Studios Central: Will Star War Weekends 2010 Happen? - Studios Central

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Will Star War Weekends 2010 Happen?

#1 User is offline   Love That Duck 

  • Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 12
  • Joined: 09-October 08
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Bastrop, Texas
  • Interests:Disney, Travel, Family, Reading, History

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:14 PM

Does anyone have any idea if Star Wars Weekends will be back in 2010, or if they are gone forever?

I'm beginning to plan our Honeymoon for May 2010. We're both huge Star Wars Fans and hoping to book our Honeymoon at the start of Star Wars Weekends if they aren't gone for good.

Thanks in advance!
Jerry & Nancy <><

Sept. 3, 2011 - Sunrise Vow Renewal & Drive to WDW
Sept. 4, 2011 - DTD Hilton - Honeymoon
Sept. 5-15, 2011 - Pop Century - Honeymoon
0

#2 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

  • Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 199
  • Joined: 11-May 08

Posted 14 December 2009 - 12:28 AM

Not sure why you would think they would be gone. They are planned. And the official Star Wars celebration is in Orlando this year so I would imagine that this SWW should be better than ever.
0

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:58 AM

Although dates for SWW 2010 haven't been announced yet, I expect SWW to return based on a few tidbits of info I've run across. Until we hear otherwise, plan on SWW occuring.
0

#4 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,570
  • Joined: 24-September 06
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Rowley, MA
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:11 PM

View PostIHeartTheStudios, on Dec 14 2009, 12:28 AM, said:

Not sure why you would think they would be gone. They are planned. And the official Star Wars celebration is in Orlando this year so I would imagine that this SWW should be better than ever.

Are you saying that SWW won't be at Hollywood Studios?
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge
0

#5 User is offline   Figaro 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,486
  • Joined: 19-March 05
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:LI, NY

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:43 AM

View Postqueenofthehouse, on Dec 14 2009, 10:11 PM, said:

Are you saying that SWW won't be at Hollywood Studios?

I think he is referring to the big Celebration Star Wars convention that is taking place in August this year in Orlando. This isn't the same as SWW. :D
0

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:54 AM

View PostFigaro, on Dec 15 2009, 10:43 AM, said:

I think he is referring to the big Celebration Star Wars convention that is taking place in August this year in Orlando. This isn't the same as SWW. :D

I think so too. He is saying there's no reason to believe SWW will not occur in 2010.
0

#7 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

  • Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 199
  • Joined: 11-May 08

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:07 AM

View PostQuickGold, on Dec 15 2009, 11:54 AM, said:

I think so too. He is saying there's no reason to believe SWW will not occur in 2010.



Yes. The Star Wars Celebration is totally different from SWW. The Celebration is held in a city each year and this time it is Orlando. I believe it is right after SWW. But yes, SWW are happening.
0

#8 User is offline   surfpark 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 610
  • Joined: 10-September 06

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:36 PM

Star Wars Weekend will happen in 2010. This will be the last year. May 21-23, May 28-30, June 4-6, June 11-13, 2010. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2009...ates-announced/

Star Wars Celebration will also occur in Orlando in 2010. It will be Aug. 12-15, 2010 at the Orange County Convention Center. http://www.starwarscelebration.com/

0

#9 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

  • Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 199
  • Joined: 11-May 08

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:14 AM

View Postsurfpark, on Dec 27 2009, 05:36 PM, said:

Star Wars Weekend will happen in 2010. This will be the last year. May 21-23, May 28-30, June 4-6, June 11-13, 2010. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2009...ates-announced/

Star Wars Celebration will also occur in Orlando in 2010. It will be Aug. 12-15, 2010 at the Orange County Convention Center. http://www.starwarscelebration.com/



Where are you getting the info that this will be the last year for SWW?
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users