• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

September/Holloween Questions

#1 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My Children and Family, Disney, Games, UFC

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:30 PM

Typically my family and I go to the World in September. I am going to throw out there that we do not celebrate Halloween and historically this has not been a problem. It seems that every year they are starting the Halloween festivities earlier and earlier however and I have not been in a few years during this time frame. This year it seems like we will be coming down for the whole month of September and I notice that about halfway through the month the Halloween parties are starting up. What can I expect during the day in each park? Will the magic kingdom be decked out with pumpkins and the like even in September? If so I will end up rescheduling my plans because my kids will not do well with Halloween decorations (even if they are mild and disneyesque).

Will this only effect the magic kingdom or will I have to worry about EPCOT and the Studios as well? Thanks in advance for your help!

#2 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:38 PM

Honestly I think the first party last year was something like Mid September. If that remains the case then you will definately see the Mickey Pumpkins, Scarecrows and other Fall/Halloween type decorations from Mid September on.

It is hard to say that you won't see this in some of the other parks. Where it really shows up is in the merchandise which as you well know with Disney is everywhere. So from that standpoint you will see it at EPCOT & Studios.

Sorry to hear the kids have a hard time with it. Disney does an excellent job keeping the event fun in the spirit of dressing up and getting candy, but it is important to stay within your comfort zone.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#3 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God
  • Interests:My Children and Family, Disney, Games, UFC

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:40 PM

Ok that brings another question... is it fall decorations or halloween decorations? We can do fall... But things like witches, bats etc are things that we don't really do. Not that we have anything against bats. :)

#4 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:04 AM

During non-party hours, they are more fall decorations. Very subtle but enough to get you in a autumn mood. I don't remember any Halloween decorations in the other Parks besides the MK. Nothing scary anywhere except during the party where there can be some things that might upset kids sensitive to scary stuff. I would just avoid the MK during a party date....sometimes you might see people dressed up early for the party. Just a side note, avoid Universal LOL

We've been taking our kids to the MNSSHP since they were babies and I don't remember them ever being afraid of anything. But then again, Halloween is my favorite holiday so our house is more decked out that Disney is anyway :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users