3 times, and ultimately it was left as it was still running along residential street.

So it may now be that the Stunt Show is delayed, has been relocated, or cancelled altogether.

#5 User is offline   danesporty 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:WDW, IOA, USF, Seaworld, Soccer, Basketball

Posted 19 June 2003 - 01:27 PM

I was wondering the same thing quickgold. So which is true. the route was changed or it wasnt at all??????????? anyone have any answers or has anyone ridden since the rehab?????

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 19 June 2003 - 04:36 PM

*Looks to Jillian to settle this* :content:

#7 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 19 June 2003 - 07:10 PM

Everything I was told said it was changed, but I haven't been on it yet to know for sure. I'll ride it on Sunday, and let you know when I get home from work :lol:

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 20 June 2003 - 04:22 PM

More news..

Information now suggests that the stunt show preparations have just been delayed. The dilemma facing planners is what to do with the Osborne lights if residential street is removed. Current thinking (which as always changes daily!) suggests that the demolition of residential street will begin after the Osborne lights are ran this Christmas. The tram tour will then be rerouted to bypass the former residential street. Planners are also looking for ways to provide additional things to see a long the tour once residential street is removed. After this year. the Osborne lights are being considered for installation along New York Street and/or elsewhere.

Hopefully Jillian will be able to clear all this up for us :lol:

#9 User is offline   ILUVDISNEYWRLD 

• Studios Regular

Posted 20 June 2003 - 05:58 PM

I saw some pictures of the stunt show in paris....looks very cool!

#10 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 23 June 2003 - 04:15 AM

Well due do the lovely Florida rainy weather we were unable to ride the new version of the Backlot Tour, but I did find answers as promised ;) I do however get to do the new Great Movie Ride speil, get a mini backstage tour there, and play with Pal Mickey. It was Pal Mickey's fault we didn't get to go, he can't really get rained on and we were going to do a big park walk around with him and do the newly changed rides. He said no rain, so we missed a big chunk of tour time. Oh well!

WDWMagic.com has incorrect sources. The ride has a totally different tour now, down to things being moved around so they still appear in the tour such as the airplanes. Residental Street is out of the picture, no more, not at all. Nothing currently, nothing in the future (at least for now) .

As for the Osborne lights, nothing has been determined on what is going on with them yet. It's all up in the air.

#11 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 23 June 2003 - 04:36 PM

Thanks Jillian! ;)

#12 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 23 June 2003 - 05:24 PM

You're welcome ;)

It's nice to be on a board that actually appreciates that I'm a CM instead of always commenting with "it must be nice" "thanks for rubbing it in that you work there" (which I would never do) and other such things. :)

#13 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 23 June 2003 - 05:25 PM

We aim to please :content:

#14 User is offline   danesporty 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 23 June 2003 - 05:39 PM

Yeah, thanks alot Jillian!!! It just wouldnt be the same without you!!! Also a quick question I am coming to WDW July 2-19 and was wondering when and where you are working during those times??? Thanks again!!!

#15 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 24 June 2003 - 04:03 AM

danesporty said:

Yeah, thanks alot Jillian!!! It just wouldnt be the same without you!!! Also a quick question I am coming to WDW July 2-19 and was wondering when and where you are working during those times??? Thanks again!!!

awww I feel so loved! ;)
I don't have my schedule for that far yet, but I'm sure that I will be at Fantasmic on 4,5,11,12, 18 and 19. Most likely I will also be at Fantasmic on the 14th. Other than that I will probably be working at my other job. The show times are all the same as this month so Saturdays I'd start at 5:30 and Sundays/Monday at 6:30.

#16 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 27 June 2003 - 02:17 PM

Just got around to reading this thread. I was on the Backlot tour around the 18th of June and we still did go down residential street. Not sure if they have changed it again since then or not. Also at the start of the tour like Jillian mentioned you get to see more 'backstage' area. You go through the wardrobe and set area in the opposite direction you normally go then head towards the parking deck and around those 'apartments' (forget their actual name). There were also several newer signs that 'trams have right of way' posted in areas we had not gone. I do expect it to change some more if it has not already. Let us know if you hear of any other changes.

#17 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 27 June 2003 - 04:27 PM

This just in(from WDWMagic)....

The latest twist to this project is that it now looks very likely that today and Saturday will be the last days for Residential Street, with demolition commencing on Monday in preparation for the new Motors Stunt Show. There is still no official announcement from Disney on this project, and the status of the Osborne Lights remains unknown.

Jillian, can you confirm this?

#18 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 27 June 2003 - 04:28 PM

Hopefully this is just a rumor but maybe they figured out what to do with the Osborne Lights

#19 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 27 June 2003 - 06:42 PM

trendymagic said:

Also at the start of the tour like Jillian mentioned you get to see more 'backstage' area. You go through the wardrobe and set area in the opposite direction you normally go then head towards the parking deck and around those 'apartments' (forget their actual name). There were also several newer signs that 'trams have right of way' posted in areas we had not gone. I do expect it to change some more if it has not already. Let us know if you hear of any other changes.

The Bungalows :)

There are several new signs, and lane changes backstage for us. We have, like you said, "trams have the right of way" and several one way streets now.

QuickGold said:

This just in(from WDWMagic)....

The latest twist to this project is that it now looks very likely that today and Saturday will be the last days for Residential Street, with demolition commencing on Monday in preparation for the new Motors Stunt Show. There is still no official announcement from Disney on this project, and the status of the Osborne Lights remains unknown.

Jillian, can you confirm this?

It's quite possible for the last days of Residential St, I haven't been up there since Tuesday, but I'll ask around when I get to work. I don't see anything new on the CM site, but I'll keep you updated!

#20 User is offline   danesporty 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 29 June 2003 - 05:41 PM

Does anyone think that the new stunt show will affect Catastrophe Canyon or any of the backlot tour other than it being re-routed??? I really hope the Backlot Tour will not be gone for along time!!! Also where did they put all the cars and planes so that you still see them???

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users