Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Akershus All Character Meals?

#1 User is offline   Nyghtewynd 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:30 PM

So one of the restaurants that I want to visit in March is Norway's, but I think I just read that it's gone 100% Princess Character dinner. If this is true, am I going to find that it's substantially more difficult to make ADRs? If I can get a reservation, will I want one? It's just me and my wife, and I was pretty sure that I wasn't going to chase any characters around the parks. ;) I'm mostly wanting to try the food...what do you think?

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:39 PM

I hadn't heard about that change yet

#3 User is offline   Nyghtewynd 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:55 PM

I got that impression from looking at the menus at allears.net. All three menus were updated in January 2009 and listed as "Princess Storybook Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner" and kinda went from there. I knew about breakfast and lunch, but dinner was a surprise.

#4 User is offline   TiggerRay 

• Studios God

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:18 PM

QuickGold said:

Yes...it's true.
Disneyland - a people trap run by a mouse.

#5 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:43 PM

Nyghtewynd said:

So one of the restaurants that I want to visit in March is Norway's, but I think I just read that it's gone 100% Princess Character dinner. If this is true, am I going to find that it's substantially more difficult to make ADRs? If I can get a reservation, will I want one? It's just me and my wife, and I was pretty sure that I wasn't going to chase any characters around the parks. ;) I'm mostly wanting to try the food...what do you think?

I've been to the restaurant a few times w/my husband and one time w/my 21 year old brother. Neither of them minded the princesses. We also had no problems getting ADR's The breakfast is fairly good. They have a cold bar where you can get "Norwegian-ish" food, but you are paying for the princesses.

One time we were there, it was sweet, a guy approx 24 took his girlfriend there for her 23 birthday. (He filled us in on why they were there and asked me to take pics for them with the princesses.) They really enjoyed themselves.

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:01 PM

TiggerRay said:

QuickGold said:

Yes...it's true.
Goodbye cold fish!

#7 User is offline   TiggerRay 

• Studios God

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:01 AM

Actually...I believe the lunch/dinner menus are traditional Norwegian.
Disneyland - a people trap run by a mouse.

#8 User is offline   TheInfrequentVisitor 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney, Music, Movies

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:45 AM

I went to Akershus once a long time ago and got food poisoning :frownblue:

I've never been back, and this princess thing has basically sealed the deal. I'm never going to go there again.

#9 User is offline   Nyghtewynd 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:07 PM

Well, I ended up making what I think are pretty good reservations: Teppan Edo, Boma, 50s Prime Time, Chefs de France, and Cal Grill during the fireworks for the finale, but I'm still torn about not going to Akershus. It was either that or 50s, and the play-along nature of 50s is such a draw. Besides, with that many different countries involved in my reservations, some fried chicken and s'mores seem like a good idea. :P I dunno...like I said, it's such a hard decision to make these reservations...it's like an exam that I don't want to fail. :D

#10 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:34 PM

I just did the breakfast and was surprised at how much I liked it. The potatoe casserole was quite good and you get a bunch of princesses. belle greets your party and takes a bunch of pictures (3 different sets), and then we had Snow White (a very good CM), Aurora (who was nearly as good), Jasmine and Mulan, the latter two were quite as good in character

You get a bunch of free pics which was very nice
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#11 User is offline   melissa89 

• Studios Regular
  • Interests:traveling,love disney world have annual pass,love football,Bengals..Live close to Cincy.Ky college basketball and my soaps..

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:43 PM

I took my family New years weekend.wAS MY FIRST TIME THERE.WE WENT FOR MY NIECE SHE IS 3 AND WAS A GREAT TIME.It was for dinner thought food was only ok..Paying for the meet and greet.I would take her again.

#12 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:41 PM

I ate at Norway several years ago and , while I found the food pretty good, I'm not that fond of creamed herring or smoked whiting so I'm not rushing back to eat there again. Menu has probably changed soem now that it's character, though, to make it more appealing to kids. There are many other places in WDW that have food or atmosphere I enjoy more... I think you made good choices, Nyghtwynd. I love all 5 restaurants you listed although I haven't been to Teppan Edo in quite a while. Going to Cal Grill for the fireworks, as a matter of fact, in March for my husband's birthday!
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users