Studios Central: Disney-Star Wars Kooky Pen set release and artist signing - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Disney-Star Wars Kooky Pen set release and artist signing May 21 & 22

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:05 PM

From Stitch Kingdom

On May 21 and 22 from 10 am – 11 am and 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm, Kooky pen creator Brent Reese and Disney Design Group Senior Character Artist Cody Reynolds will be on hand to meet guests and sign the newest Kooky pen releases at The Writer’s Stop at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Each set is limited to a production run of just 5,000 pieces. Kooky Kollection #7 features the heroes of the Disney-Star Wars universe: Mickey as Luke Skywalker, Minnie as Princess Leia & Stitch as Yoda while Kollection #8’s ink goes a tad darker with Goofy as Darth Vader, Donald as Darth Maul & Stitch as the Emperor.

#2 User is offline   Pitti-sing 

• Studios Regular
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:35 PM

View PostQuickGold, on May 10 2010, 07:05 PM, said:

I followed the link and they're cute. Not that I need anything else :) at all, ever. But, um, does anyone have a guess as to the price?

#3 User is offline   Pitti-sing 

• Studios Regular

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:54 PM

So, I still haven't found the price, but I found bigger pictures and info about the artists.

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/art...kookyevent.html

#4 User is offline   surfpark 

• Studios God

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:21 PM

The pens are cute, but this is kind of a lame event. I think the meeting with the artists works better for products that skew a bit older. Authors and higher-end merchandise designers work well because the people buying the items have a better appreciation for the end product. Am I totally wrong in thinking that these are geared more towards kids and less the sci-fi geek collector?

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:14 PM

I could be totally wrong about this, but I don't think it's SWW related, just a Disney merch event that they happened to make coincide with SWW since a built in audience will be there. They do these sorts of events for other merchandise, such as pins, watches and drawings and for someone interested in the stuff, it can be fun to be able to meet the person behind it. It doesn't excite me personally, but it's still nice to see Disney holding these sorts of events in the park IMO.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users