Studios Central: Toy Story Playland now open @ Walt Disney Studios Park in paris - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Toy Story Playland now open @ Walt Disney Studios Park in paris

#1 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:36 PM

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010...sneyland-paris/

What do we think about these possibly coming to our studios some day?

#2 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:04 PM

I don't know...I guess if they put them in the right place in the park it would be ok. Is it me or is this somewhat similar to 'Honey I shrunk the Playground?"

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:05 AM

I think it'd be an upgrade to HISTK. I know the kids enjoy playing around HISTK, but those same kids definitely have no clue about the film being represented. While I agree there's perhaps too much Pixar going around the parks these days, this is one project I'd support coming to DHS.

#4 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:25 AM

If they're set on keeping it as a play area, the least they could do is update it to something that isn't based on a 21 year old movie that hasn't really stood the test of time. I'm sure kids would get a kick out of a Toy Story area.

#5 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:00 AM

the HISTA playground needs an update. This would be perfect for Pixar Place

yjough i dont think it would fit
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:46 AM

View PostMJMcBride, on Sep 30 2010, 08:00 AM, said:

the HISTA playground needs an update. This would be perfect for Pixar Place

yjough i dont think it would fit

I wouldn't mind seeing an update to HISTK as well

#7 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:54 PM

View PostQuickGold, on Sep 30 2010, 11:46 AM, said:

I wouldn't mind seeing an update to HISTK as well

I thought the Bug's Life idea would be easy to accomplish
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#8 User is offline   April 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:08 PM

I hope it doesn't come to the Studios. I miss the days were you couldn't find the same things at each parks. Adds to the appeal of wanting to visit them.

I do agree that HISTK's playground needs to be redone. Would love to see it redone as Phineas & Ferb or Monster's Inc (lots of doors and different sets like Yeti, Swamp, Paris) or maybe even something National Treasure (with puzzles that activate things and cool set pieces).

#9 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:10 PM

View PostApril, on Oct 18 2010, 10:08 PM, said:

I hope it doesn't come to the Studios. I miss the days were you couldn't find the same things at each parks. Adds to the appeal of wanting to visit them.

I suppose, but I must say there is very little chance of me getting to Disney Paris or Tokyo Disney so I would like to see the good attarctions come here
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#10 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God
  • Interests:My Children and Family, Disney, Games, UFC

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:13 AM

I am a fan of the expansion if not the rides. The park really needed all of the new rides, I am sad that they chose to go with off the shelf rides I can ride at any other theme park... that being said these will drive my family and I to the studios and we will spend more time than we normally do in that park. I don't mind having a toy story themed playground either. With small children it helps to have somewhere to let them burn some energy. They have a playground in Pizza PLane in the Magic Kingdom that we often hit for lunch. The food is poor, but they have a great play area where the kids can let off a lot of steam and feel like they have some freedom (something we often overlook on a disney trip... they tend to get shuffled form one controlled experience to another)....

#11 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:25 PM

I still have to think that playland wouldnt fit where the Playground is now
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#12 User is offline   surfpark 

• Studios God

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:40 AM

This is not just a play area, but a mini-land, since it also hosts a few rides. Check out the video tour:

This reminds me of the Carsland they're building at California Adventure. I wonder why Disney geared its focus to lands based on one film/franchise. Isn't the shelf life of something like this much shorter? Imagine if Frontierland was originally slated at Davy Crockett Land... I think people would grow tired of it sooner.

#13 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:27 AM

Films seem to be much more timeless than tv shows. I think the Toy Story films have enough credence to warrant it. Carsland, well, there is a sequel coming out and it's a big hit with boys.

#14 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God
  • Interests:My Children and Family, Disney, Games, UFC

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:45 PM

After having gone to Toy Story Land in DLP I am somewhat mixed. Flat out, the themeing of the land is what sold me on the experience. I was expecting something more or less thrown together as the rides were off the shelf purchases. Disney did a good job of themeing the attractions and the surrounding area. There were three new attractions, two for children and one for big kids/adults. The park needed new rides, and the addition of two kids rides was really, really nice. Unfortunately the RC attraction was out of place in my opinion. The height requirement is taller than tower of terror... the attraction looks scary, is somewhat loud and try as I might I could not get my oldest son to go on it. I offered bribes... toys... NOTHING! This land was primarily themed to children (obviously) so the inclusion of a ride that is soo intimidating to youngsters, and that carries such a stiff height requirement was somewhat out of place IMO.

That being said we spent some time in the area, and on a fairly busy day the rides seemed to handle crowds pretty well. This was big for me as when this park releases new attractions they tend to be swamped! I remember the days of 120 minute wait 10 minutes after park opening when crushes coaster made its debut

Still, this was a decent expansion that kept us in the park longer than we otherwise would have stayed. My kids really, really enjoyed the Army Drop and Slinky the Dog rides add to that fun themeing to a popular/timeless series and as far as I am concerned this was a win.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users