Studios Central: Forbidden Mountain OFFICIALLY Announced! - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Forbidden Mountain OFFICIALLY Announced!

#1 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 March 2003 - 02:07 PM

Source: WDWMagic.com

Michael Eisner has officially announced the new AK ERide at The Walt Disney Company 2003 Annual Meeting of Shareholders, held Wednesday, March 19, 2003. Official details remain sketchy, but it appears to put great weight behind the details revealed below in previous updates.

FINALLY. AK will have something to make it worth travelling to other than the Festival of the Lion King show.
*Leslie Ivette*

#2 User is offline   Tinkerbell2004 

• Studios God
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:DISNEY

Posted 21 March 2003 - 05:11 PM

i'm excited can't wait to hear more about this ride

#3 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:FIRST OF ALL My Husband! Music, Tower Of Terror, Tower Of Terror, Aerosmith, The Beatles, My iPod, Tower Of Terror....and Tower Of Terror

Posted 15 April 2003 - 09:46 PM

OHHHH COOL!!! I HOPE THEY AHVE IT FOR MGM ONE DAY.......BUT WHEN I AM THERE....

~*~*~*~TOWER OF TERROR~*~*~*~*~

Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. We would like to remind you that the Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror features a high speed drop and you should be in good health free from heart condition back or neck problems, or any other physical conditions which could be aggravated by this adventure. We are sorry but children under thee seven years of age are not, not accompanied by an adult or guest that do not meet the 40 in. height requirement may not ride. While waiting to check in we ask that you step all the way forward and fill in all thee available space around you. Food and Drinks should be finished upon entering the hotel lobby and for the courtesy of those around you smoking is not permitted. Also for your safety we ask that you and your children do not stand or walk on the garden walls. Thank you and do enjoy your stay at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. (I know they dont say this exact announcement anymore..but....I like this one so....yea........lol!!)

Tower Of Terror : 105 TIMES!!!

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#4 User is offline   TheTowerOfTerrorRules 

• Studios God

Posted 20 July 2003 - 01:08 PM

i have heard it called expedition everest and forbidden moutain. i was wondering which one is it?

#5 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 20 July 2003 - 01:50 PM

The won't officially name the mtn to the public yet. the current ride title is Expedition: Everest As always subject to change.

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 20 July 2003 - 03:53 PM

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that they will name it in the end [glow=red:dcbc93826c]Living Legend: Matt Mountain[/glow:dcbc93826c]

#7 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 21 July 2003 - 11:52 PM

QuickGold said:

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that they will name it in the end [glow=red:46e05a5f08]Living Legend: Matt Mountain[/glow:46e05a5f08]

I'll put my vote in for that one just for you :lol:

#8 User is offline   Tinkerbell2004 

• Studios God
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:DISNEY

Posted 18 September 2003 - 03:23 PM

Just and update on this i don;t know who has read the Fall 2003 Disney Magazine, but there is an article on this ride in there
The name is Expedition Everest, Legend of the Forbidden Mountain. (sorry matt they didn't name it after you) it will have an 112 foot lift and a 80 foot drop (highest and longest at Disney) and will reach speeds up to 50 miles per hour. now for the story and i'm quoting from the mag.

" The story here is that the trains- - Which onces transported workers to the Himalayan Tea plantations but have long gone unused due to suspicious track damage -- have resumed opperation. Now travelers can lop a couple of weeks of their trek to base came at the base of 29,028-foot Mount Everest. (Okay, AK's version rendered below ((Which y'all can't see)) is just under 200 feet, but that still makes it FL's tallest Mountain)"

" The journey begins peacefully, rolling thought thick bamboo forests, past thundering waterfalls, along shimmering glacier fields. Bur by the time visitors are done, they'll have raced through icy caverns, plunged down the side of mountain, and com face- to- muzzle with the lengendary yeti."

There ya go just thought i would keep y'all updated. I can't wait till this ride opens!!!

#9 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 18 September 2003 - 03:25 PM

Thanks for the update. Slowing they are releasing more info on it.

#10 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 18 September 2003 - 03:54 PM

Tinkerbell2004 said:

" The story here is that the trains- - Which onces transported workers to the Himalayan Tea plantations but have long gone unused due to suspicious track damage -- have resumed opperation.

Honestly, when will people learn not to go on suspicious, unused, gated, condemned or otherwise closed off areas. I guess Goofy is the one making the travel plans :lol:

#11 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 20 September 2003 - 01:20 AM

QuickGold said:

Tinkerbell2004 said:

" The story here is that the trains- - Which onces transported workers to the Himalayan Tea plantations but have long gone unused due to suspicious track damage -- have resumed opperation.

Honestly, when will people learn not to go on suspicious, unused, gated, condemned or otherwise closed off areas. I guess Goofy is the one making the travel plans :salut:

:lol:

#12 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 20 September 2003 - 01:20 AM

yay for screwed up IE and double posting :roll:

#13 User is offline   TheTowerOfTerrorRules 

• Studios God

Posted 20 September 2003 - 04:36 PM

i really think people will want to visit ak if they know a really good ride is gonna be there

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users