• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars Weekends Planning Questions and answers for the early planner

#41 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:51 PM

[b]Welcome to Studios Central ROBODOM[b/]!

That item did not return this year. I bought it last year and let me tell you, it's not very good. The quality of the web cam is rather bad. I'm sure you can find one on eBay.

#42 User is offline   ROBODOM 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:50 PM

Thank you for the welcome and the response. I actually looked and found the item on Amazon for almost3 x's as much as I noted last year. It was listed as a collector's item. You've saved me one trip but I'll still be going to DS for the "Last Tour to Endor" in August. That looks like it will be different and enjoyable. Again, thank you for your time and input. Dom

#43 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:01 PM

Hey yulilin, I tried to keep an eye out for you this friday but didn't see you!! I didn't want you to think that I forgot about you.

#44 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:10 PM

Welcome ROBODOM!!! I don't know why people are buying tickets for the Last Tour of Endor!! To me this is Disney trying to make a quick buck while a convention is in town. Plus at $80 bucks a pop after taxes thats an outragous price. Even though you can get in after 4pm but most of those people will be at the convention until 7pm. Plus what different activities can they actually do for this event? Especially if you attended one of the Star Wars Weekends this year. And the events that they are advertising really don't appeal to me. I just wonder what you guys think?

#45 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:43 PM

View PostPipper011, on Jun 7 2010, 08:10 PM, said:

Welcome ROBODOM!!! I don't know why people are buying tickets for the Last Tour of Endor!! To me this is Disney trying to make a quick buck while a convention is in town. Plus at $80 bucks a pop after taxes thats an outragous price. Even though you can get in after 4pm but most of those people will be at the convention until 7pm. Plus what different activities can they actually do for this event? Especially if you attended one of the Star Wars Weekends this year. And the events that they are advertising really don't appeal to me. I just wonder what you guys think?

I was there Saturday and actually got to meet Billy Dee, so mission accomplished...to comment on the Last Tour to Endor, I haven't bought tickets yet for two reasons: first I would love for Disney to tell us some of the other events that they have planned for it, fireworks and a dance party are nice but not worth $75 p/p. second the weather is a big factor in August and not the hot temps but the rain and storms, I would think that they are planning taking the fl weather into consideration.
Why do I want to go? because I'm not going to CV, but I enjoy the star wars atmosphere and alot of people from this site that I meet once a year are coming. We have fun together for the couple of hours we see each other so the chance for us to get together for a longer time is appealling to me. Also Disney has not failed in providing a fun and unique experience in my opinion, so I will trust that they are putting some "magic" into the event
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#46 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:40 AM

View PostPipper011, on Jun 7 2010, 08:10 PM, said:

There's more to it than just riding Star Tours. There's a few other events that have been mentioned but I've spoken to some folks in the know and they are saying that the event will feature some interesting surprises. I can't wait to go!

#47 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:50 AM

I'm ready for the last tour! Can't wait for this event and at least if it is going to be hot, they are holding it in the evening/night!!!
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#48 User is offline   rob_wilson 

• Resident Game Show Expert
  • Interests:Disney, Trivia

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:03 PM

This just in: We may be making an unplanned stop at WDW this weekend! I know this is short notice, but the plans are still in the works as I type this. If we do come down, we should be there sometime on Sunday and stay through Wednesday or Thursday night. I'm sure that Sunday would be spent as much as possible at DHS for the last day of SWW, but beyond that everything is still up in the air. Would love to get together with anyone who is available.

At any rate, I just wanted to go ahead and post that much since up until Monday afternoon I still thought we were leaving Saturday morning for Missouri. I'll post updates as I have them.

#49 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:33 PM

I got to say, you guys have more faith than I do. Especially when it comes to the last tour of endor party!! What if the top secret ride in soundstage 1 is really a pre-view of star tours 2.0 which people would test out in the party or George Lucas himself would show up to the event!! But for $80 for 5 hours in my book is still not worth it especially when your an annual passholder. Of course this is my opinion.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users