Studios Central: Rockin' Rollercoaster vs. Revenge of the Mummy - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rockin' Rollercoaster vs. Revenge of the Mummy

#1 User is offline   alyx92 

• Studios Regular
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:37 PM

Hey guys,

Has anyone here been on both Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Orlando and Rockin' Rollercoaster at DHS? If so, can you please give me a comparison for the two rides?

Thanks alot!!!!

#2 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:02 PM

I have.
I can tell you that they are very much different. Although both attractions are indoor coasters they are different in what they try to accomplish.

RnR is themed towards music where RofM is themed towards the Mummy movie series.

RnR has more a thrill involved; where RofM relies more on trying to scare you. RofM toys with your psychy through a series of special effects. It even has a backwards element to it where RnR is completely forward. The ride vehicles on RofM stop at one point in the ride.

Both attractions are very cool and serve their parks well. If I had to choose one I'd pick RnR, but I'm a little partial towards Disney attractions. But, I did enjoy RofM. It has a lot of neat special effects incorporated into the attraction.

If I give you any more information than that I'll spoil the rides for you. :lol:

#3 User is offline   smalld 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney, Playing Online Games.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:04 PM

If i was going to compare coasters i would most likely to compare RofM to Everest. They have the same type of thrill and intensity.

~smalld

#4 User is offline   alyx92 

• Studios Regular

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:58 PM

Thanks. I just went on RotM last weekend for a school trip, but i havent worked up the guts to go on RnR yet... :roll:
How much more thrilling is RnR vs. RotM?

BTW: Thanks for the great help!

#5 User is offline   TheInfrequentVisitor 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney, Music, Movies

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:07 PM

I've never been on the Mummy ride, but RnR is a must do.

At the very least, go through the queue. If the launches you see scare you, they have a special exit. But I'd really recommend riding it.

#6 User is offline   alyx92 

• Studios Regular

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:02 AM

ive been through the queue,....and the chicken exit....lol

i think ill ride it this june

#7 User is offline   surfpark 

• Studios God

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:15 PM

Rockin' Roller Coaster is all about an intense experience. Its about speed, music, and feeling consumed by both. Its like a traditional roller coaster in the sense that you know what's coming, yet, you're given great visual effects to compliment the experience.

Revenge of the Mummy is equally intense, but its all about surprises. Much in the way a haunted house attraction scares you randomly throughout the ride, Revenge of the Mummy is geared to make you gasp at every new effect. As Smalld mentioned, "Mummy" is much more related to Expedition Everest in Animal Kingdom, as both use the darkness to scare you.

Neither of the rides are ideal for people that are weak of heart or want a light and fun experience. Both coasters are high energy and cater to thrills. Chances are, if you like one, you'll like them both.

#8 User is offline   alyx92 

• Studios Regular

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:59 PM

Great! That was just what I was looking for surf! Thanks!!! :)

#9 User is offline   MagicMemories 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:WDW, Movies / TV, Scrapbooking, Photos & more.

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:57 AM

I have to admit something.....

I have been to DHS a number of times.

Actually, since February 1st, I have spent a number of full, full days there...and in those full, full days.....I have chickened out of riding the RnRC EVERY SINGLE TIME. :shock:

I had a few days where I genuinely didn't feel too well and knew better than to go on the ride, but then I had a few days where I wanted to ride and my wife didn't, or my wife wanted to ride but I didn't want to - so we have not been on it either.

I am often criticized for being an obsessive maniac with WDW, especially related to DHS, but in all my obsessiveness, I have never rode the RnRC. :bluecry:

I am ashamed.

However, I - WILL - definitely be riding the RnRC in September when I go.

#10 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:58 AM

I've ridden both and I can't see much of a comparison between the two. The Mummy is part dark ride and part coaster. If anything, it's closer to Everest in ride structure but it's still a loose comparison.

#11 User is offline   Studio Kid 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Visiting the Studios

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:59 PM

I've rode both. The only thing I say mummy has over coaster is it's a part dark ride. The first half with the warriors and sacrab beetles but after that it's just like coaster without inversions.

#12 User is offline   surfpark 

• Studios God

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:43 PM

View PostMagicMemories, on May 12 2009, 11:57 AM, said:

I have to admit something.....

I have been to DHS a number of times.

Actually, since February 1st, I have spent a number of full, full days there...and in those full, full days.....I have chickened out of riding the RnRC EVERY SINGLE TIME. :shock:

I think that's fine. I only rode Rockin Roller Coaster once. It wasn't my bag. I'm a tall guy and fitting my knees into the coaster cars comfortably is a challenge. I ended up getting a Charlie horse midway through the ride (there are no exits when you're going that fast). I didn't let my experience cloud my judgment of the ride though. Its fun, but very fast. Definitely for people that like coasters.

#13 User is offline   MagicMemories 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:23 AM

View Postsurfpark, on May 13 2009, 11:43 PM, said:

I think that's fine. I only rode Rockin Roller Coaster once. It wasn't my bag. I'm a tall guy and fitting my knees into the coaster cars comfortably is a challenge. I ended up getting a Charlie horse midway through the ride (there are no exits when you're going that fast). I didn't let my experience cloud my judgment of the ride though. Its fun, but very fast. Definitely for people that like coasters.

I hate that myself. I am a rather big as well, and I always feel like a bass in a tuna can. :D

That has to be the most extreme Charlie Horse you'll ever get.

How bad are the loops in the ride? Is it so fast you don't notice it that much or what?

#14 User is offline   Studio Kid 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Visiting the Studios

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:55 PM

If you are wrrying about the inversions, don't! There are 3 and you get the first 2 back to back in what we thrill fans call, a cobra roll. You won't feel it, it's like your going so fast you don't think about them. You won't even tell. However on the corkscrew you may feel it beacause of the images displayed upside down (which may look right side up) but all in all the coaster isn't really bad, trust me you'll be laughing more than screaming or screaming and laughing at the same time lol.

#15 User is offline   MagicMemories 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:21 PM

View PostStudio Kid, on May 14 2009, 04:55 PM, said:

If you are wrrying about the inversions, don't! There are 3 and you get the first 2 back to back in what we thrill fans call, a cobra roll. You won't feel it, it's like your going so fast you don't think about them. You won't even tell. However on the corkscrew you may feel it beacause of the images displayed upside down (which may look right side up) but all in all the coaster isn't really bad, trust me you'll be laughing more than screaming or screaming and laughing at the same time lol.

Thanks ;)

I may be going back for the first SWW on the 22nd, and if I do, I'll make my way over to the RnRC.

#16 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:28 PM

I don't know, Goofy's Barnstormer scares me
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users