Studios Central: Your opinion of the Fantasmic! Dinner Package - Studios Central

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Your opinion of the Fantasmic! Dinner Package

#41 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:06 AM

TiggerRay said:

QuickGold said:

Welcome to Studios Central PhilHarHarMagic!

See, my point of contention is you don't need the package and you don't save that much time

And the seats aren't all that great.
Yes, even more reason not to get the package.

#42 User is offline   GarrettJD 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:38 PM

We used the package during our first couple of trips to WDW around 2003, when attendance at the parks was down, and a double Fantasmic night was much more rare.

If I do use the package it's for Hollywood and Vine. However, since we always go during summer, there's almost always two showings of Fantasmic each night, so we spend the time during the first showing doing uncrowded touring elsewhere, then head over to Hollywood Hills for uncrowded showing #2.

#43 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:05 PM

It's helpful if you really want to see Fantasmic.... lol
Other than that, i really suggest experimentation over Dinner Plans because 90% of the food at Disneyworld is Delicious.

#44 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:04 PM

Before moving to FL from NJ, I used the dinner package at WDW a couple of times (Candlelight Processional, Fantasmic!, etc.) while on vacation but but really didn't find it all that advantagous as Matt suggested. Even when I didn't live here, I would plan trips when the parks were least crowded such as early December and found, if you plan well, it's just as easy to get a good seat without the package and you're not locked in to dining at a specific time/place. I can see, though, how it would be beneficial to some people if they don't get to WDW that often. It essentially guarantees seats.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#45 User is offline   Burnie 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Family, Disney, Technology

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:12 AM

The Fantasmic Dinner Package is something that people should try. My family has done it three times, once at Mama Melrose's and twice at Hollywood and Vine. In our case we were going to be eating there anyway (you do forfit a discount). For it to be good seating you need to get there early just like if you were not doing the package, so it is a wash. You do get a little backstage view.

I think you should try it and see if you like it. I am middle of the road. I could do it or not, now that I have done it a few times. Mama's is the cheapest but we love the food at Hollywood and Vine (I know most people don't).

Good Luck
Burnie

#46 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:03 AM

Welcome to Studios Central Burnie!

I happen to really like the dinner options at Hollywood & Vine

#47 User is offline   SkywalkersDad 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:14 AM

We tried the FD package earlier this month the opening day of SWW. I had booked reservations at Hollywood and Vine with the thinking that 1)it would be extremely hot and a good way to eat in the A/C, and 2)if I get a bonus reserved seat at the show, then why not. I was already going to spend the money for dinner anyway. Since there was only one show that night, it was crowded BUT I could have walked in and gotten the same seats on the other side of the theater without waiting. So in the end, it didn't "help" me except that I had a little bit of assurance that I wouldn't have to wait in line 1 hour before the show started to get a seat. I recommend it if you're already planning on making a dining reservation anyway, but not just purely to get a reserved seat.

#48 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:36 PM

with Fantasmic only going twice a week, the dinner package may be the real way to go
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users