Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Captain EO?

#1 User is offline   lilchippewa 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 July 2010 - 07:23 PM

Any thoughts and/or reports on the latest addition to Epcot?
-Josh

#2 User is offline   BugeyedMuggy 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:28 AM

I'm not really a Micheal Jackson fan at all, but I've never seen it so I will have to at least give it a try.

#3 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:03 AM

Bittersweet, I guess is the best word to use for me. While I like some of MJ's music, I'm not a huge MJ fan. I enjoyed the novelty of the 3-D when Capt'n EO debuted at WDW but it wasn't one of those attractions I would go to see over and over. Not sure why, but I much prefer Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. I will definitely go to see Capt'n EO only because it's been so long since I've seen it and to refresh my memory.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:47 AM

While I was no fan of HISTA, I'm kind of indifferent to EO. Sure it's nice to have a little nostalgia back, but the film isn't the best attraction by any means and if Michael Jackson were alive today, this show wouldn't have been brought back.

#5 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:26 AM

View PostQuickGold, on Jul 6 2010, 11:47 AM, said:

While I was no fan of HISTA, I'm kind of indifferent to EO. Sure it's nice to have a little nostalgia back, but the film isn't the best attraction by any means and if Michael Jackson were alive today, this show wouldn't have been brought back.

Exactly! And if they were willing to bring something back into the Imagination pavillion, I have better suggestions...

#6 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:05 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed captain Eo, but i've been looking forward to it for ten years, and im actually surprised that Studios fans aren't enjoying it, because it seems very much so a precursor to what was going to be the movie themed pavilion that grew into DHS. I think it is a very well done film, but I would have handed it back to Lucas before and let him do an update like they have done several times with Star Wars. From my observation of audience reactions, however, it varied from person to person. Some people loved it, other were walking out say "what the heck was that?" I think it all depends on if you know that it is a 25 year old attraction suddenly brought back to life, and i'm sure theres a good number of people offended by Disney capitalizing on Michael Jackson's death (while @ the same time i think somewhere in the evil corporate mainframe of Disney, someone genuinely wanted to pay Homage to the late Jackson, cause rumor has it that his kids were there opening day to get a sneak peak.)

Either way i think most people would agree that its better then Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, no matter how dated it is.

#7 User is offline   lilchippewa 

• Studios God

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:35 PM

Interesting responses, I agree that EO would not be (pardon the pun) revived if not for Jackson's death. On the other hand, I am pleased to see that that theater gets some TLC as it was in dire need of a rehab when I was there a few months ago. Hopefully, EO stays for the full year they have promised it would while a new 3d show is developed.
-Josh

#8 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:42 PM

I personally really enjoyed Captain EO. I remember it from when I was little and was very happy to see something from way back when.
I'm sure it looks strange to people that don't really realize its from a long time ago. I went with a friend of mine who was seeing it for the first time and was like, "that was totally random and strange".
I am happy that Disney finally recognizes that nostalgia is a great experience too!

#9 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 01 August 2010 - 12:04 PM

My son and I went to Captain EO yesterday and both of us enjoyed it. In the words of my son "It's a mix of Star Tours and music video" I can see the great appeal when it first came out. I had never seen it before so I wasn't expecting much but I liked it alot.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#10 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:58 PM

I finally got a chance to check out Captain EO. It was interesting and I didn't remember anything (thought seeing it would bring back memories). I thought the theater effects were fun. Overall, nice change of pace but if it's only here for a few months, that's also okay with me.

#11 User is offline   jbwolffiv 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Photography and hockey

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:38 PM

I got a chance to see it 2 weeks ago. I had never seen it before due to the fact I did not want to see MJ in any type of "Star Wars" like movie when I had the chance in the 80's. I can say I enjoyed it, but will not go out of my way to see it again unless with friends that want to. I guess if it were here for a while and they are creating something new for the theater then that would be good, but if they bring back HISTA then that just sucks.
John

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users