Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Name NASA's new Rover (My submission)

#1 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:14 PM

I heard about NASA holding a contest for kids in school grades k through 12 to name the new Mars rover. You had to submit an essay along with your chosen name. I don't think I'm eligible since I'm enrolled in an adult school, but I figured I'd submit one anyway. So here is what I sent in:

I believe that man's achievement of flight was a dream come true. A dream that started with one little spark of inspiration. The same can be said about space flight. Many years have passed since both of these dreams came true. However, we literally have only just scratched the surface of what science has to offer in the field of space and space travel. Discovering what planet Mars has to offer truly is the next step. Just thinking about what lies untouched and undiscovered on Mars begins to spark the imagination. As it should, as the imagination is indeed a key element with any scientific mission. To be open minded and willing to accept new answers which had never even been considered before is really what it's all about.

We all share the dream of exploration and discovery. It's a curiosity which some have acted on, and, in turn, have found their dreams and made them come true. I think that Dreamfinder is a perfectly fitting name for this amazing piece of modern technology, and really all around advance in engineering. The anticipation and excitement which NASA brings to the table day after day truly makes me proud to not only be an American, but to be alive in this amazing time.

Not much of an essay, I know. But this was really just for my own enjoyment.

#2 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:36 PM

Good entry, Blixit!!!!
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users