Studios Central: La Hacienda - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

La Hacienda

#1 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:07 PM

Anyone try this? Im going in a few weeks and was curious
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#2 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:14 AM

View PostMJMcBride, on 31 July 2011 - 08:07 PM, said:

Anyone try this? Im going in a few weeks and was curious

I've dined here a few times, once during Illuminations. I found the food top notch for a mexican restaurant. I thought the portions were smaller than usual. As far as menu items there seems to be more to choose from than at other WDW restaurants.

If you want to view Illuminations they do pipe-in the music. You'll want to make your ADR 30 or 45 minutes before Illuminations starts. When you check-in make sure to ask for a seat by the windows so you can view Illuminations. You should know you may not (probably won't) be directly facing the windows. You may have to look to your side to see the fireworks and globe. Also, the windows have skinny dividers in them that can somewhat obstruct your view. Don't get me wrong, the view is still good, but you may have to adjust your head to see everything. If you don't get a seat by the windows the restaurant staff allow you to get up from your seats to walk over to the windows so you can see the show. The windows are mostly sound proof so it's hard to hear the firworks. All I heard were tiny pops during the fireworks.

You should definately give it a try, if for anything else to see if you like it yourself.

Hope that helps.

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:59 AM

I've eaten here 3 times and all three times I've been left thinking "meh". Generally, the food is expensive and not terribly great. I don't know about others, but the mexican food in Florida and southeast is good and I wasn't impressed by the food here. I was discussing this restaurant yesterday with AJ from DisneyFoodBlog and Mike Scopa and Scopa liked it but AJ and I thought it wasn't really worth it.

I wouldn't label La Hacienda bad (it's not in the Nine Dragons territory by any means), but it's not in my top 5 World showcase restaurants either.

#4 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:37 PM

View PostQuickGold, on 01 August 2011 - 10:59 AM, said:

but it's not in my top 5 World showcase restaurants either.

what is?

I would go Teppan Edo, San Angel, Tutto Italia for certain
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#5 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:50 PM

I really liked it. The mixed grill was very tasty I recommend it. The desserts were good too. The queso fundido was just ok
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users