Studios Central: "I can't believe I'm going on a cuise!" Day 5 + 6 - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"I can't believe I'm going on a cuise!" Day 5 + 6

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 06 December 2004 - 04:26 PM

No matter what, your last day is always about what you dont want the most; going home. We woke up bright and early(no change there), packed whatever else was left to be packed and bid adue to our staterooms. I never did press that green button above the murphy bed, which is my only regret. Anywho, we lugged our luggage(good alliteration) to breakfast at Parrots Cay and had a fairly quick meal. My parents wanted to leave early to get a jump on driving back. I wanted to get out in order to get to WDW ASAP. Once again the other family was a no-show so we had a quick meal, said goodbye to our servers (again) and were on our way.

I had been fretting about my cuban cigars I bought in Nassau, thinking a crack commando team would be waiting for me when I left the bought(think Elian Gonzalez raid, but swap the cute kid for the cigars). Instead I found a few volunteer depositories for fruit & vegetables and not much else. I guess Customs figures all the contraband goes in the luggage that you want stowed away. Anywho, me and my little sister said goodbye to my parents and my middle sister whom were all driving back. I was all excited to take one of the nice Disney buses back to WDW and possibly watch some Disney movies onboard. Instead, we got a Mears van to take us back. After waiting 10-15 minutes for another family, the van left and we were on our way back to WDW.

Throughout the trip I lobbied my sister to come ride Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and she refused all my bribes. I tried every trick in the book.
"Oh, it's not so bad."
"You really dont feel like you're going upside down."
"I'll let you pick where we eat if you go on."
"If you don't ride, then it's wienerschnitzel and bratwurst in Germany for you for dinner."
"Everyone's doing it!"

At any rate, she wouldn't budge. Between harassing her I called Jillian to see about meeting up for tickets and to see her. I succeeded in waking her up and she told us she'd meet us at Riverside around 11:30 or so. So we got to Riverside and were very surprised to find our rooms were available. So we made (what seemed like) a 10 mile trek out to our room, tossed our stuff down and lay in bed until Jillian came.

Once we met up with Jillian at Riverside, we took the quick drive over to MGM, got our tickets and were on our way. At first, the waits were bad. We waited on Coaster for about 30 minutes or so. Then, like some sort of Thanksgiving Day Miracle, when we came out, all the lines were gone! We ended up riding Tower about 5 or 6 times, had lunch at Mama Melrose, then rode Star Tours(the first attraction that my sister actually rode), then some more Tower and Coaster and then we had to go to Epcot to see Candlelight.

We were going to see Candlelight because Jillian was singing in it. Now, I had promised Jillian to not only see it but to cheer her on. So we got to Epcot, rode Mission:Space(no wait) and then headed to World Showcase. On the way, I grabbed a margarita to put me into the holiday spirit (ok, so it's just a cheap excuse to get some drinks) and then we were off to Candlelight. A few minutes later we got our seats about 4 row down and waited for it to start. As I saw Jillian walking I gave a quick wave. Well after the first song or so I started the Jillian Cheering Section up. I let out a few cheers of encouragement when it got quiet between songs. ;) It was all in good fun. After the show we tried looking for Jillian but to no avail.

So we headed to England to have dinner at Rose & Crown. We did some shopping along the way and by the time we got our seats, we were quite tired. I had the lamb & barley soup, which was quite good and of course, fish & chips.......and a half yard of Bass ale. ;) Anywho, I tried to call Jason at this point because I knew Future World was closing to see where he was. Unfortunately we played a game of cat and mouse with the cell phones and in the end decided to just go back to the resort and get some sleep. A long bus ride home later and another 10 mile hike to our rooms and we were in our beds and asleep.

The next day we woke up early and met Jillian for breakfast at Ohana at the Polynesian. I clearly had made the reservations too close to our airport pickup time so we were a bit rushed and didn't have much of a chance to enjoy it. Mickey, Chip & Dale and Goofy were there and it was fun and all but I enjoyed the other character breakfasts more than the all-you-can eat where they bring you the food rather than you go get it yourself. After breakfast I said goodbye to Jillian, took the taxi to the airport and flew home.

Things I Learned
- Despite some odd glares, it's alot of fun to cheer on Jillian at Candlelight
- The parks really do empty out after Thanksgiving

Many thanks to Jillian for my tickets, Leslie for showing up, sorry to Jason for not being able to meet up and apology to everyone at Candlelight who wanted to go and see a nice quiet evening of music and instead got the Jillian cheering squad. :joker:

#2 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 December 2004 - 10:29 AM

Gee, how many more times could you throw my name into a post? ;)

Glad to see you had fun, and my friends from another board were actually in the row in front of you, off to the right a little. :)

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 12 December 2004 - 11:22 AM

disneyprincess said:

Gee, how many more times could you throw my name into a post? :)

The more Jillian in a post, the better the post. It's a scientifically proven fact.

#4 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 12 December 2004 - 11:34 AM

Ahhh I see now ;)

#5 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 15 January 2005 - 11:27 AM

http://disneyprinces...et/c399778.html got some pics up from Candlelight by the way :)

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 15 January 2005 - 11:45 AM

disneyprincess said:

http://disneyprinces...et/c399778.html got some pics up from Candlelight by the way :)
Page loads but no pics :(

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users