• You cannot reply to this topic

Water Park Fantasmic Touring Advice

#1 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:59 PM

Looking for input...

Our 1st day in Disney the kids want to go to a water park. My family has never been to either water park, & we will be able to visit both while we are there. It will be a Sunday & we have a rental car. We will not be able to get there until around 1pm. Which water park would you choose? At the water parks do you need shoes to walk from slide to slide? Do you recommend wearing rashguards/board shorts for the slides? Any other advice you would give?

Fantasmic: Now that it's showing every night, is there a recommended night/time?

We've been to Disney many times, but we have not been during "peak" season. My families touring habits are not going to match with the crowd levels. I see a lot of late nights, sleeping in, swimming/water park & back to the parks in the evenings. Can this work?

#2 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:33 AM

View PostMaxiBarns, on 27 July 2011 - 10:59 PM, said:

Looking for input...

Our 1st day in Disney the kids want to go to a water park. My family has never been to either water park, & we will be able to visit both while we are there. It will be a Sunday & we have a rental car. We will not be able to get there until around 1pm. Which water park would you choose? At the water parks do you need shoes to walk from slide to slide? Do you recommend wearing rashguards/board shorts for the slides? Any other advice you would give?

Fantasmic: Now that it's showing every night, is there a recommended night/time?

We've been to Disney many times, but we have not been during "peak" season. My families touring habits are not going to match with the crowd levels. I see a lot of late nights, sleeping in, swimming/water park & back to the parks in the evenings. Can this work?

I always go to the waterparks at opening because it's easier to find a good location (shade). But I can tell you that around 1pm is the peak time for all the slides. TL is our favorite because it's bigger and shadier and the wave pool rocks. Also the shark reef and the waterslide/coaster (forgot the name) BB does have more slides than TL. So it's a matter of preference. About the shoes, I don't use them and really don't find a need for them, but there are people that can't walk barefoot from place to place. So again a matter of choice, the ground is not really hot.
If you had a chance to go another day for the water parks, I would go earlier. The waterparks always leaves us tired, so going from there to Fantasmic seems a bit much for us.
Again personal preference.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:53 AM

I prefer Typhoon Lagoon these days.

I'll echo what Yulady said...going at 1pm is gonna be rough. Unless weather is bad (cold or rainy), you're going to run into the worst time to go to the water parks. I like to get there for park opening and take advantage of the lower crowds.

#4 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:56 PM

Yulady & Matt Thanks...I'm not going to bother with water shoes...we'll bring flip flops. It sounds like TL would be a better choice if we go peak time, just due to activities available. The next two mornings will be at the water parks early so we can hit the slides before the crowds. I'll just have to check touringplans.com to see what night they recommend Fantasmic. I am guessing the later show is a better bet.

#5 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:30 AM

One warning about the later Famntasmic show.... unless you're doing a dinner package (I don't recommend it), get in line at least 45 mins to an hour before the show starts to get good seats. It gets pretty hectic between shows, getting the guests from the early show out and everyone for the late show seated. I've seen them still seating in the outmost sections when Fantasmic started. It is less crowded than the early show but still often full.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users