Studios Central: Seatbelt or lap bar? - Studios Central

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Seatbelt or lap bar?

Poll: Do you prefer the seat belt or lap bar on Tower of Terror? (18 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Lap bar (11 votes [61.11%])

Percentage of vote: 61.11%

2. Seat Belt (7 votes [38.89%])

Percentage of vote: 38.89%

3. I'm too scared to ride (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 07 September 2002 - 12:24 AM

Voice off and settle this until it comes up again :wink:

#2 User is offline   lilchippewa 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 September 2002 - 12:54 AM

All I have done is the lap bar so that's what I voted for. :lol:
-Josh

#3 User is offline   Robfasto 

• Studios Regular

Posted 07 September 2002 - 08:23 AM

I have done both and lap bar is a more 'terrorfull' ride... :lol:

#4 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God

Posted 07 September 2002 - 08:58 PM

You know, I know I was a huge advoate on the seatbelt seat, but this last time I went, I sat in a lapbar seat next to someone bigger than me which meant the lapbar wasn't pressed against me (Hell, it was like 6 inches away!) but...MAN THAT ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course, I'm the only idiot NOT holding on to the lapbar for dear life :lol: which makes it more rockin'! I'm basically beginning to feel the lapbar seat now...
*Leslie Ivette*

#5 User is offline   ILUVDISNEYWRLD 

• Studios Regular

Posted 09 September 2002 - 11:05 AM

the lapbar is the best

#6 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:FIRST OF ALL My Husband! Music, Tower Of Terror, Tower Of Terror, Aerosmith, The Beatles, My iPod, Tower Of Terror....and Tower Of Terror

Posted 29 September 2002 - 08:58 PM

The lap bar is the best ever....they shouldn't take that away!!!!

~*~*~*~TOWER OF TERROR~*~*~*~*~

Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. We would like to remind you that the Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror features a high speed drop and you should be in good health free from heart condition back or neck problems, or any other physical conditions which could be aggravated by this adventure. We are sorry but children under thee seven years of age are not, not accompanied by an adult or guest that do not meet the 40 in. height requirement may not ride. While waiting to check in we ask that you step all the way forward and fill in all thee available space around you. Food and Drinks should be finished upon entering the hotel lobby and for the courtesy of those around you smoking is not permitted. Also for your safety we ask that you and your children do not stand or walk on the garden walls. Thank you and do enjoy your stay at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. (I know they dont say this exact announcement anymore..but....I like this one so....yea........lol!!)

Tower Of Terror : 105 TIMES!!!

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#7 User is offline   alexsmominorlando 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:WDW, Disney parks, travel, infomercials, Kingdom Hearts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 11:56 PM

I would love to do both on the Tower of Terror.

#8 User is offline   ToWeR oF tErRor 13 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney Baseball

Posted 18 November 2002 - 01:06 PM

LAP BAr rules

#9 User is offline   David 

• Studios God

Posted 19 November 2002 - 03:05 AM

Lapbar is the best by far.

#10 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:FIRST OF ALL My Husband! Music, Tower Of Terror, Tower Of Terror, Aerosmith, The Beatles, My iPod, Tower Of Terror....and Tower Of Terror

Posted 01 December 2002 - 12:14 AM

sorry matt I thought that new kid Tower OF Terror 13 wrote this poll...LOL

But I am the biggest Tower Of Terror Freak on earth

Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. We would like to remind you that the Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror features a high speed drop and you should be in good health free from heart condition back or neck problems, or any other physical conditions which could be aggravated by this adventure. We are sorry but children under thee seven years of age are not, not accompanied by an adult or guest that do not meet the 40 in. height requirement may not ride. While waiting to check in we ask that you step all the way forward and fill in all thee available space around you. Food and Drinks should be finished upon entering the hotel lobby and for the courtesy of those around you smoking is not permitted. Also for your safety we ask that you and your children do not stand or walk on the garden walls. Thank you and do enjoy your stay at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. (I know they dont say this exact announcement anymore..but....I like this one so....yea........lol!!)

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#11 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God

Posted 02 December 2002 - 11:50 AM

OMG SHE'S ALIVE!!!!!!!! :D

I missed ya, girl! Welcome back!
*Leslie Ivette*

#12 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 28 December 2002 - 02:39 AM

LOL...HI Leslie...I'm back again..Tomorrow I am going to Florida..then on January 2, I am going to Disney World. I know that you said that you were going to be at New York but if your not...you can meet me at the Entrance of the TOT I will be wearing Black and Orange..my shirt will be the "F" Train shirt..and my hair is realllyyyy short. If you go, go at...3:00...3:30...4:00..If you can make it. On January 3...

Love Ya!
Jackie S.

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#13 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God

Posted 28 December 2002 - 04:12 PM

*L* Wanna hear something funny?

I'M AT DISNEY WORLD RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!! :D

I'm at the Contemp. in my room on my daddy's laptop. I stole it. I'm so bad, yes I know :twisted:

I'm here for my birthday which is TODAY. I'm FINALLY 18.

I can't make any promises, but I'll keep ya posted!
*Leslie Ivette*

#14 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 30 December 2002 - 12:28 PM

Awww...Iamat Oscala,Florida...I am going soon...well I hope you can make it...

8) I love it here....

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#15 User is offline   Belle13 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney

Posted 11 January 2003 - 11:41 PM

I have done both, and really enjoy the seatbelt better. That way I can control how loose or tight I want it. One of the last times I rode, I was next to these 2 very skinny guys, who were obviously nervous. They cranked that lap bar down so far, I had bruises on my thighs... Oh yeah, give me the seatbelt, everytime!

#16 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 18 January 2003 - 12:06 AM

Hey I just came from Disney World and Rode the TOT 19 more times. It is not that many times as other people. But all together I rode it 46 times. I rode the new elevators. I like the lap bars in the back. It was so cool. I like spend the whole time in MGM Studios than in the other parks. Like one hour in th other parks and the rest of the days in MGM Studios at the Tower Of Terror. I am going again in June. I can't wait!!!!

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#17 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 30 May 2003 - 10:50 PM

For all the lap bar fans, ride it while you can. Only 3 cars are left with the bars, all the others have been fully converted to the seatbelt seats. Soon there won't be any lapbars left at all.

#18 User is offline   David 

• Studios God

Posted 03 June 2003 - 12:08 PM

DisneyPrincess said:

For all the lap bar fans, ride it while you can. Only 3 cars are left with the bars, all the others have been fully converted to the seatbelt seats. Soon there won't be any lapbars left at all.

Do you know when all the cars will have seat belts?

I'll be there July 4th.

#19 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 03 June 2003 - 05:53 PM

David said:

DisneyPrincess said:

Do you know when all the cars will have seat belts?

I'll be there July 4th.

I can check next time I'm at work or talk to any of my Bell Hop buddies. As far as I know it's not really a set date, kinda just when they can get to it between other things. I'll let you know though.

#20 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 03 June 2003 - 09:54 PM

They will be done by August so you'll be fine if you're looking to ride with the bar a last few times :o

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users