• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I Love the 90's, The Disney Decade. 1992

#1 User is offline   Doctor Seeker 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Many

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:34 PM

I have been watching far too much VH1 lately and I thought it would be cool if we could do some free flow just remembering and goofing on the years that make up what Michael Eisner called "The Disney Decade."

This one is for Jillian.
Fantasmic!
Yes, the perennial favorite made its debut at Disneyland on Tom Sawyer's Island. The epic battle between good and evil played out before thousands of people all wanting a seat. We can thank Walt Disney World for finally providing those metal benches. It got so bad at Disneyland that people would stake out their places hours beforehand. That's the way I want to spend my day at the park, sitting on a bench for six hours waiting for a 22-minute show. Crazy Californians!

#2 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:37 PM

ya Fantasmic! :)

-"Voyage of The Little Mermaid" opens
-Disney's Bonnet Creek Golf Club, which includes the Osprey Ridge and Eagle Pines golf courses, opens
-Disney's Dixie Landings Resort opens
-Aladdin's Royal Caravan parade premieres (lasts almost 3 years)

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 20 July 2004 - 11:34 PM

Fantasmic's introduction is what led to Jillian....great move :)

#4 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 20 July 2004 - 11:55 PM

:) woohoo for fantasmic!

#5 User is offline   Jacknife 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 21 July 2004 - 03:41 AM

Disneyland Paris (EuroDisney) opens.
Aladdin is released.

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:42 AM

I remember when Alladin was released. I saw the previews and really didn't want to see it and the annoying song was all over the radio. Alas, I was young and nieve :)

#7 User is offline   mandabella 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Disney, musicals, and jewelry

Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:07 PM

QuickGold said:

I remember when Alladin was released. I saw the previews and really didn't want to see it and the annoying song was all over the radio. Alas, I was young and nieve :)

Annoying song....oh pray tell it most certainly couldn't be .... *cue the music*

I can show you the world....shining shimmering splendid. Tell me princess now when did you last let your heart decide. I can open your eyes take you wonder by wonder over sideways and under on a magic carpet ride. A WHOLE NEW WOOOOOOORLD! A new fantastic point of view. No one to tell us no or where to go or say we're only dreaming *music ends*

That song? :twisted:

The only annoying thing about Aladdin was the Abu. Sorry, I just didn't like the monkey. BTW if you visit DCA, GO SEE THE ALADDIN SHOW! It was *excellent* and I was very impressed. It made me miss my NYC trips to the Great White Way I took several times a year.

grumble grumble....dang bway tickets prices...$100?!?1 grumble grumble

#8 User is offline   mandabella 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Disney, musicals, and jewelry

Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:16 PM

Doctor Seeker said:

This one is for Jillian.
Fantasmic!
Yes, the perennial favorite made its debut at Disneyland on Tom Sawyer's Island. The epic battle between good and evil played out before thousands of people all wanting a seat. We can thank Walt Disney World for finally providing those metal benches. It got so bad at Disneyland that people would stake out their places hours beforehand. That's the way I want to spend my day at the park, sitting on a bench for six hours waiting for a 22-minute show. Crazy Californians!

On our cruise last fall some manager type person MGM Studios booked the cruise at the last moment and was assigned to our table for dinner. I think his girlfriend/fiance/wife also worked for Disney in some capacity. I asked him if it would be possible for the villains just to win...once? It was like he already knew what I was going to say because I didn't finish the question before said "No, Mickey always wins!"
:)

Oh well, someone's gotta love those villains. Without well crafted villains, there'd be no reason to cheer on the heroes and the princesses...

#9 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 21 July 2004 - 07:22 PM

mandabella said:

Annoying song....oh pray tell it most certainly couldn't be .... *cue the music*

I can show you the world....shining shimmering splendid. Tell me princess now when did you last let your heart decide. I can open your eyes take you wonder by wonder over sideways and under on a magic carpet ride. A WHOLE NEW WOOOOOOORLD! A new fantastic point of view. No one to tell us no or where to go or say we're only dreaming *music ends*

That song? :twisted:

mandabella said:

grumble grumble....dang bway tickets prices...$100?!?1 grumble grumble

Welcome to New York :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users