Studios Central: "I can't believe I'm going on a cuise!" Day 1 - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"I can't believe I'm going on a cuise!" Day 1

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 30 November 2004 - 04:22 PM

Cast:
Me: Young, sexy, single webmaster of everyone's favorite website!
Emily: Younger sister
Naomi: Youngest sister

Guest Stars:
Jillian: Super awesome Studios CM who knows everything
Leslie: Holds title of "Most Times Ditching Matt"

Lodging:
Port Orleans French Quarter

My first day of Disney began....at night. We woke up at 3:30am Wednesday morning in order to make our 7am flight. We chose such an early flight because we wanted to actually take advantage of our day in Florida, rather than just spend a few hours and then sleep. So I rounded up all the stuff(luggage, tickets, sisters) and then it was off to...Dunkin Donuts! And then after we had our caffeine fix, it was off to Florida!

Being a tepid flier, I had a batch of new drugs(Planipin or something to that effect). I'm convinced that all these "anti-anxiety" pills don't work. In reality, they're all just placebos. In the end though, thats what I need. Something to put me in a false sense of security and I guess these pills do the job. At any rate, the real solution to avoiding fear of flying is to sleep through the flight. And let me tell you, if you wake up at 3:30am, drive for an hour, deal with security and the rest of your family, you will be comatose the first chance you get to lie down. It's like "Yes, your plane might crash" and my response is "But I can relax and go to sleep first, right?". So I fell asleep around New Jersey and came to as we began our decent into Orlando.

We got to Orlando at about 9:30 and were picked up by Happy Limo at the airport with no problems. In fact, we were upgraded to a Ford Excursion
free of charge(I guess the Flinstone cars were all out) so my little sister thought it was so cool that we got to ride in a car that had video screens in the back of the seats(nevermind we had just come off a plane with video screens and there was nothing showing on these screens in the car). Not to sound like a cheesy commercial, but I thought the company was above and beyond what I was expecting from car service and could do business with them again.

We got to Port Orleans French Quarter, checked in without a problem. Our rooms weren't ready so we checked our bags and at that point I was
off to the parks. My sisters wanted to sun themselves so I was content in enjoying the parks alone...or so I thought. My dear friend Jillian,
who is a CM at the Studios, managed to spread the wealth a bit and got me a free ticket. Also, an even older friend, Leslie, joined me to go
around the parks as well. We drove from POFQ to MGM, spent too much time trying to find a place to park and finally got down to the business
of experiencing WDW.

Let me be the first to say, people are crazy to go to WDW during the holidays. The crowds are so large and waits so long that it's just too
much to deal with, especially if I was someone who'd never been to WDW and wanted to experience everything without spending 47 days at the
parks. We spent the day at MGM, and experience a few different attractions. The highlight was at the end of Magic of Disney Animation where I went on to embarass myself by singing along with those new kiosks that offer you to karoake-ize(I'm pretty sure that's not a word) along with famous scenes. I like to think I can sort of sing but clearly I cannot sing in public because it was just bad. I wont say how good or bad I was, but Jillian could not stop laughing/crying for at least the next half hour.

We ate lunch at ABC Commissary and by late afternoon Jillian had to go do something work related and Leslie had to go to, but I conned convinved her to stay with me. We rode some more, had dinner at Hollywood & Vine(where Leslie ate exactly 2 crackers
and sipped some water) and then she tried to leave me again. Since I'm quite the charmer, I managed to convince her to stay again and go with
me to MK to ride Stitch and then we would leave.

We went to the bus area at the Studios and waited on the huge line for MK. We noticed, however, there was next to no line for the Contemporary
Hotel and figured we would take that bus there and then take the resort monorail to MK, thus saving some time. Wrong! The bus dropped us off
at the Contemporary(after taking forever to get there), then we got on the monorail only to realize it was going the other way around the loop
and would have to stop at Polynesian & Grand Floridian. That was it for Leslie as she ditched me at the Polynesian and I had to go to MK and
ride Stitch all alone....by myself.....with no one else there.....just me(Get the drift? :P ).

So after waiting in the longest queue ever(that thing goes around and under and into places I never knew existed), I finally got to experience
Stitch. It was cute and interesting but it suffers in the end from the same problem Alien Encounter had: It's "replay value" is quite limited.
As I exited Stitch, it began to rain so I figured I'd not take advantage of the fact MK was open for another few hours(it was to close at midnight) and go home. So I grabbed a box of popcorn for the way home, hopped on the monorail back to TTC. Well, clearly I'm dumb for thinking the buses back to the resorts would be at the Ticket and Transportation Center, so had to get back on the monorail and ride back to MK. It wasn't a total loss as I was able to sit in the front and I don't care how old I get, sitting in the front of the monorail is just plain awesome.

Finally I got back to POFQ, learned my sisters had claimed the beds and I was stuck with sleeping on the rollaway that was missing some springs
and was too short for me, but went to bed with a smile on my face. I mean, who can be upset when you're at WDW?

Things I Learned:
- Flights before 8am are the cure-all for those with fear of flying; you'll be too tired to care about your fears.
- Jillian's new haircut is very cute :)
- I can't sing
- Never allow your friends to record you when you clearly can't sing

Tomorrow: My first (Disney) cruise!

#2 User is offline   velvetdrug 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 November 2004 - 10:12 PM

QuickGold said:

Cast:
- Never allow your friends to record you when you clearly can't sing

Tomorrow: My first (Disney) cruise!

There is video?
I warned you.

#3 User is offline   Abu 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Movies, Games,

Posted 30 November 2004 - 10:22 PM

You could have walked from the Contemporary to the Magic Kingdom.

Ouch getting stuck on the roll out bed. That thing is like 4ft long.

#4 User is offline   Micah 

• Studios God

Posted 30 November 2004 - 11:33 PM

Sounds like ya had a good time :)

How long was the wait time for Stitch?

#5 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 01 December 2004 - 12:07 AM

No video, just a sound clip on my cell phone. Still trying to figure out if I can send it to people or not. :)

#6 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God

Posted 01 December 2004 - 08:47 AM

You have to figure it out, Jillian!
We must bless everyone with the "priviledge" of hearing Matt sing, and then hope they don't die laughing like we almost did :)
*Leslie Ivette*

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 01 December 2004 - 01:20 PM

velvetdrug said:

There is video?
I warned you.

Audio only and hopefully Jillian's cell phone will get struck down by lightning :)

Abu said:

You could have walked from the Contemporary to the Magic Kingdom.

I should have thought of that but didn't :notamused:

Micah said:

How long was the wait time for Stitch?

About 20-30 minutes and this was at 8pm or so, so I imagine it was much worse in the daytime.

#8 User is offline   Tinkerbell2004 

• Studios God
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:DISNEY

Posted 01 December 2004 - 03:19 PM

i get the "priviledge" of hearing matt sing all the time. my problem is i can;t get him to stop!

#9 User is offline   Doctor Seeker 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Many

Posted 01 December 2004 - 05:55 PM

There's a security gate between the Contemporary and the Magic Kingdon. They make sure that you are staying at that resort.

#10 User is offline   velvetdrug 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 01 December 2004 - 07:39 PM

i've walked from the contemporary to MK before. its possible.

when i stayed at the grosvenor, we took the bus from Downtown Disney to the contempoary and walked to MK, you have to cross a road, and there is a gate to get in, but they dont stop you if you are walking out.

#11 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 02 December 2004 - 02:00 PM

I would love to hear this 'singing' as well. Let us know if you get it to work Jillian. :lol:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users