Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Universal Stunt Accident

#1 User is offline   chopsva 

• Studios Regular
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:28 AM

CNN reported and showed video of a pretty nasty fall during the Sinbad show @ Universal. They never mentioned the status of the stunt man. Does anyone know if he's OK?

#2 User is offline   missashley2008 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:30 PM

they have the video?! jesus.

i was wondering if anybody had recorded it (which is how i found this forum, i've been googling about it wondering if anybody in the audience happened to catch it on film)

it was bad....i was in the audience (with 9 other family members, altogether it was us 6 kids, and 4 parents) and none of us kids wanted to even see the show. so as i pouted in the audience(i feel bad, not only am i way too old to "pout", but that guy was hurt pretty bad and i was too busy being upset about not getting my way), thinking it was going to be reallly stupid show, after the narration or whatever, all of the sudden, the guy come sliding out of nowhere, and CRASH!!! i didn't flinch, most of us thought it was part of the show, so when they started kicking us out of the auditorium, me and the family sat and watched, waiting for him to get up and say "oh...just kidding!!!!" all i could think was "i know universal doesn't pay him enough to pretend to fall that hard.."but...nope. he was seriously not pretending. and i felt bad for being a b*tch.

i dont know if he's okay, but he was barely moving afterwards. i read news reports that said he's okay, so he might be..

it was a pretty nasty fall though. he looked like a ragdoll...like seriously. i dont know why i thought the fall was pretend, now that i think about it, nobody falls that hard on purpose...nobody! :blink:

and whats worse is there was a row of little kids sitting like 10 ft away (i was more like 12 ft...i was in the "splash zone"...so me and my dad were pretty close and saw the entire thing. the rest of my family was too scared to get wet, so they shifted all the way to the left of the arena.

anyway, yeah, i think he's okay though....but he did take a pretty hard hit. i wonder if i can find the video somewhere....

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:53 AM

Welcome to Studios Central missashley2008!

#4 User is offline   alyx92 

• Studios Regular

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:02 PM

is there a link to the video???

#5 User is offline   TheInfrequentVisitor 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney, Music, Movies

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:57 PM

http://www.wftv.com/...295/detail.html

He was apparently conscious and talking after the fall, and here is the video link, but I couldn't get it to work:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/0...n.accident.wesh

#6 User is offline   alyx92 

• Studios Regular

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:18 AM

wow. that sucks. I'll be there in less than a month

#7 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:03 PM

Oh wow.

That looked terrible. At first I thought it was part of the show too, but after seeing it again, i could just imagine the pain.
I really admire guys that can do this for a living.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users