Studios Central: Mickey's Halloween Party (Sept 15th, 2009) - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mickey's Halloween Party (Sept 15th, 2009)

#1 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:14 PM

Just got back in (literally) from the party. I'll have a full write up and plenty of photos in a bit. Sleep is much needed right now.
Professionals admit to the problem. Alcoholics claim they have no problem.

Field Agent Indy reporting for the next World Showcase Mission

#2 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:50 AM

Report:

We arrived at about 6 pm (My usual arrival every year). By this time, all of the decorations were up, the smoke and audio and effects were on. And now, it's raining.

6:15 Raining. 6:30, announcement made about the start of the party, raining. 7:00, raining. We finally give up and leave Casey's after a quick dinner and head toward Adventureland.

We headed toward the Meet and Greets, lackluster set of Timon, Baloo and Terk. Last year they had Jane and Tarzan. We saw Hook and Mr. Smee (Smee is a new version, photos later).

Fronteirland, we skipped (Look, it's still raining. You want Splash Mountain, jump in a puddle around the area).

Now, for the reason you go on rides at the party: Haunted Mansion.
They've added new lighting effects and thunder to the area. The Ghost Hostess (Not sure if she has an official name) was out walking around (Apparently some problems with the set kept her from sitting out in front of the Mansion for her skit). The usual photo shoot in front of the Mansion was going rather slow (It was still raining at this point, and its 7:30-7:45). They had the usual Hitchhiking Ghost in the photopass photo. Most of the cast were dressed up with cobwebs and face paint. It was the usual great Halloween Party feel. 8:05, the rain finally stops.

The parade didn't have too much changed. We watched it from in front of the Hall of Presidents. The Headless Horseman didn't ride because of the slick parade route. The changes *SPOILERS* They made were burning smells to the pirate floats and a new Tombstone float of the ones in front of the Mansion. *END SPOILERS*

Additions I saw at the dance parties were Mickey, Minnie, and Daisy. (I've been to the party every year since 2003 and have never seen them at the dance party). Over at Stitch's Dance Party (Now held at the stage in Tomorrowland) were Stitch (In his space suit), Chip n Dale, Pluto and Goofy. Goofy seriously looked like he was dressed in a variation of Michael Jackson in Captain EO. At one point a song named Single Ladies (WTF?) came on and Goofy was dancing to this. Apparently this is a big deal?

Minnie, Mickey meet and greets were short and usual. There were no people in the lines for Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip, Cinderella and Charming. Then we stopped by the see a very sugar rushed Tinkerbell.

Now, I know nothing about this Pixie Hallow and I have not seen the movie. But I was amazed by the queue and the set for this movie. Tink was nuts. Normally I can keep up with character interactions, this was nuts. I mean nuts. Lay off the sugar there pixie.

Saw the parade again and the final Villains Dance Mix and Mingle. Part of the "Sluttiest Celebration on Earth". This is the only time when Disney pushes the limits. Maleficent seeming to put the male dancers under a trance (Who are wearing leather and fishnets). And the villains pretty much bumping and grinding. It's a fun show but Disney, this is coming from me, you're pushing it to PG-13 here.

Overall, it was a quite party. Granted it was middle of Sept. and not a lot of people are at the parks right now anyway. We skipped the fireworks (We'll be going to a few other parties this year). The longest wait we saw was ten minutes and that was for Peter Pan.

As I said before in another topic, originality is lacking in people dressing up as characters. A LOOOOOT of pirates, princesses and pirates. (Didn't we have a party for this once? Oh wait, apparently no one was interested). I think the two that stood out (But, to me, was more of a cry for something that won't happen) were Hathaway Browne and Samantha Stearling from the Adventurers Club. Sorry, the club is closed, move on (I know there is a reunion coming up, which to me is different) but those two were like "Look at us, we're hot ****"

Here are the photos that I and the better half took last night.
Costumes: Gregory House and Lisa Cuddy.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3495...mp;l=330cc7f60a
Professionals admit to the problem. Alcoholics claim they have no problem.

Field Agent Indy reporting for the next World Showcase Mission

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:59 AM

Thanks for the report!

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:58 PM

Welcome to Studios Central Enrotly09!

Share this topic: