Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Free valet parking with DDE

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:18 PM

I'm annoyed that I've overlooked a very important perk of the Disney Dining Experience card....free valet parking! To think, I've been parking myself all these times! :notamused:

#2 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 06 September 2007 - 03:35 PM

QuickGold said:

I'm annoyed that I've overlooked a very important perk of the Disney Dining Experience card....free valet parking! To think, I've been parking myself all these times! :notamused:

Geez Matt! What have you been missing?
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#3 User is offline   nbodyhome 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney, Travel

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:29 PM

But there is still the tip for the valet - I'm still too cheap (unless it was pouring rain out!) :)

Denise

#4 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:49 PM

I used the DDE for valet parking at the Polynesian during Tikifest. We stayed there for 4 nights...So the DDE card saved me $40. Although I will say I don't think the DDE rules say you should get free valet parking for resort stays. You only get free valet parking when dining at a resort or theme park. I was fortunate that the valet at the Polynesian granted my DDE for the entire stay. I asked and showed my card to the valet and she said yes valet parking is complimentary.

I found this on allearsnet.com

Disney Dining Experience Benefits:

Complimentary parking:

Theme Park for a short period for the sole purpose of dining. You'll have to pay parking at the toll booth, then after dining, present receipt and parking ticket at Guest Relations for a refund.

Walt Disney World Resorts - when dining at a Walt Disney World resort, valet parking is complimentary. After dining, present a dining receipt at the valet stand.

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:32 PM

Interesting note Aaron, thanks for posting it. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to try flashing it anyway if you're not dining but certainly something to keep in mind.

#6 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:03 PM

nbodyhome said:

But there is still the tip for the valet - I'm still too cheap (unless it was pouring rain out!) :)

Denise

Me too--plus it makes people in my party anxious that someone else is getting in the car with my ipod, GPS, etc., so I end up having to lug all the stuff around with me. Too much trouble.

I also don't know how good a bargain the DDE will be next year, when the 18% gratuity is added in to all meals. Maybe I'm a crappy tipper, but I typically wouldn't tip a full 18% at buffets unless the service was extraordinary. Additionally, has anyone else heard rumors that they would extend their holiday black-out days to correspond with the new resort holiday pricing periods?

Actually, the perk I never got was the "special events." Did anyone ever get notified about any special events?

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:11 PM

I don't think I've ever personally been notified about the special events, although I know I've read about them online.

I agree with Jeanine about how much value it will have in 2008, but we shall see. I do agree I don't tip 18-20% on buffets. Probably closer to 15% with the exception of if the waiter(ress) does a good job in a morning buffet of keeping up with my constant tomato juice requests.

#8 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:21 PM

I have been notified of special events but I think you have to sign up to receive the emails...I can't remember the site though.

Speaking of free valet...another perk of DVC :) We get free valet at any DVC resort. We use it for the BW especially since the lot is kind of a hike with all the crap we have to bring with us.

#9 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:27 PM

Figaro said:

Speaking of free valet...another perk of DVC :) We get free valet at any DVC resort. We use it for the BW especially since the lot is kind of a hike with all the crap we have to bring with us.
Is it free valet at DVC resort you are staying at? Or can you stay at BWV then go to SSR and use valet there?

#10 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 08 September 2007 - 10:17 AM

You can use it at ANY DVC resort :) I think only BC, BW and WL have valet parking though, probably AKL too. And we can't use it at any non DVC resorts, like the Poly for example. (But then we have the DDE for that ;) )

#11 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:47 PM

:shock: I had no idea about the free valet parking. I've missed out on this three times already! DOH!!!!

Between this and the Year of a Million Dreams, I'm not faring so well! :roll:
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#12 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:05 AM

I'll be using the free valet at Mousefest quite a bit as I've got a few ADR's and such at the resorts.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users