Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Fast Food at DisneyWorld

#1 User is offline   Shere_Khan 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:13 PM

Has anyone tried any of this stuff. It sounds pretty good to me. I'd be interested to know the prices on it.

(Luxury Guide To Walt Disney World) Disney new fast food concept is absolutely fantastic! Three of the four theme parks have opened counter service restaurants offering wonderful, updated cuisine at a reasonable price. I enjoyed samplings from each last week and found them all wonderful.

Epcot has totally revamped Sunshine Seasons at The Land pavilion. Instead of down-home food, now the agenda is updated sandwiches, entrees, and tasty salads that are sure crowd pleasers. The new offerings are as follows:

The Grill—Rotisserie chicken flatbread with wild greens tabbouleh, grilled salmon and mashed potatoes with kalamata olive pesto (excellent!), rotisserie beef flatbread with wild greens tabbouleh • children's menu: chicken leg with mashed potatoes.

Asian Noodles—Chicken chili garlic noodle bowl, grilled vegetable and beef with jasmine rice, vegetable and tofu noodle bowl with lime ginger broth • children's menu: sweet and sour chicken.

Sandwiches—Black forest ham and salami grinder, turkey and muenster cheese on focaccia with chipotle mayonnaise, grilled vegetable Cuban sandwich – all of these delicious sandwiches
are served on artisan breads • children's menu: mini-sub sandwich.

Soup and Salad—Grilled chicken and rocket (arugula) salad with pumpkin seed vinaigrette (yum!), seared tuna on mixed greens with sesame rice wine dressing, roasted beet and goat cheese salad with cilantro lime dressing, bowl of freshly made soup such as crawfish chowder, vegetable minestrone, and broccoli and Tillamook cheese • children's menu: macaroni and cheese.

The Bakery— Rice crispy treats, croissants, cheesecake, strawberry shortcake, lemon meringue tartlets, fruit tartlets, muffins, and more.

At the Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station you'll find heaping servings of tasty Asian cuisine. Here you'll find:

Shrimp noodle bowl, chicken noodle bowl, vegetarian with tofu noodle bowl, steamed bun with barbeque pork served with Asian slaw, shrimp pad thai (excellent!), teriyaki stir fry, chicken stir fry with lo mein noodles, cashew chicken salad, mandarin orange salad • fried egg rolls, potstickers • ginger crème brulée, chocolate cake • iced green teas in blackberry, jasmine, or peach organic flavors, Asian inspired hot teas in mango black, green tea, ginger ginseng flavors • children's menu: teriyaki stir fry, noodle soup.

Disney-MGM Studios offers Middle Eastern food at the re-opened Studio Catering Company. I enjoyed a sampling at the Disney press event and found it exemplarary. The menu consists of:

Ground lamb kabobs with eggplant spread and chili sauce, marinated chicken with yogurt, cucumber, and tomato, steak "gyro" style with hummus and tomato relish, Greek salad, chicken stew with saffron rice • vanilla panna cotta, fresh fruit éclair, honey almond stick • child's menu: chicken wrap with cream cheese spread, smoked ham wrap.

Who says fast food can't be enjoyable?

Source:Magicalmountain.net

#2 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:55 AM

I've been to the tomorrowland terrace noodle station and it was about 6-8 bucks per entree. I had a chicken noodle bowl that was just huge. I shared it with my boyfriend because it was enough to feed two and it was 7 bucks. The land food looks delicious but some of it was marked expensive. I'm not sure how much exactly though.

It's cool that they are adding different options, but my noodle bowl wasn't that great. It didn't take the best, but we'll see. Hopefully something else will be more delicious. :-)
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#3 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 19 May 2005 - 11:21 AM

I've eaten at the Land and the Noodle Station and they were both very good :P Don't recall prices as I wasn't the one paying.

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:16 PM

I ate at Studio Catering. Excellent food but small portions. I'll be re-writing the review of it for the site in the coming days.

#5 User is offline   Micah 

• Studios God

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:27 PM

The Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station was the greatest. Absolute heaven. Best green tea, too.

#6 User is offline   mandabella 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Disney, musicals, and jewelry

Posted 08 June 2005 - 09:29 AM

I didn't care for the couscous at the Land. I should have known better than to buy it cold, but oh well. I did enjoy the turkey sandwich on the focaccia bread DH and I split. You can't go wrong with focaccia sandwiches. :lol:

At Studio Catering Company, I did enjoy the mediterranean offerings. ( I love mediterranean food, must be in my genes ;) ) DH and I split the chicken one: Marinated Chicken, Yogurt, Cucumber and Tomato. It was good, but I thought it was kinda pricey for what you actually got.

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 08 June 2005 - 12:10 PM

mandabella said:

It was good, but I thought it was kinda pricey for what you actually got.

Exactly my point. Goooood food but overpriced for the portion.

#8 User is offline   pam 

• Studios Regular

Posted 11 June 2005 - 02:31 PM

We ate at Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station in April, thought it was great to have something different to eat in MK. However, there were very few people eating there (admittedly it hadn't been open for that many days) and now it is closed again. We felt it probably needed some extra types of food there to appeal to youngsters to populate the area more. It will be interesting to see what changes when it reopens again (July 1st?)

#9 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:49 PM

pam said:

We ate at Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station in April, thought it was great to have something different to eat in MK. However, there were very few people eating there (admittedly it hadn't been open for that many days) and now it is closed again. We felt it probably needed some extra types of food there to appeal to youngsters to populate the area more. It will be interesting to see what changes when it reopens again (July 1st?)
The restaurant that was there before was empty most of the time as well so perhaps its just the location? It's kind of hidden.

#10 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:20 AM

It (along with many other small food and merch locations) was closed because of lack of staffing, now that the CPs are coming in there will be more Cast to staff the carts and stands. Last time we ate at the Noodle Station there was a good amount of people there.

#11 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 15 June 2005 - 12:01 PM

disneyprincess said:

It (along with many other small food and merch locations) was closed because of lack of staffing, now that the CPs are coming in there will be more Cast to staff the carts and stands. Last time we ate at the Noodle Station there was a good amount of people there.
Any recommendations?

#12 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:23 PM

We had Pad Thai, Fried Egg Roll, Pot Stickers, and Ginger Infused Creme Brulee and liked all of it :thumleft: The tea is awesome, but I don't remember what flavor right now.

#13 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:55 AM

Pad Thai is great

#14 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 24 June 2005 - 06:53 AM

QuickGold said:

pam said:

The restaurant that was there before was empty most of the time as well so perhaps its just the location? It's kind of hidden.

I hardly ever saw it empty... whenever I went through it there were always TONS of people in it. Even when it was closed and they weren't supposed to be...
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#15 User is offline   mitros 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 25 June 2005 - 04:34 PM

I noticed several folks comments on the prices for food at WDW. Hey, somebody has to pay to keep Ei$ner living the lifestyle he has become used to! :cry: :roll:

#16 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 25 June 2005 - 05:43 PM

mitros said:

I noticed several folks comments on the prices for food at WDW. Hey, somebody has to pay to keep Ei$ner living the lifestyle he has become used to! :cry: :roll:
Food is usually overpriced at Disney but the portion size is what's important

#17 User is offline   mitros 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 26 June 2005 - 11:36 AM

This is also true, and over the years, since we first started visiting WDW in 1988, we have seen the portions go in both directions, more and less, but the prices, of course, always go in one direction.....up! Some of the restaurants have substantial portions for the buck, and others just do not seem to give you adequete amounts of food.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users