• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Saratoga Springs???

#21 User is offline   CoasterManiac45 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 September 2007 - 08:47 PM

QuickGold said:

The main knock I've heard on SSR is the bus service is well, terrible. If you're going to stay there, be sure and rent a car.

That is pretty much the best advice for anyone staying there as it seems whatever park you are going to that day a bus from that park doesn't show up for a while although 2 or 3 buses from another park appear. That's what it seemed like for me anyway. Also, if you plan on going to Downtown Disney, I recommend walking there as taking a bus may take longer depending on traffic and the bus schedule itself.

#22 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:27 AM

For those staying at SSR in the near future I think you will really love it! If you can get past the location and proximity of the parks you will love it even more. I consider SSR more of a retreat from the parks; especially after a long day inside the parks.

These are the areas of SSR I would suggest requesting in order:
1. The Springs - Closest to the Carousel House (main buidling) and feature pool.
2. The Grandstands - Close to the Carousel House and by the Grandstand Pool (very nice)
3. Congress Park - Provides great views of DTD. Closest to walkway to DTD. Has a nice quiet pool and playground nearby.

Make sure to take time out to walk around the resort. This resort has a lot of hidden areas that are extremely beautiful.

I really do enjoy the pool areas at this resort. The only negative to me is I wish there were a few more shaded areas. The feature pool (High Rock Springs) and the Grandstand pool are extremely well themed.

On-site dining options are somewhat limited compared to the number of rooms. You have a table service, counter service and 2 pool bars. Of course, with DTD right across the lake that opens up a lot of possibilities for dining if you decide you want to make the trek.

SSR has some of the same feel as OKW. It is more of a community resort than a single building type resort. Also, if you have the means (time & money) do try the spa. It is the best spa on Disney property (even better than the Mandara Spa at the Swalphin).

I hope all that are staying at SSR soon have great and wonderful stays.

#23 User is offline   Jambo Everyone 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:11 AM

Here is my review. I've written alot on SSR. I have stayed here many, many times

http://www.mouseextra.com/2007/08/14/revie...resort-and-spa/
Posted Image

Jambo Everyone!
Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#24 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:34 PM

Thanks for the tips Aaron. I requested a room with a view of DTD (Marissa wants that) so we'll see how that goes. I'm looking forward to my stay there for Mousefest, although given that it is Mousefest, not sure how much time I'll actually have to spend in the resort :lol:

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users