• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MGM on the holidays

#41 User is offline   Donna 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, theatre, music, baseball

Posted 10 December 2003 - 06:06 PM

I can imagine that you hear a lot of complaints. One thing Disney prides itself on is excellent customer service and to be frank, it's one of the reasons we keep coming back again and again. I have rarely, if ever, complained about WDW because there's no place else on earth that I would rather be. However, I know for a fact that Disney WANTS to hear from their guests because that's how they can achieve the level of greatness that they have. In fact, I have been recruited several times by Disney to participate in focus groups when they come to NYC because of the amount of times I've been to WDW and the fact that I'm an annual passholder. Unbelievably, they pay me to talk about WDW! ;) Disney specifically asks how they can make things better. On one occasion, they started off by asking us, "If you could have a Disney 'wish list' what would you wish for?" At the time, a lot of us complained about the long lines. A short time later, Fast Pass was born.

Successful businesses, and Disney has written books on the subject, want to hear when things aren't quite up to snuff. So I'm sorry if you take offense when guests vent, complain, or voice their concerns. You see, we hope that ultimately, by affecting change when needed, we are a small part of the "Disney Magic."

#42 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 10 December 2003 - 07:00 PM

Donna said:

Successful businesses, and Disney has written books on the subject, want to hear when things aren't quite up to snuff. So I'm sorry if you take offense when guests vent, complain, or voice their concerns. You see, we hope that ultimately, by affecting change when needed, we are a small part of the "Disney Magic."

I don't take offense to it. I can tell you though, that making complaints online to a little message board (sorry Matt, you know I love this place!!! ;)) doesn't get to Disney. Making complaints to Guest Communications and the like gets to Disney. I will personally give you a list of any email or postal addresses you want to voice your complaints. When I get Guest complaints in the park, I direct them to a manager, or if one isn't available, take it myself, or even better, direct them to Guest Relations where things can get at least somewhat taken care of.

#43 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 10 December 2003 - 07:08 PM

Donna said:

In fact, I have been recruited several times by Disney to participate in focus groups when they come to NYC because of the amount of times I've been to WDW and the fact that I'm an annual passholder.

Donna,
I'm a fellow NYC'er....tell me about these! ;)

#44 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 10 December 2003 - 07:54 PM

QuickGold said:

Donna said:

In fact, I have been recruited several times by Disney to participate in focus groups when they come to NYC because of the amount of times I've been to WDW and the fact that I'm an annual passholder.

Donna,
I'm a fellow NYC'er....tell me about these! ;)

I'm an AP as well.. never heard about these. But I am in GA.

#45 User is offline   Donna 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney, theatre, music, baseball

Posted 10 December 2003 - 09:13 PM

All I know is, Disney seems to know its guests and their patterns of visits. When they contacted me the first time they said they were calling AP holders in NYC. After that, they contacted us pretty regularly. After each trip we would hear from them. One year we stayed at the WL and we got a phone call from the General Manager inviting us to breakfast. He wanted to know what we thought of the hotel! I swear, I don't know how we have achieved this status. Another year they comped our AP's because we wrote to Guest Relations about a negative experience at Blizzard Beach - and believe me, it wasn't that big of a deal. It certainly wouldn't have prevented us from going back!

The last focus group I did was in August. They're designing a new web site and wanted to know what we thought. Not only do they pay you for this but they give you plenty of food. The whole thing takes an hour and a half and you walk out of there knowing that Disney absolutely, positively, 100% cares about what we think.

Check out the official web site and click on the link where it asks if you want to take a survey (it should still be there). Once you do that,
you're letting them know that you're ready, willing and able to help them out. You'll hear from them.

It's really a lot of fun. They ask what Disney resorts you've stayed in, when you're coming back, who your favorite character is, etc. They also ask you to define the "Disney Magic" or how you feel when you enter a Disney park or resort. Then they get into whatever the focus is for that session, for example - the upcoming web site. There's a 2-way mirror with Disney execs on one side and the focus group on the other. It's also videotaped. It's really a hoot because you get to talk about WDW and get paid. Heck, I talk about WDW for free!

We're a totally WDW-obsessed family. How am I going to live through 13 more days, 8 hours and 57 minutes?!

#46 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 10 December 2003 - 09:33 PM

Thanks for the info Donna....sounds interesting

Donna said:

We're a totally WDW-obsessed family. How am I going to live through 13 more days, 8 hours and 57 minutes?!

You can spend lots of time at this site! ;)

#47 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 10 December 2003 - 10:55 PM

Well I did fill out that form many months ago but will fill it out again and see what happens. I do get the postcard/web surverys after each stay though.

#48 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 12 December 2003 - 04:38 PM

I just filled out the survey and the last question asks if you'd like to be involved in follow up surveys and/or focus groups.

http://64.41.252.6/p...20/index.pl?P=2

#49 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 12 December 2003 - 05:10 PM

Yep that is the one I have filled out before.

#50 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 24 January 2004 - 12:58 PM

Just posted pics from the holiday version of the parade. 28 in all.

http://www.mgmstudio...at.php?cat_id=9

Also posted pics of some of the general holiday decorations in various catagories (mainly Hollywood blvd)

enjoy!

#51 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 24 January 2004 - 01:32 PM

As always, great pics Jason!

#52 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 24 January 2004 - 02:43 PM

QuickGold said:

As always, great pics Jason!

No Problem, Thanks.

Also you might want to add 'parades' under characters. That is where I put it as you see, Just where I thought it fit the best. :D

#53 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 24 January 2004 - 03:04 PM

trendymagic said:

Also you might want to add 'parades' under characters. That is where I put it as you see, Just where I thought it fit the best. :D

Will do :D

#54 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 24 January 2004 - 03:15 PM

QuickGold said:

Will do :D

Well that whole new catagory works well to! Thanks Matt.

#55 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 26 January 2004 - 01:29 AM

Hehe I was thinking that catagory wasn't there before! :D Great pictures Jason :D

#56 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 26 January 2004 - 06:07 AM

DisneyPrincess said:

Hehe I was thinking that catagory wasn't there before! :D Great pictures Jason :D

Poof! like magic it appears.

#57 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 26 January 2004 - 11:42 AM

I'm not sure sub-categories are possible and I guess a parade category wouldnt hurt anyway.

#58 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 26 January 2004 - 01:54 PM

QuickGold said:

a parade category wouldnt hurt anyway.

Not at all.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users