Studios Central: Tower of Terror Update: Seatbelt Conversion & other changes - Studios Central

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tower of Terror Update: Seatbelt Conversion & other changes

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 08 April 2003 - 06:27 PM

From Screamscape:

The latest work from our insiders is that nearly half of the cars have now been converted into “all Seat Belt” cars and they hope to have the rest finished by Memorial Day. We’ve also heard that a rumored 5th Program may be on hold due to the extra stress the current Tower 4 programs are putting it through. One source says we can expect to see the Tower undergo an extensive rehab sometime in 2004 before we see any more programs added to the mix.

#2 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:FIRST OF ALL My Husband! Music, Tower Of Terror, Tower Of Terror, Aerosmith, The Beatles, My iPod, Tower Of Terror....and Tower Of Terror

Posted 09 April 2003 - 12:19 AM

I rode Tower Of Terror 4 and I loved it so much. Ohh...I am sooo sorry that I haven't visited this site in a long time...Cheerleading practice has got me going crazyyyyyyy......We went to competition and we won 2 place...... :shifty:

~*~*~*~TOWER OF TERROR~*~*~*~*~

Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. We would like to remind you that the Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror features a high speed drop and you should be in good health free from heart condition back or neck problems, or any other physical conditions which could be aggravated by this adventure. We are sorry but children under thee seven years of age are not, not accompanied by an adult or guest that do not meet the 40 in. height requirement may not ride. While waiting to check in we ask that you step all the way forward and fill in all thee available space around you. Food and Drinks should be finished upon entering the hotel lobby and for the courtesy of those around you smoking is not permitted. Also for your safety we ask that you and your children do not stand or walk on the garden walls. Thank you and do enjoy your stay at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. (I know they dont say this exact announcement anymore..but....I like this one so....yea........lol!!)

Tower Of Terror : 105 TIMES!!!

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#3 User is offline   ObsessedPlutoFreekette 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Anything Country, 4wheeler ridin, partyin, goin 2 Disney :)

Posted 09 April 2003 - 09:56 AM

I was there last week and I rode it 15 times. I got to ride on every one of them and I love what they have done to it. I would have to say my fav sequence is when they do the "false ending" where they have the family and you think you're done but then you go speeding back up again haha. I'm glad to say they have seatbelts in all of them now. I like the seatbelts SO much better... they keep you in you're seat better when it drops so now i dont have to worry about keeping my sunglasses on my head *L* i can hold them now.. :shifty:

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 09 April 2003 - 12:06 PM

TowerOfTerrorFreak said:

I rode Tower Of Terror 4 and I loved it so much. Ohh...I am sooo sorry that I haven't visited this site in a long time...Cheerleading practice has got me going crazyyyyyyy......We went to competition and we won 2 place...... :shifty:

Glad to have you back :blink:

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 14 April 2003 - 08:45 AM

More news on conversion....

50% of the cars have now been converted to seatbelts only on Tower of Terror and all should be finished by Memorial Day. They have handrails on the seats that you can hold onto if you want to. The rumored 5th ride program may be on hold because of the stress the current Tower 4 programs are putting on things. One rumor is for bigtime rehab in 2004 before the next generation program would be considered.

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 19 April 2003 - 06:39 PM

Wonder what the new cars with seatbelts look like?

I found this picture on WDWMagic...
http://photoalbums.w...ToT_smaller.BMP

#7 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:FIRST OF ALL My Husband! Music, Tower Of Terror, Tower Of Terror, Aerosmith, The Beatles, My iPod, Tower Of Terror....and Tower Of Terror

Posted 22 April 2003 - 12:11 AM

that is cool that they made it with out the lap bars, but I liked it with the lap bars better b/c you could get alot of air time with the lap bars but the seat belts are cool too....

Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. We would like to remind you that the Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror features a high speed drop and you should be in good health free from heart condition back or neck problems, or any other physical conditions which could be aggravated by this adventure. We are sorry but children under thee seven years of age are not, not accompanied by an adult or guest that do not meet the 40 in. height requirement may not ride. While waiting to check in we ask that you step all the way forward and fill in all thee available space around you. Food and Drinks should be finished upon entering the hotel lobby and for the courtesy of those around you smoking is not permitted. Also for your safety we ask that you and your children do not stand or walk on the garden walls. Thank you and do enjoy your stay at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. (I know they dont say this exact announcement anymore..but....I like this one so....yea........lol!!)

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#8 User is offline   David 

• Studios God

Posted 28 April 2003 - 04:15 PM

Oh well... I liked it much more with lap bars, but, whatever is safer I suppose.

And I'm sure its much safer... because people like me used make the lap bar really loose and stand up :wink:

#9 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 28 April 2003 - 09:56 PM

Stand up??? why in the world would anyone stand up?? ummm...OKKK... But I still wish that the lap bars were still there : (

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#10 User is offline   David 

• Studios God

Posted 01 May 2003 - 02:01 PM

TowerOfTerrorFreak said:

Stand up??? why in the world would anyone stand up?? ummm...OKKK... But I still wish that the lap bars were still there : (

Because its like flying... :wink:

#11 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 01 May 2003 - 03:28 PM

Note to self, do not ride ToT with David :content:

#12 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 01 May 2003 - 08:48 PM

lol...like flying...lol :D

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#13 User is offline   David 

• Studios God

Posted 01 May 2003 - 11:12 PM

Aww, come on guys, I'm not too crazy... well, maybe I am :wink:

#14 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 02 May 2003 - 03:38 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR PICTURE.....STEVEN TYLER AND JOE PERRY!!!! I LOVE STEVEN TYPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#15 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 02 May 2003 - 03:39 PM

TYLER...LOL....SORRY

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#16 User is offline   David 

• Studios God

Posted 02 May 2003 - 03:50 PM

Yeah, Steven Tyler is one of my heroes... him and my dad :D

#17 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 03 May 2003 - 10:29 PM

AWWW....I love Steven Tyler soo much. :wink: I saw them in concert in 2001 8) ...and want to go again this year :D ...I might go...I have to get mobey for it..it is $85.00 at Jones Beach...that was one of the best places I've been besides Disney World!I love Steven!!!! :wink:

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#18 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 04 May 2003 - 12:49 PM

I thought about going to that concert Jackie.... Aerosmith & KISS are touring together, but I'm low on cash. I spent my $$$$ on Bon Jovi tickets.

#19 User is offline   David 

• Studios God

Posted 04 May 2003 - 03:10 PM

Yeah I'm going to see them this year... I hate KISS, but, whatever. :?

#20 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God

Posted 04 May 2003 - 08:05 PM

QuickGold said:

I thought about going to that concert Jackie.... Aerosmith & KISS are touring together, but I'm low on cash. I spent my $$$$ on Bon Jovi tickets.

DUDE. You say that like it's a bad thing!!! I mean, c'mon you got 8th row seats (All b/c of me. Thank you, thank you. *takes a bow*)

I woulda gone to the Bon Jovi concert when they came down in March, but the night of the concert, I was at MGM. :D

I'm looking forward to the Aerosmith/KISS show, though. Got front row seats through my dad :mrgreen: And I'm trying to get him to see if he can score some BSPs too. *crosses fingers*
*Leslie Ivette*

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users