• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Abu's Early December Trip Part 1

#1 User is offline   Abu 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies, Games,

Posted 12 December 2004 - 01:52 PM

Alright the events of this report take place December 3-5.

The cast: Me, mom, dad and sister

As always we leave Jacksonville way later than we wanted. Around 4pm, if I recall. Traffic out of Jax was bad but I-95 and I-4 were great. We arrive at Cypress Palms about 7:45 pm. We check in and go bring in most of our luggage. Around 8:15 pm we head to Burger King for dinner then on to Downtown Disney.

We mostly just wandered around the market place and Westside. I got a couple packs of Wild Cherry NERDS from the candy store in the market place. In the Megastore I saw many things I would like to purchase but I decided against it. I really wanted to buy season 1 of the Real World on Dvd but I couldn't really deal with the ridicule I would have gotten from my parents if I had bought it. If it was season 2 LA though I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

As we were walking out to our car the House of Blues just let a show out and all these sweaty people were walking out, we kept our distance.

Day 2
After a poor nights sleep, I ate donuts from Krispy Kreme. We left for MGM around 9:30. For some reason the parking guys at MGM were only using the parking lots way out in BFE. So we couldn't walk to the gates. We rode the tram in. It just amazes me that people do so many stupid things on the tram like getting on as the guy tells the driver he is clear.

Oh I forgot to say that on this day my allergies were really acting up and I was miserable the whole day.

We had straight on over to TOT and RnR. Dad got us FP for Tot while Mom, Sister, and me rode RnR. I think I am getting bored of RnR. After RnR we all rode ToT. The ride was mediocre, we didn't really get any good drops.

After getting Cokes and popcorn we went to the Magic of Disney Animation. It was okay, the Mushu movie was okay but I miss the old movie with robin williams. The line to get pictures with the Incredibles was insanely long. I went and found a bench to lay on while my sister played on some of the things in there.

From there we just missed WWTBAM, I went to the AFI showcase while my parents went to sit down and my sister went to the Honey I shrunk the kids playground. I was stoked to see that the Aliens costume was still there in the AFI showcase.

We went on over to Star Tours. I was dissapointed in the lack of cool Star Wars stuff in the Tatioone Traders. After this we decided to head over to Epcot. We drove over and we got a decent parking space.

Once in the park my Sister wanted to go into inoventions so we headed over there. I found a seat on the floor and listened to my Ipod while they followed my sister around.

We decided for some reason to go over to America for lunch. After that we decided we were going to head back to the front of the park so my sister could ride Mission Space. We got lucky and caught the boat with out waiting. As usual M:S had no line. After that we went to the other Inoventions. Mom, Dad, and I got seats at the Mickey Tag game while my sister ran around. I listened to my Ipod and tried to sleep. I was embarassed that my sister did so horrible on the Mickey Tag game. She couldn't get off the train when she was it!

It was getting dark at this point so we went to find a bus to MGM so we could see the Osbourn lights. We just missed the bus so we had to wait a long time. MGM was packed. The line for the Osbourne ligts began at the GMR and wrapped around the ABC theater all the way back to Star Tours. But at least it moved fast. The lights were very impressive. Time to go back to Epcot for Illuminations and dinner.

We got lucky with the buses and got right on a bus to Epcot. My sister and I rode Spaceship Earth and then we all ate dinner at the Electric Umbrella. Since we had a while me and my sister went to M:S again. No line.

Illuminations was awesome. The highlight of my trip. The finale is something special.

Back to the Cypress Palms. I stay up late, watching Band of Brothers on the History Channel.

Part 2 Coming soon

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 12 December 2004 - 04:14 PM

Thanks for posting John ;)

This time of year is great. No lines and still warm weather.

#3 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 13 December 2004 - 12:22 AM

QuickGold said:

You say that as it's currently 44º

Great report, can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

#4 User is offline   Doctor Seeker 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Many

Posted 13 December 2004 - 12:23 AM

The parking situation is now the norm. The bus parking was redone and the only lots used now are the farther ones.

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 13 December 2004 - 01:07 PM

disneyprincess said:

QuickGold said:

You say that as it's currently 44º

Great report, can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

I'll take Florida's winter over Connecticut's any day of the week.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users