• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fantasmic

#1 User is offline   hms1016 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:55 AM

Hi! I will be at WDW from 5/9-5/13. At this time Fantasmic is only scheduled for 5/10 at 9:00. This is a short trip I don't want to waste a lot of time hopping and I am not planning on being at DHS on this day. On the other hand, I have never missed seeing the show on each trip. I will also be travelling with someone who has never seen it and I consider this show a must see. I have heard that they have been adding a second show based on crowds. How will I know if a second show is added that night? Will I be able to ask at guest services at another park? How early do they announce a second show or is this a last minute add? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   Eric 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:38 PM

I would guess a second show would have to be announced at least 1-2 weeks, possibly a month, in advance due to scheduling issues. DHS would have to have enough CMs scheduled late to cover the 2nd show.

I wonder if perhaps the better odds would be in an additional show being added another day of your trip instead of a second showing.

Again, I'm just speculating. Perhaps someone else can provide more concrete info.
Eric
www.MouseGuest.com

"Universal is like Wal-Mart with roller coasters."
- Buzz Ardman to Paige Turner, 11/1/08

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:09 PM

You would think that Eric, but they've been adding shows the day of as well as a few days prior.

If I were you, I'd plan on what the schedule says now and check the park hours when you get down there and every day thereafter. If they do add a 2nd show, it'll be posted around the park, like when you first walk in and any CM at Guest Relations ought to be able to let you know of the change.

#4 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:59 AM

All Fantasmic show days in May will have 2 shows per day. This may not be on the web schedules yet as it was just announced, but there will be 2.

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:37 AM

IHeartTheStudios said:

All Fantasmic show days in May will have 2 shows per day. This may not be on the web schedules yet as it was just announced, but there will be 2.
Thanks for letting us know about this! :D Assuming this is true, it's great to see Fantasmic being shown on every night of the month!

#6 User is offline   Eric 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:51 AM

^ Maybe I'm misreading (entirely possible) but I don't think it is being shown every night in May, just twice on the nights when it is shown.

I still think it would be better to show it four different nights than two performances twice a week. (Of course, every night would be best.)
Eric
www.MouseGuest.com

#7 User is offline   alyx92 

• Studios Regular

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:59 AM

^ Agreed! I think Fantasmic! (F!) is one of the greatest shows in WDW and it really sucks what they're doing. Just check the park hours and the website to make sure

#8 User is offline   SorcererG 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Walt Disney World, PVR, Baseball

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:39 PM

Agreed that it sucks. I'm trying to plan my September trip and not knowing when Fantasmic is running is really wreaking havoc with my plans. I want to do MNSSHP and it's on multiple days when I'm there but I also want to see Fantasmic. So effectively I don't know which day to buy tickets for.

#9 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:46 PM

Eric said:

^ Maybe I'm misreading (entirely possible) but I don't think it is being shown every night in May, just twice on the nights when it is shown.

Thats how I read that too
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#10 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:30 PM

Ah, my mistake. Guess I was reading what I wanted to read :roll:

#11 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:48 PM

QuickGold said:

Ah, my mistake. Guess I was reading what I wanted to read :roll:

I hear that
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#12 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:17 PM

Eric said:

I still think it would be better to show it four different nights than two performances twice a week. (Of course, every night would be best.)

Yes, this is correct. Not every night but twice on the nights it is shown. Sorry for the confusion!

#13 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:20 AM

That kinda seems to make sense.
I don't agree with Disney for cutting back on the show, but I think with an eye on budget this would be the best choice.
Most actors would already be in the park, in costume, etc, and could easily perform a seconding showing.

Second, more people will be in the park on fantasmic days, so Disney is really choosing days they know will have more crowds. Instead of spreading crowds throughout the week, they concentrate on a few days.

Kinda makes sense i guess

#14 User is offline   alyx92 

• Studios Regular

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:01 AM

So maybe people will plan their trips accordingly, like go to DHS on non-fantasmic days, and then on F! days, arrive at the park at around 7 or 8 to see the show. Thats what I did on my last trip and it worked out great!

#15 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:49 AM

alyx92 said:

So maybe people will plan their trips accordingly, like go to DHS on non-fantasmic days, and then on F! days, arrive at the park at around 7 or 8 to see the show. Thats what I did on my last trip and it worked out great!
That isn't a bad strategy, but I know there are people that prefer to "do it all" in one day at a particular park as park hopping around like that requires more travel time.

#16 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:52 AM

Not to mention that park hopping costs more money.
I don't think a lot of people will add the hopper option just to see Fantasmic in the evening.

#17 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:45 PM

Especially when you factor in the time and possible ADR constraints of park hopping. If your DHS TS is on a non-Fantasmic night and you can't change it, people may end up just not seeing the show and looking elsewhere for future vacation plans if they believe that WDW makes it more difficult to experience the live entertainment they want to see.

#18 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:00 PM

squishybear said:

That kinda seems to make sense.
I don't agree with Disney for cutting back on the show, but I think with an eye on budget this would be the best choice.
Most actors would already be in the park, in costume, etc, and could easily perform a seconding showing.

Second, more people will be in the park on fantasmic days, so Disney is really choosing days they know will have more crowds. Instead of spreading crowds throughout the week, they concentrate on a few days.

Kinda makes sense i guess

It's really not that different from Spectromagic only being on certain nights and that's been going on like that (successfully I might add) for several years.

#19 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:46 AM

IHeartTheStudios said:

It's really not that different from Spectromagic only being on certain nights and that's been going on like that (successfully I might add) for several years.

I agree with this comment. While I do think that Fantasmic! should be shown each night, I personally think the 'hardships of scheduling' is being blown way out of proportion.

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#20 User is offline   Eric 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:29 PM

But there is Wishes every night at the MK, so that makes the absence of SpectroMagic a bit easier to accept, IMO.
Eric
www.MouseGuest.com

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users