• You cannot reply to this topic

Epcot Food & Wine Festival

#21 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:35 PM

View PostHDLady, on Sep 28 2010, 11:50 AM, said:

Also, if you've never been before, don't be surprised at the small serving sizes at the food kiosks. While it is a bit pricey to "eat around the world" the smaller servings also give you the opportunity to try several items. If yu want to keep the cost down and try more items, consider sharing each item. It's only a couple of bites each but enough to decide if you like the item or not. The concerts are also a lot of fun!

I think the small portions will work for me. I really just want enough for a taste. I looked into the Concerts but I'm not really interested in who will be there during my visit.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#22 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:46 AM

View Postqueenofthehouse, on Sep 28 2010, 11:35 PM, said:

I think the small portions will work for me. I really just want enough for a taste. I looked into the Concerts but I'm not really interested in who will be there during my visit.

I like small portion sizes too, I just think often the prices are too high for what you get.

#23 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:08 PM

View PostQuickGold, on Sep 29 2010, 10:46 AM, said:

I like small portion sizes too, I just think often the prices are too high for what you get.

Isn't that what's meant by Disney "magic?" :unsure:

#24 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:44 AM

View PostMaxiBarns, on Sep 29 2010, 07:08 PM, said:

Isn't that what's meant by Disney "magic?" :unsure:

:) Oh right, I forgot! :)

#25 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:38 PM

Just back from the Festival:
Super crowded, we started our day getting our card (put $65 in it) at 11am, lines in all the booths anywhere from 5 min (at 11am) to 15 min (around 6pm), here's what we got:
Canada Cheddar Cheese Soup, Charcuterie Nueske Plate, Desserts and Champagne Dessert Trio, Brazil Shrimp Stew, Pto Rico Medianoche Sandwich, South Africa Beef Tenderloin and Bread plate, Italy Ravioli and Cannoli, Hops Barley Crab Cake, France Short ribs and Creme Brulee, Ireland Cheese Selections and Lava Cake.
Everything was great except: Shrimp Stew (not very flavorful), Ireland's Cheese Plate, even though there were 3 cheeses, they all tasted very similar to me.
I think there's something for everyone, even my super picky daughter enjoyed the ravioli and all the desserts very much.
Watched first set of Taylor Hicks and even if I didn't know any of his songs, enjoyed his performance, they should put a full roof on that theater, it was still pretty hot at 5:15pm.
In another note, the masks are gone and have been replaced by Duffy, each country has a stamp for it, also the kids menu in the restaurants feature Duffy and Phineas and Ferb.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#26 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:11 PM

You really have to go to F&W on weekdays (Mon-Thu) or go at 11am when WS opens up and hit the booths before the crowds really pour in.

While I've found the food plates to be of varying degrees of quality, taste and value, the alcohol drinks are woefully overpriced for what you get.

#27 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:41 AM

I usually go on Saturday because the kids have school, we did get to our first booth (Canada) at 11am, also I'm always amazed to see all the drunken groups of people in various states of silly behavior...I did have a regular Octoberfest from Germany ($8) and a small cup (the one that's $2.50) of cherry beer, I wanted to try the champagne but it was way expensive...I'm paying for my ingest of 1 and 1/2 cups of beer today...have a horrible headache, that's why I never drink any alcohol... :D
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users