Studios Central: Back From The World (2/1/09 - 2/8/09): Mon, 2/2 & Tue, 2/3 - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Back From The World (2/1/09 - 2/8/09): Mon, 2/2 & Tue, 2/3

#1 User is offline   JWinNJ 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Working Out, Travel

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:09 PM

Monday, 2/2
I woke up and had breakfast at the concierge lounge before heading out to the Magic Kingdom. I drove from the Boardwalk to the MK parking lot because I didn't feel like dealing with the bus, actually I never took the bus at all on this trip.

I got to the MK around 9:30AM. It was a pretty cool day out, in the 50's and rainy. It was pretty empty and I got to do a lot before lunch, I saw the Swiss Family Treehouse, Pirates Of The Carribbean, Big Thunder Mountain, Country Bear Jamboree, Haunted Mansion and the Riverboat. I was upset that the Hall Of Presidents was down for refurbishment...that's one of my favorites.

Lunch was at Liberty Tree Tavern. I had the Tavern Fried Cheese and the Turkey platter. Food was pretty good, $32 with tip. While I was eating lunch, the Super Bowl parade with a couple of the Pittsburgh Steelers went by.

I drove back to the hotel and went to the gym for an hour of cardio (treadmill and bike).

Dinner was at Yachtsman Steakhouse, I had the Lobster Bisque, Filet Mignon and Apple Tart. It was $75 including tip (I used my Disney Gift Card that came with the package). The service was excellent, the food was good, not great.

Ended the day with a walk around the lake. At around 9PM I had dessert at the concierge lounge.

Tuesday, 2/3
After breakfast at the concierge lounge I headed over to the Palm/Magnolia courses for a golf lesson.

It was even cooler out this morning, in the 40's but it was very sunny.

At 830AM I went to the pro shop at the Palm/Magnolia to pay for my lesson. It was a pretty good value, for $75 I got the lesson which included a golf cart, clubs, and a couple of buckets of golf balls. I drove the cart over to the driving range, which was a mile or so away.

Ryan was my instructor, and he was excellent. We first started with a half swing in order to make contact with the ball. Then we worked on developing a full swing. I never realized the mechanics that went into a swing. By the end of the hour, I was starting to feel a little more comfortable with my swing and I made contact on some of my shots. The instructor was very helpful and very patient in working with me to improve my swing. All in all, this was an excellent experience and I will definitely take more lessons on future trips.

I drove back to the Boardwalk and walked over to DHS around 11AM. I got into the 12PM preview of the American Idol Experience. I found it entertaining and it was really nice to see the Superstar Television theater being used for something. My only complaint was that the seats were not big enough, a little too tight. If the theater was full, I could see this being an uncomfortable experience.

Lunch was at the Backlot Express where I learned the Chicken Nuggets are the same as the old Chicken Strips.

Then I rode Toy Story Mania, I went on the standby line, 40 minutes...not too bad and I took a lot of pictures.

Then I walked back to the hotel, where I went to the gym to lift weights.

At around 630PM, I went to Epcot thinking I had Chefs De France at 7PM...I made a mistake, my reservation was at 6PM and the restaurant was full as was most of Epcot (I think it had been an EMH morning). Walked around WS (it was very cold) then went back to the room and had a room service burger.

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for more!!!
Jason

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users