• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

California trip report

#1 User is offline   rob_wilson 

• Resident Game Show Expert
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Trivia

Posted 15 December 2004 - 09:50 PM

I'll apologize right up front for this as it will be much more abbreviated than I would like. However, in the interest of getting this done before I'm 80, let's get started:

Dates: Nov. 7 - Nov. 13
Destination: Los Angeles and vicinity
Players: My wife and I

Day 1

We left on an early flight on Sunday, Nov. 7th bound for LAX. Due to the 3 hour time difference, we arrived at around 10:30 am which gave us pretty much the entire day to enjoy at Disneyland. After renting a car, we drove in the rain to Anaheim, stopping only long enough to have an "early" lunch. We checked in at the Candy Cane Inn and bought our tickets to Disneyland!

Though we were well within walking distance of the parks, we opted to ride the courtesy shuttle. As we were walking from the parking lot to the park, my wife called home to let everyone know we had arrived safely. She was still talking as we went through the gates and entered the original Disney park. It was the first time either of us had been to Disneyland. As we passed under the train station and saw Main Street USA all decorated for Christmas, I could feel the emotions welling up in me. The casual park-goer would never understand, but I was nearly in tears realizing that I was now walking the same streets that Walt Disney had walked so many times before.

Though I would have been content just to wander the walkways of the park all day, there were rides to be ridden. We had plans to be at the parks both Sunday and Monday, but not knowing what the crowds would be like we opted to start with the rides that were unique to Disneyland. As such, we rode the Storybook Canal Ride, the Casey Jr. trains, and Alice's Adventures in Wonderland first. We then rode the monorail to get a better view of the park as a whole. Later in the day as the sun went down, it got rather cool quickly. Debbie was freezing, so I loaned her my jacket and toughed it out as long as I could, but eventually I bought a Disneyland Christmas sweatshirt.

By the time we left that evening, we had ridden Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Haunted Mansion Holiday. I hadn't given much thought to the park being done up for Christmas when we scheduled the trip, but I wsa certainly happy that it was. Seeing the Haunted Mansion and Small World all decorated for the holidays was a highlight of the trip. Since we had left our home early in Eastern time , we were ready to call it a night by 8 pm or so. We left the park and returned to our room at the Candy Cane Inn and fell asleep quickly.

To be continued:

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 16 December 2004 - 12:42 PM

Good start Rob. One of these days I'm gonna go to DL.

#3 User is offline   rob_wilson 

Posted 16 December 2004 - 07:54 PM

Day 2

We awoke the next morning on Eastern time. As a result, we had what seemed like an eternity to wait before Disneyland opened for the day. In fact, we were showered and ready for the day well before the hotel's continental breakfast was even served. So, we waited in the room awhile, made a few phone calls, and then went to breakfast. The Candy Cane Inn has a decent breakfast spread which included cereals, bagels, fruit, milk, juice, coffee, and hot chocolate. Some of the items were indoors and some were on a cart just outside near the pool. It was rather nippy outside, so you didn't want to spend anymore time outdoors than you had to at that hour.

After breakfast, we bundled up as best as the clothes we had allowed, and walked to Disneyland. The parks were still closed, but that gave us the opportunity to look around the marketplace area and even the inside of the Disneyland Hotel. I really enjoyed looking in the Disneyland Hotel, especially at all of the old photos of Walt, the park, and the various celebrities that visited Disneyland over the years. They also had a large shadow box type display with tons of old Disney memorabilia: puzzles, records, clocks, etc. It was fun looking at all of the stuff and pointing out items that I either owned now or used to own when I was younger.

It was starting to warm up a bit, so we ended up walking a bit more and then sitting outside of the World of Disney store awaiting their opening. We then did a bit of shopping and then Debbie returned to the room briefly to drop some stuff off and pick up something she had forgotten. Meanwhile, I went on inside Disney's California Adventure. While waiting for Debbie to meet back up with me, I looked in a few shops and then took walked back to where the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Play It! attraction and been prior to its closing on August 20th. At least on the outside, it appeared that they had not made any attempt to take the show down in order to replace it with something else. In fact, most of the area around the show just looked like a kind of strange ghost town. I'm hoping that may mean the show will be revived at some point, but couldn't get any positive information towards that end from any of the Cast Members. By the way, I wore my 32,000 point Polo Shirt from Walt Disney World that day in honor of the former DCA show. The shirt varies from the California version in that it is gray and the DCA shirt is black. Several cast members commented on the shirt which was a great way to bring up my disappointment at their decision to close. One voice probably won't make much difference, but it doesn't hurt to let your feelings be heard sometimes.

It rained on and off all day, which made for something of a miserable day. It also discouraged us from doing much at DCA. About the only things we did despite walk around taking in the scenary was eat lunch, watch MuppetVision 3-D to see if it was different from MGM's (it wasn't), walk through the Animation building, and watch the Aladdin stage show. The Aladdin show was by far the best thing we did at DCA. Also, while waiting in line I saw a guy that looked like an age progressed version of Robin Williams. Could it have been his dad??? By the way, they must constantly adapt the Aladdin show, because several of the Genie's one-liners were taken right out of today's headlines including references to The Apprentice ("You're Fired"), Ashley Simpson's lip-synching, and the flu vaccination shortage.

Around midday we went back to Disneyland and hit pretty much everything we didn't hit the day before. We also stayed later in order to take in the holiday fireworks show. While waiting for the fireworks to begin, we sat on a bench along Main Street USA that would be roughly in front of Casey's Corner at the Magic Kingdom at WDW. We sat on one end and an older couple sat on the other end briefly before the wife left to ride one last ride. The gentleman rested his eyes and possibly even dozed off briefly, but eventually his wife returned and they got situated for the fireworks. I'm not sure who spoke first, but somehow we ended up in a conversation with them. They were locals who often visited the parks. We mentioned where we were from and he said that if we lived in Southern Indiana we must be familiar with the Colgate clock which is a landmark in the area. I said that I was indeed familiar with it, possibly too much so, because I worked at the plant which housed the clock. It turns out that he retired recently from Colgate and had worked in Sales in the Pacific Region for a number of years. Talk about a small world! He even knew some of the guys that work in my department.

About that time the fireworks began. It was a terrific show and I only hope the video that I took turns out well. The show consisted of a variety of different fireworks synchronized with Christmas carols. While "Silent Night" played, they set off fireworks that were virtually noiseless. It was very impressive. After the show, we continued our conversation with the retired couple before leaving the park to get rest. It was very difficult to leave the park, but knowing that we had several more adventures to look forward to during the week helped ease the pain a bit.

To be continued

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 17 December 2004 - 01:39 PM

It's odd how you can run into coworkers around the world.

#5 User is offline   rob_wilson 

Posted 19 December 2004 - 09:29 PM

Day 3

On Tuesday morning, we left Anaheim and drove North to Los Angeles. We were scheduled to meet some friends that we had met over the internet to watch one of them tape an episode of Jeopardy!. We got turned around a bit while looking for the studio, but eventually we arrived and in plenty of time for the taping.

For those that follow Jeopardy!, you may have heard of a gentleman named Ken Jennings. At the time we were in LA, he was still going strong on television. However, those episodes had been taped well beforehand and the five shows that we eventually watched tape were Ken-free. Unfortunately, they were also Bob-free. Bob was the friend that was scheduled to tape, however he and another man were bumped to the next week but I'm getting ahead of myself a bit.

When we arrived at the studios, we went through a briefing that detailed what we would and would not be doing during the day. For starters, we would not be allowed to take cellphones into the studio. Thus, I went back up to our rental car in the parking garage in order to lock up our phones. We were also not allowed to have cameras of any type, but that I expected, so we had no cameras with us.

The taping day was long. As I mentioned earlier, they taped 5 episodes in total that day. We watched three tape, then were excused for lunch. After eating a quick bite at a nearby Quiznos, we returned in time to watch the other two shows tape. During each of the two sessions (one before lunch and one after), they drew two ticket numbers for door prizes. One of the ticket numbers in the earlier session was 8 short of mine and the other was 8 too high. The ticket numbers called in the later session weren't even close.

After the final taping, we met up with our friend and went back to his home for dinner. A few others from the area dropped in as well, so we made several new friends. They were then kind enough to give us directions on how to get to our hotel, so we excused ourselves and went to check in at the Farmer's Daughter hotel.

When we originally booked the Farmer's Daughter, it was because we were going to attend a taping of The Price is Right. We wrote off for tickets several weeks in advance for the tickets, which were supposed to be mailed to our home 2-3 weeks in advance of the taping. They never arrived. Well, that isn't quite true. They actually arrived the day after we left for LA which was only 2 days before the actual taping. See, my luck isn't always so good.

To be continued

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 20 December 2004 - 12:43 PM

rob_wilson said:

See, my luck isn't always so good.

I'll take your luck any day of the week

#7 User is offline   rob_wilson 

Posted 26 December 2004 - 08:50 PM

Day 4

Wednesday was our "free" day. The rest of the week was to be spent at the CBS Studios for the taping of "That '70s Show", so today was our one day to do the site-seeing/touristy stuff. We started the day by eating breakfast at The Farmer's Market which was essentially right across the street from our hotel. They had pastries there nearly as big as your head. Tempting as they were, we opted for a slightly more sensible breakfast of bacon, eggs, toast, and juice.

We then drove around town looking for whatever we could find. This led us down Ventura Boulevard, Rodeo Drive, and other famous streets. We briefly drove to the Pacific Ocean and took some photos. However, it was still early and a bit cool to hang out at the beach, so we headed on North to Hollywood. When we arrived in Hollywood, our first thought was to look for the Hollywood Walk of Fame. To that end, we drove along Sunset Boulevard for quite some time. While driving down this road, we past a restaurant known as The Old Spaghetti Factory which is part of a chain that also has a branch in Louisville, Kentucky back home. I remarked that perhaps we should go there for lunch since I knew my wife really enjoyed it.

Unfortunately, as we were soon to learn, the Walk of Fame was on Hollywood Boulevard, not on Sunset Boulevard. The two streets run parallel and are a block apart. So we opted to switch over to Hollywood Boulevard and then drove a considerable distance in the opposite direction before finding Mann's Chinese Theater and the Walk of Fame. We also spotted the Hollywood sign up on the hill in the distance. We parked and walked along the Walk of Fame stopping periodically to take photos of the stars of Walt Disney, Donald Duck, Regis Philbin, and others. We started to get hungry and decided to go back to our original plan of eating at The Old Spaghetti Factory. This was to be our first big mistake of the day. We decided to walk. Debbie asked me which direction we should take. I chose to walk to the East. So we walked, and walked, and walked, and walked. We finally started getting irritated with each other, primarily because we were starting to get very hungry and had no idea how much further we had to go or even if we were heading in the right direction. We then decided that we had to be going in the wrong direction and turned around, walking back beyond where we had started. We still couldn't find it and by now were ready to eat anything. This was obvious by the fact we were biting each other's heads off the entire time. By the way, we later learned that if we had walked another 2 blocks instead of turning around, we would have made it to our original destination.

In desperation, we stopped at a little Italian hole in the wall type place for pizza. It was a decent meal, but it really didn't hit the spot. Anyway, once we finished we went back towards the car. Across the street and down a bit from the parking garage was the El Capitan theater and a Disney store. The El Capitan theater is apparently Disney owned and they show first run Disney pictures there. At the time we were there, they were playing The Incredibles. They also had flyers posted outside about the upcoming Heffalump Movie. With each of these films there was a stage show that ran before the feature. The current one was billed as something of a character caravan. The one that will run with the Heffalump film is a Winnie the Pooh sing-a-long starring, who else?, Winnie the Pooh.

After a bit of shopping at the Disney Store and a Hollywood souvenir shop, we returned to our car and drove further North in order to find the CBS Studio and hotel where we would be for the next 2 days. We also drove around some of the other areas of Hollywood such as Mulholland Drive and a bit into the hills hoping to get nearer to the Hollywood sign. Later in the day, we got stuck in traffic while heading back South. Once we got through the traffic, we found the La Brea Tar Pits and stopped there for a few photos. It was interesting to see this park area with a large tar pit right smack dab in the middle of a bustling downtown area.

We drove around a bit more and finally stopped for dinner before heading back to the Farmer's Daughter. We got to bed early because we were to be at the studio for 10 hours or more the next day and didn't know what to expect.

To be continued...but first a word of warning. The next couple of chapters will likely contain plot spoilers for "That '70s Show", so if you want to watch it with no idea what will happen, you may want to avoid reading them. However, that will make it nearly impossible for you to spot me, unless of course you tape the show when you watch it, then read my reports and then watch again. For those who do intend to skip the next couple chapters, be aware that the show is scheduled to air a week from Wednesday. It should be on at 8 pm, January 5th, on FOX.

#8 User is offline   rob_wilson 

Posted 28 December 2004 - 08:11 PM

Day 5

The day had finally arrived. We left early from the Farmer's Daughter in order to be sure to arrive in plenty of time. The truth is probably more that we were still on Eastern time and couldn't sleep. Anyway, we headed North and found our destination without any trouble. We passed through the guard checkpoint and into the parking lot. After parking, we headed to the building that housed the sets for "That '70s Show".

As we rounded the building, a man barked out orders that all "background actors" were to go to the front of the building and be seated. We followed a couple of other people up the stairs past restrooms and into the main building. Inside were bleachers where we were to be seated for much of the afternoon.

Once everyone had been seated, the man who had been barking out orders outside came in and introduced himself as Jack. He then began calling out the names of all of the extras and giving them their "sides". "Sides" are essentially partial scripts. They contain only the scene(s) in which the actor/actress will be seen. This particular episode was to contain scenes set in the usual settings of the basement, the living room, the family room, and the garage. These sets were primarily to be used only by the main cast. In addition to these sets, there were also going to be scenes set at a record store, a bridal shop, a bridal expo, and a wedding reception. So if, for instance, there was to be a scene at the bridal expo, and then a scene in living room, and then another scene at the bridal expo and one of the extras was going to be in the bridal expo scenes, then he/she would only be given sides for the two bridal expo scenes and they would be labelled such that you would know there was a scene in between. They may have been called scenes B and D, or F and H, something like that. Hope this makes sense.

When Jack finished reading the list of names, he asked if anyone's name had not been called. I then raised my hand and he came over and asked for my name. When I told him, he said "Oh right, you're the contest winner. Congratulations!". I explained that it wasn't technically a contest, but actually a charity auction. At any rate, he then told me that I would be in the wedding reception scenes and hustled off to get me a copy of the complete script. No sides for me!

After he returned, he handed me the script and then explained to the group a bit about what was going to take place. He said that he would be sending the women off to the wardrobe department so that they would be assigned clothes for the shoot and then would do the same for the men. He also explained that the actual taping would take place on Friday. As it turned out, only 3 brief scenes were shot on Thursday and they were later spliced into the main show on Friday as flashbacks. As such, only 4 members of the cast were ever seen on Thursday. The cast members that were briefly present were Kurtwood Smith (Red), Debra Jo Rupp (Kitty), Ashton Kutcher (Kelso), and Laura Prepon (Donna).

Anyway, they eventually asked the men to walk outside to wait in line to go to wardrobe. The wardrobe department was under the building we had been in previously. We were sent back a few at a time and taken into one of two chain link fence areas depending on whether we were male or female. The female dressing area was in front of the male dressing area, so we walked passed it first. Strangely enough, the gate of the women's area was open at the time we passed and some of the women were in various stages of disrobing. Nothing R rated, but definitely PG and kind of a shock for a midwesterner. I suppose in California this type of stuff is pretty routine. At any rate, the bigger shock would come in the men's wardrobe area. The two attendants working in there were both youngish females. Well, probably a bit younger than me anyway. They picked out clothes as close to my size as they could and then told me to get changed. This meant pretty much changing in front of them. The girl working with me also said that she expected my pants to be too tight so just to leave them open so that she could judge how much to let them out.

Once we had finished in wardrobe, we returned to the bleacher to watch the director setting up shots that would be filmed on Friday. Since the cast wasn't present, they used stand ins that had signs around their necks indicating their name, the character's name, and the actor's name that they were replacing. They apparently use the stand ins in order to judge where the real actors should be standing for the actual taping. They call this part of the process "blocking".

Eventually lunch was served. The director and crew were of course allowed to get food first. Once they had cleared out, the extras were led back to the catered food. After lunch, we continued to sit in the bleachers watching the blocking. As they got to the scenes in which extras were included, the extras who were in those scenes had to be placed into the background. It was a long process. By the time they reached the wedding reception scenes, the ones that I was to be a part of, it was getting fairly late into the afternoon. After they went through all of the scenes, we were told went to return on Friday (noon) and excused for the day. One other thing that should be mentioned, my wife was mistaken for an extra a couple of times and told where to stand, but she quickly corrected them and explained that she was just there to watch me. She had been worried since the time I bid on the package that they would ask her to be on the show and she assured me that she wanted no part of that.

Anyway, after we left, which was about 5 pm or so, we headed back through Hollywood and I suggested we eat at The Old Spaghetti Factory. We found it with no trouble this time. It was at this time that we discovered we had been within 2 blocks of it the day before. By the time we got to the restaurant, it was fairly late and there was a wait but eventually we got a table. The only difference we really noticed in the food was the bread. We liked the bread at the restaurant back home better than what they served here.

After dinner, we headed back to our hotel to get rest for the next day. We knew that it would be a long day since the show tapes before a live audience starting at 7 pm and we had to be there by noon. Truth to tell, I wasn't so sure that I wanted to go back. Thursday had been pretty much a bust since we didn't mean any of the cast members and it had been just a bit too much like work. On top of this, after being fairly cool all week, it was supposed to be beautiful on Friday, a great day to see the sites. Well, we came here to do this, so I guess I'll go through with it. Better get some rest. Good night.

To be continued

#9 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 29 December 2004 - 11:54 AM

Sounds like a lot of fun to have been in the episode Rob. It's really a once in a lifetime opportunity.

#10 User is offline   rob_wilson 

Posted 31 December 2004 - 01:11 PM

Day 6

The big day had finally arrived. Today was the day when I would be taping "That '70s Show". I awoke to a sore back. One more reason to not want to go through with it. However, I was committed to it and I wasn't going to back out now. Hopefully the day would be more enjoyable than the previous day had been.

We had been told to arrive at the studio at noon, so we had what seemed like an eternity to spend bumming around in the morning. I had brought some things for the cast to sign, but hadn't brought any pens, so decided to stop someplace and pick up one. We also stopped and had breakfast. We ate later than normal because we weren't sure how soon we would be able to eat again.

We arrived at the studio a few minutes before noon. We had been told where to check in the day before, so we made a beeline for the table that was setup for checking in the background actors. While I'm standing there, Jack, who was seated at the table, asked Debbie if she wanted him to put her to work. She responds "Doing what?". He says "Do you want to be in the Bridal Expo scenes?". Since she had been so worried that they might ask her, you of course know what she said right? She said, "Do I have to speak?". Huh??? Jack replied, "No". She said, "Sure.". Sure??? Did my wife get replaced by one of those alien pod creatures while we slept????

After that, we were taken into a room that was too small for all of the extras. We were then told we would be staying in this room pretty much the entire day. Oh joy! However, we really didn't stay in there much. The rest of the afternoon was spent being taken to get dressed, to get our hair done, and to get our makeup done. Since Debbie had not even had clothes picked out for her on Thursday, I saw very little of her until time to tape.

Throughout the day, I saw pretty much the entire cast of the show at one time or another. However, I was hesitant to approach them. They seemed to want to avoid making eye contact with any of the background actors and since none of them knew that I wasn't their average extra I decided to play it cool. That changed while I was waiting outside a trailer to change clothes. That's because Kurtwood Smith walked past. Like the rest, he really didn't seem to want to be approached, but I took a chance since we had met him in Louisville and said hello. He said hi back and continued to walk away. I watched and noticed that he kept doing a double take. Eventually he said "Are you from Kentucky?". I said yes, despite the fact that I'm really from Indiana, because I knew that he had finally made the connection. He walked back to me then and said that nobody had told him we were going to be there. We chatted for a few minutes and then he pointed out a vehicle in the parking lot. He asked me to meet him there at 4:30 with my wife and that we'd have dinner together. I thanked him and we parted company.

I went into the trailer then and put on half of the clothes. We weren't supposed to get into the entire outfit until closer to show time. I went back to the small room and sat for awhile. The thought crossed my mind that I may not even see my wife before we were supposed to eat. Fortunately though we did cross paths briefly and I was able to tell her what was going on. She was excited to know that we would get to spend some time with him again. He is really a great guy, despite the gruff character he plays on the show.

Around 4:00, someone came to collect half of the extras for dinner and specifically asked for Debbie and I. Uh oh, did he not know about the arrangements? As we walked with the group towards the commissary, he told Debbie and I to stay while he took the rest of the group on to the commissary. About that time, Kurtwood Smith rounded the corner talking on his cellphone. We started walking with him towards the commissary and Debra Jo Rupp joined us. She looked at Kurtwood Smith on the phone and said something about it being rude. I said "But it's so Hollywood". We introduced ourselves to her and he got off the phone at about the same time. Once we reached the commissary, we went through the serving line and then sat down at one end of a long table by ourselves. The tables filled up quickly, but we were left alone by the rest of the people dining there. The food was decent, but we could have been eating slop at that point because the real enjoyment was coming from the company and the conversation. They really were fun. Turns out that both of them have ties to our part of the country, so we found numerous things to talk about. We also share a love of game shows with Debra Jo Rupp who happens to be a whiz at Pyramid. I finally remembered to get out my boxed set of the TV shows first season to get them to sign. They were more than happy to do it. Bottom line is that I think it will be a long time before either Debbie or I forgets that meal.

Things moved pretty quickly after dinner. I finished getting into costume, went to the hair department (where they put me in a wig), and went to makeup. When Debbie finally saw me again, she immediately erupted into laughter. The wig really made me look funny, not to mention the suit with pin-stripes. She got off a little easier than I did. They fixed her hair differently and her clothes are pretty funky, but otherwise she pretty much looked like she always does, gorgeous.

Show time! The hour of 7 pm was at hand. The audience had been led in and the taping had begun. All of the background actors were told to wait in the little room, so that is where we were. It turned out that one of the other extras had smuggled in a digital camera and offered to take our photo for us. We quickly agreed and went outside long enough to get a photo in front of a big sign with the show's logo on it. As we started to go back in, Jack came out of the studio. Uh oh, busted! He said "Perfect, you're just the people I'm looking for, come with me". Debbie and I were ushered inside and told to stand about 5-6 feet behind the director and cameramen. From this vantage point, we'd be able to watch the show tape. We did this, moving forward and backward as the cameras were adjusted from set to set, until our turn came to be in front of the camera. Debbie's scenes are fairly early in the show, so I quickly found myself alone. Kurtwood Smith walked over to me in between his scenes and asked if we had met everyone. When I told him we hadn't met anyone besides he and Debra Jo Rupp, he yelled "Ashton!" and over walked Ashton Kutcher. He then repeated the process with Topher Grace (Eric) and Wilmer Valderrama (Fez). Later, while I was on the wedding reception set, he led Mila Kunis (Jackie) over to me. She was incredible looking. I feel sorry for any boyfriends she has because those eyes are killers!

Once the taping was over, I quickly changed back into my regular clothes and then went to get autographs. Debbie ran to the car to get our camera as we now had permission to bring them inside. We got pictures with Kurtwood Smith, Debra Jo Rupp, Topher Grace, Wilmer Valderrama, Ashton Kutcher, and Danny Masterson (Hyde). We also had them sign the DVD set and the script. Laura Prepon (Donna) and Mila Kunis (Jackie) had unfortunately already left for the night.

By this time, it was nearing 11 pm and we had a flight at 7:20 the next morning. We sadly said our good-byes and headed to the hotel to get a few hours sleep.

The next morning came way too early. We got up and headed to LAX. We made surprisingly good time both getting to the airport and then to the gate. We were delayed a bit in getting home, but otherwise the return trip was uneventful. Now we are just waiting for the final bit of our trip, the airing of the show. Look for us this coming Wednesday at 8 pm on FOX.

By the way, I have the photo of us in costume, but it is too big to load here (1.1 MB). Anyway have any suggestions on how to shrink it down enough in size to load here? It will help tremendously in trying to spot us. Let me know. Thanks.

Okay, the floor is now open for any questions.

Rob

#11 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 31 December 2004 - 04:56 PM

rob_wilson said:

By the way, I have the photo of us in costume, but it is too big to load here (1.1 MB). Anyway have any suggestions on how to shrink it down enough in size to load here? It will help tremendously in trying to spot us. Let me know. Thanks.

To resize pics, you'll need an image editing program, such as Photoshop, although Microsoft Paint can do the job as well. Just resize it's dimensions to 800 pixels wide by 600 pixels high and that file size will be good for just about anything.

Great TR Rob! I really enjoyed reading everything.

#12 User is offline   rob_wilson 

Posted 31 December 2004 - 05:47 PM

QuickGold said:

rob_wilson said:

To resize pics, you'll need an image editing program, such as Photoshop, although Microsoft Paint can do the job as well. Just resize it's dimensions to 800 pixels wide by 600 pixels high and that file size will be good for just about anything.

Thanks for the advice, Matt. I've uploaded the picture. Not sure why my wife's eyes are shut. Maybe she couldn't stand to look at my wig anymore.

#13 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 01 January 2005 - 06:42 AM

rob_wilson said:

I've uploaded the picture. Not sure why my wife's eyes are shut. Maybe she couldn't stand to look at my wig anymore.

Nice suit! :content:

#14 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 01 January 2005 - 08:17 PM

Ohh that's great! :( I will have to tape the show if I can't watch it Wednesday :)

#15 User is offline   rob_wilson 

Posted 02 January 2005 - 01:26 PM

In a major bit of irony, the show will not be airing here on Wednesday night. Instead, we will be treated to a U of L basketball game. :roll:

The show may or may not be airing on an alternate date and time. I'm still trying to find out. At any rate, you will likely see the finished product before I do.

Rob

#16 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 02 January 2005 - 07:58 PM

how dumb! Let's call them up and yell at them :)

#17 User is offline   rob_wilson 

Posted 06 January 2005 - 12:48 PM

Just curious, did anyone watch "That '70s Show" last night? Were you able to spot Debbie or I?

Rob

#18 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 06 January 2005 - 12:51 PM

Didn't get a chance to :?

#19 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 06 January 2005 - 01:17 PM

Didn't get to see it, Ann Taylor needed me and then we had a homework freakout. :) Relized at 8:50 that we missed it.

#20 User is offline   CoasterManiac45 

• Studios God

Posted 06 January 2005 - 04:16 PM

Damn it! I wanted to watch it! Any idea when it will air again?

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users