Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

50's Prime Time

#1 User is offline   IlluminatEpcot 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:59 PM

I understand that with most "sit down" places at the World, walking up and getting a table is not 100% thing (wait or no wait) and I was debating the 50's prime time.. compared to the other food in the park, is it worth the extra cash and do you think it would be a place 5 year old would enjoy. He's not overly picky, and most likely would be splitting either what I or my wife order instead of getting his own plate of food. (He's on meds that are screwing with his appetite, so we're thinking of ways to save money and not waste food).

Thanks!
Next Trip - Epic October -- 9/27 to 10/3
Staying at Pop Century
Previous Trips: March 2010, 2011
1999: June, Aug, Oct, Dec
2000: April, Oct, Dec

Webmaster of Illuminating Epcot

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:41 AM

I would whole heartedly recommend Prime Time. I dont think the food is that "exotic" and certainly picky eaters should be fine here. In terms of comparing it to the other sit down restaurants, it's among the best in the park, in my opinion.

#3 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:29 PM

View PostQuickGold, on Feb 9 2010, 11:41 AM, said:

I would whole heartedly recommend Prime Time. I dont think the food is that "exotic" and certainly picky eaters should be fine here. In terms of comparing it to the other sit down restaurants, it's among the best in the park, in my opinion.

Agreed but i would go as far as amongst the best on Disney Property. Get the Fried Chicken :(

#4 User is offline   IlluminatEpcot 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:50 AM

View Postdarthstich, on Feb 9 2010, 01:29 PM, said:

Agreed but i would go as far as amongst the best on Disney Property. Get the Fried Chicken :(

We just made reservations yesterday for 50's @ lunchtime. Was surprised to see the very reasonable prices, and then I saw pictures of the before-mentioned fried chicken... Yum! Thanks for the tip!
Staying at Pop Century

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:46 AM

Be sure to try the s'mores!

#6 User is offline   IlluminatEpcot 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:15 AM

Matt, not sure if you saw my review that AJ posted on the DFB, but I was curious to see if you had experienced or heard of the same kind of delay we had waiting on our table? We arrived 15 min early to our ADR time, and ended up waiting for 30 minutes after our time, but outside of that, our experience was wonderful.
Staying at Pop Century

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:01 PM

View PostMHWeaver913, on Apr 10 2010, 12:15 PM, said:

Matt, not sure if you saw my review that AJ posted on the DFB, but I was curious to see if you had experienced or heard of the same kind of delay we had waiting on our table? We arrived 15 min early to our ADR time, and ended up waiting for 30 minutes after our time, but outside of that, our experience was wonderful.

I've eaten at Prime Time twice in the last 2 months (both for lunch) and never had to wait very long (we had ADRs). Both times we checked in early (at least 15 mins) and were seated after an acceptable wait. Popular restaurants (especially in park restaurants) like Prime Time, Teppan Edo or Le Cellier typically involve longer wait times to be seated than other restaurants. It's been my experience that resort restaurants typically seat you the fastest because they typically have greater capacity and lower demand (that's a generalization). So, it doesn't surprise me to hear that you had to wait, even if the 45 minute wait was rather long. You did what you were supposed to do by showing up 10-15 mins early but I guess you caught things at a bad time. I hope this rambling made some sense :)

#8 User is offline   IlluminatEpcot 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:55 AM

View PostQuickGold, on Apr 10 2010, 10:01 PM, said:

I've eaten at Prime Time twice in the last 2 months (both for lunch) and never had to wait very long (we had ADRs). Both times we checked in early (at least 15 mins) and were seated after an acceptable wait. Popular restaurants (especially in park restaurants) like Prime Time, Teppan Edo or Le Cellier typically involve longer wait times to be seated than other restaurants. It's been my experience that resort restaurants typically seat you the fastest because they typically have greater capacity and lower demand (that's a generalization). So, it doesn't surprise me to hear that you had to wait, even if the 45 minute wait was rather long. You did what you were supposed to do by showing up 10-15 mins early but I guess you caught things at a bad time. I hope this rambling made some sense :)

Matt that made perfect sense. I was just surprised that when we ate at Le Cellier we literally walked up early, gave them the name on our ADR and before we could sit and wait, we were seated. I really expected the wait in Canada, however as good as 50's is, I can totally understand it. Thanks!
Staying at Pop Century

#9 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:25 AM

View Postdarthstich, on Feb 9 2010, 02:29 PM, said:

Agreed but i would go as far as amongst the best on Disney Property. Get the Fried Chicken :rolleyes:

and I disagree. I find the food to be average and the schtick to be very annoying

but I recognize that I am in the minority here
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#10 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:49 AM

View PostMJMcBride, on Apr 15 2010, 11:25 AM, said:

and I disagree. I find the food to be average and the schtick to be very annoying

but I recognize that I am in the minority here

Prime Time isn't for everyone. One of the times i went, i was with my friend's father and he didn't realize that it was all themeing when the waitress came up, pulled a chair from another table, sat in it backwards, and said "What'd want?" and he was initially dissatisfied, but he went on to have a great time once we told him.

As for the food, did you get the Fried Chicken or something else? Have i already mentioned how good i think it is? lol

Also the Desserts are exceptional as well imo

#11 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:44 AM

MHWeaver, here is my cautionary tale about kids and the PTC. :) The first (and only) time we visited PTC was in 1993 when my sister was 9. Our waitress was very fun and teased us about not finishing food, etc. My sister ended up getting so upset about "being yelled at" that she tried to hide under the table when the waitress came back and saw she didn't finish her food. My parents tried to explain that it was like a show, but she wasn't having it. Being the great big sister that I am, I just egged her on. ;)

That could just be my sister being a weirdo, but in case your son is sensative to things like that you might want to preface it to your waiter.

#12 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:07 PM

View Postdarthstich, on Apr 15 2010, 12:49 PM, said:

Prime Time isn't for everyone. One of the times i went, i was with my friend's father and he didn't realize that it was all themeing when the waitress came up, pulled a chair from another table, sat in it backwards, and said "What'd want?" and he was initially dissatisfied, but he went on to have a great time once we told him.

As for the food, did you get the Fried Chicken or something else? Have i already mentioned how good i think it is? lol

Also the Desserts are exceptional as well imo

Meatloaf is memory serves me right
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#13 User is offline   Ohiodisneydad 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:53 AM

We had ADR's during free dining and were seated within 30 minutes of our reservations. The restaurant was kind of crowded but the staff was in full swing and they were awesome. I had the pot roast and the wife had the fried chicken. Both were great. I also had a peanut butter cup milkshake which was unbelievably good!

#14 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:51 AM

Welcome to Studios Central Ohiodisneydad!

#15 User is offline   darrylpan 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney Travel Books Cooking Computers

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:59 AM

View PostQuickGold, on May 16 2010, 12:51 PM, said:

Welcome to Studios Central Ohiodisneydad!

Everyone keeps mentioning the Fried Chicken. It is good but the Pot Roast is world class and not to be missed.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users