Studios Central: One of the best times at the world in a long time! - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

One of the best times at the world in a long time!

#1 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 October 2007 - 07:00 PM

Ok so I was planning on going to Epcot with my dad for Food and Wine yesterday, but I found out that my friend and his girlfriend were gonna be at the parks that day so I decided to plan a day with them. Now first of all I should say that my friend, Todd, and his brother, Jessie, have been 2 of my best friends ever since like 2002. I've wanted to bring them to Disney ever since then, but their parents were quite strict on letting them go anywhere without them, and their parents wouldn't do well with all the other people at Disney. So they never let them go anywhere until about a year ago, they started letting off a bit. For instance, they let Todd and Jessie walk in to town or go to the mall, etc. But Disney was still a big deal. Well Thursday I found out that Todd's girlfriend, Amber, had 2 comp tickets for her and Todd to go to the parks, celebrating Amber's homecoming (being the last one since she is graduating). Well needless to say, I starting talking with them and planning for the next morning. We got it all planned out. Todd, Amber, Jessie and Todd's parents would come pick me up so I could save them $11 since they would just be dropping us off. Thursday night was the most excited I've been about going to Disney since I was like 10 years old. It was so hard for me to sleep, and I didn't until about 3am. Then at about 7:45am Todd called to say they were on their way.

We decided to go to The Studios first. When we got up to the thing where you pay for parking, I got my Annual Pass out. All I said was "I have an Annua..." before I could even finish the sentence, the CM just waved us through. Which I found to be kind of odd, seeing as how anyone with a regular ticket could just say its an AP and get free parking. Anyway, Todd's parents dropped us off and we got on the tram. When we got in the park, we instantly went down Sunset Blvd. For the past year or so I've always talked to Todd and Jessie about Tower and how great it is. I am so happy and proud to say that the first ride at Disney (and any theme park, this was their first) was the awesome Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. They both loved it. Then we went on 'Coaster. I have not been in the regular stand by line in years, lol. We only had to wait for about 20 mins, but the line was moving the whole time. They loved that too.

Even though we just did the 2 "Big Weenies" and left, I'm sure that in a few weeks I'll be able to bring them back, and we could spend a full day at each park. Next we headed over to Animal Kingdom. I totally forgot to get the brothers the 1st visit buttons until now. So I went over to guest relations and got them. When we got in the park, I wanted to test out the PhotoPass screen-shot thing. Which actually worked pretty good.
Posted Image
(Jessie, Me, Todd, and Amber)

We had planned on going around the park counter-clockwise, going on Dinosaur first. But the line for that was so long, it was all the way outside, like it was when it first opened back in '98. And thats the only other time I've seen it that long. So we went right over to Everest. Again, in the stand by line for the first time in a while, waited about 20 min again, moving the whole way. We did that twice, then decide to go have lunch at Rainforest Cafe. That was a great move, even though we had to wait for about 30 min to be seated, we dodged the real rain outside. Todd and Amber shared a pizza, as did Jessie and myself. Then we went over to Magic Kingdom.

Once there, we did Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and Space Mountain. I should mention that at each park we were at, we spent about 10 min window shopping. Well, Amber & Todd did, so Jessie & I had to just walk around behind them until they were ready to go do an attraction. Which is ok I guess. But I can't wait till I can take Todd & Jessie by ourselves. Just the guys. Anyway, we were gonna go to Epcot, but we had to meet their parents back at my place before 9pm, so we decided to skip it and head home. I'm pretty sure they had a blast and would love to do it again. I know I had a ton of fun sharing the magic with my friends. I've been waiting to do that for way too long.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 20 October 2007 - 11:02 PM

Thanks for the trip report Jake. Most of the time I've found you could wave your library card at the CM at the gate and get free parking. I have an AP and I've never had to actually hand it to them or show it's an AP and not a regular ticket.

#3 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 21 October 2007 - 06:42 AM

Yeah, my dad has told me about cast members that flash them their Sam's Club card and get right on in, lol.

#4 User is offline   biblio 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:25 PM

QuickGold said:

Thanks for the trip report Jake. Most of the time I've found you could wave your library card at the CM at the gate and get free parking. I have an AP and I've never had to actually hand it to them or show it's an AP and not a regular ticket.

HEY! Another reason for everyone to get a card from their local Public Library!

*This has been a service announcement from your local public librarian!*

#5 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 24 October 2007 - 07:23 PM

great report! There are a few disney parking people who will check the ticket, but most don't!
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users