• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I Love the 90's, The Disney Decade. 1993

#1 User is offline   Doctor Seeker 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Many

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:21 PM

I have been watching far too much VH1 lately and I thought it would be cool if we could do some free flow just remembering and goofing on the years that make up what Michael Eisner called "The Disney Decade."

Marsupilami! Need is say more. The greatest thing ever shown on broadcast TV. Forget the moon landing, who needs Princess Di's wedding and I don't care who shot JR. I want more of that loveable scamp and his ape pal Maurice. Heck, it's better than anything else that came out of Raw Toonage. Stupid Power Possum.

#2 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:35 PM

-Pleasure Island Jazz Company opens
-Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (ATAS) Hall of Fame Plaza dedication ceremony
-Splashtacular stage show debuts at newly renovated Fountain of Nations at Epcot (only lasted 6.5 months)
-Living with the Land opens
-Magical World of Barbie stage show in America Gardens Theatre( lasts 1.5 years)

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 20 July 2004 - 11:33 PM

Someone raided the CM Portal :)

#4 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 20 July 2004 - 11:54 PM

soooo ;) Actually, I have everything on the Portal memorized. Well technically I didn't raid the Cast Portal since they change the name of it :) I'm so funny! *hears silence* or not- I'm going to bed ;)

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:40 AM

disneyprincess said:

-Magical World of Barbie stage show in America Gardens Theatre( lasts 1.5 years)

Hmm...I know of lots of folks that miss this attraction....why did it have to go?! :roll:

#6 User is offline   Doctor Seeker 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Many

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:52 AM

QuickGold said:

disneyprincess said:

Hmm...I know of lots of folks that miss this attraction....why did it have to go?! :roll:

Because it was lame. Now if they could have had Jodie Benson there for it, that I would have dug. In later years, she did the voice of barbie in Toy Story 2. I did like the pink convertable though, oh yeah and the hot girls. Although Skipper came off as just cute and annoying. She was just a fifth wheel horning in on Ken's action. See where that got him. Dumped and watching his girl dating an Aussie.

#7 User is offline   mandabella 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Disney, musicals, and jewelry

Posted 21 July 2004 - 05:58 PM

The Nightmare Before Christmas released. However, it'd be years before I would finally watch it. Back then I wasn't into Tim Burton, but later grew to love his macabre style. What really pulled me in about this movie was the soundtrack (again...the music...12 years of singing will do that to ya I guess) by Danny Elfman.

I forget in what capacity Tim Burton worked for Disney in the 80s before he left. Animator? Producer? Animator I think with Fox and the Hound...I guess I could look it up on imdb.com

"There's children throwing snowballs instead of throwing heads. They're busy building toys and absolutely no one's dead!"

#8 User is offline   rob_wilson 

• Resident Game Show Expert
  • Interests:Disney, Trivia

Posted 23 July 2004 - 07:22 PM

I've also been watching a bunch of I Love the 90s, too, so I'll try in my own way to emulate the style.

-Living with the Land opens

Living with the land? The name makes it sound like "the land" moved in and we're put out by it. Maybe "the land" is the Imagineer's mother-in-laws name and he used the title to vent his anger.

The first time I rode this, back in 1984, I had the impression that the attaction wasn't finished when the guide started talking. I thought they were only supposed to steer the boat and that the animatronic characters would be throughout the entire ride.

How can you miss with a show about Barbie? I never saw the show, but from what I understand it was a bunch of blonde bimbos dancing around stage in swimsuits. I hear the girls didn't care much for the stage location, though. The American Adventures Minutemen just didn't do much for them.

Hey Barbie, if you're still out of work, you might want to put in an application at the Restaurant Marrakesh. I hear they are always looking for more dancers.

#9 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 23 July 2004 - 09:28 PM

rob_wilson said:

I've also been watching a bunch of I Love the 90s, too, so I'll try in my own way to emulate the style.

Very, very nice :lol:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users