Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GMR Rehab News

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 08 March 2003 - 09:57 AM

This is the latest on the Great Movie Ride Rehab...

Okay, first things first, not a single scene is changing in the entire ride... that's right, you heard it from me... everything is staying the exact same as far as the ride goes. It sounds like in 2004 things might get an overhaul, but for now, everything is staying.. Including the Footlight Parade girls.. (and no they don't spin...still)

What is changing you ask? Well, apparently all of the audio has been replaced from its late 80's audio on disk or whatever they used to brand new computer controlled audio. That means no more audio screw-ups (hopefully) and all the missing audio will return again. Also it will be a LOT easier to sync the anamatronics up to the vocals now.

EVERY Anamatronic got a facelift, should look pretty sweet once June rolls around.

No new Finale Film yet, unfortunately, but the script is coming next week aparently.. so it'll be different than before..

No word on whether or not the gangster/bandit will take over your vehicle, but I'll keep my ear to the ground.

Oh, one more thing, it sounds that if capacity keeps up to what it has been, the ride might be opening sooner than predicted.. so no longer Late June but maybed late May or earlier June!

A CM posted on WDWMagic that GMR will now be re-opening June 27. No reason was given

Older news:

This just in, cutting of hours seriously affects Great Movie Ride rehab.

Instead of opening up in late April, expect the ride to be open around June 29th. :blink: Due to Disney no longer having a night maintenance crew working on this ride, the rehab has been extended. :bluecry:

Also a lot of shows are being cut back quite a bit. Playhouse Disney will start going to 4 days a week. A few resturants are going to be serving only certain meals. (Hollywood & Vine are going Dinner Only)

April Hours have also been cut alot:wha: :evil:

#2 User is offline   danesporty 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:WDW, IOA, USF, Seaworld, Soccer, Basketball

Posted 30 March 2003 - 09:49 PM

So are you sure that it will open on the 29th? Is there any chance that it could be opening later. I am going the 2nd of July and I hope it is open, as it is one of my favorite rides at the Studios.

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 30 March 2003 - 10:36 PM

danesporty said:

So are you sure that it will open on the 29th? Is there any chance that it could be opening later.

It will be open around the 29th, so it may be within a day or so of it. I'm sure more information will be in on a more precise date. :D

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 08 April 2003 - 06:32 PM

More rumors on GMR Closing....

[ Rumor - Great Movie Ride Rehab - (4/7/03) It looks like the GMR may be staying for the time being and the park is mulling over possible script changes to refresh the ride experience this year. We’ve also heard that the ride may be scheduled to shut down for an extensive rehab sometime in 2004 where they may alter a few scenes and update the film finale yet again.

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 10 April 2003 - 04:10 PM

Pictures of the GMR Rehab...

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

#6 User is offline   danesporty 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:WDW, IOA, USF, Seaworld, Soccer, Basketball

Posted 14 April 2003 - 03:53 PM

Do you think that I will be able to get on the rehabed GMR. I am going on the 2nd of July and I really hope to get on as it is one of my favorite rides at all of Walt Disney World. I will be there for 3 weeks so do you think I will get a chance to ride it.

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 17 April 2003 - 10:13 PM

danesporty said:

Do you think that I will be able to get on the rehabed GMR. I am going on the 2nd of July and I really hope to get on as it is one of my favorite rides at all of Walt Disney World. I will be there for 3 weeks so do you think I will get a chance to ride it.

The ride should definetly be open by July 2nd.

Here are some pics of some recent work done to GMR's outside(thanks to WDWMagic)...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users