Studios Central: Best options for Solo Dining - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best options for Solo Dining Where can a party of one walk up easily without an ADR?

#1 User is offline   wedway 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:EPCOT Center, classic and independent film, Nationals baseball

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:16 PM

As a frequent solo traveler, I'm always looking for great places to slip in and have a meal without a wait. In early March, I was a hitchhiker in a car at the Sci-Fi after 20 minutes, around noon on a Friday. I tried to get a seat at the bar for the 50's Prime Time, but it was packed due to ESPN the Weekend.

When over in EPCOT, I can easily slip into Teppan Edo, Biergarten, Marrakesh, or Via Napoli, usually because of table design, and I've had sporadic luck at the Plaza in MK. Tusker House was no problem for me at noon either as a party of one.

So what are the best places for me to slip in without an ADR as a party of one or two, either at the studios or elsewhere on property? I don't like counter service being every meal, and I have no problems eating by myself (in fact, I usually strike up a conversation with the adjoining tables).
Follow me at @jeffswear.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:05 AM

For Prime Time, eat at the Tune In Lounge next door. You can order off the Prime Time menu!

#3 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:57 PM

I always tell solo travellers to dine at the restaurant's bar. It's immediate seating and you can usually get a seat their without an ADR.

#4 User is offline   MyMuse 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney, Photography, Coffee, Social Media...lover of many things, expert in none :)

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:25 PM

Nice info!

I usually made ADRs when I'm solo and it's sually not a huge problem. I don't think I've ever walked up to a place tho. And the restaraunt bar, I don't tihnk I would be comfortable. I am ok with dining by myself at a table, tho, hopefully, with all my new disney friends, it will not be aproblem in the future!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users