• You cannot reply to this topic

Have you made it to the hot seat?

#21 User is offline   rob_wilson 

• Resident Game Show Expert
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Trivia

Posted 24 July 2005 - 12:21 PM

QuickGold said:

It's always random trivia, with the exception of SWW when they have 2 shows a day for Star Wars only. I should also note that some of the first 5 questions (the easy ones up to 1000 points) do tend to have some Disney and/or Disney World theme to them

Actually, there are at least two other times when it is not random trivia. During Super Soap Weekend, they have soap opera trivia and I believe you get help from two soap opera stars. During ESPN weekend, it is all sports trivia and you get help from sports stars. On one of the days of ESPN weekend earlier this year, three people won the grand prize.

I've always thought that if someone were particularly knowledgeable in sports, soap operas, or Star Wars, it would be much easier to win on one of these special days.

Figaro said:

That happened to me too! Since I hate being in the spotlight it didn't bother me too much...I was actually a little relieved :lol:

DH was in the hot seat once and he lost it on a high level (forgot which one) It was about something in french. I knew the answer and I still tease him about it when it comes up.

He was also on the original WWTBAM with Regis but didn't make it to the hot seat there. Only 2 guys got in that night and 1 went on to win $120,000? (or whatever the level is before the million) The other finished the next night and won the million.

I had no idea there was another former TV show contestant connection on the board. I'd love to hear more about it Figaro. Based on the fact that you mentioned a million dollar winner began his run on the episode your DH was on, I'm assuming it aired quite a bit before mine. There were no million dollar winners around my air date. Is he trying to get back on the show?

bartman454 said:

I have never felt the hot seat myself, only once have I even hit the top 10. It seems like the people who get picked are almost always the folks sitting behind the host. Its one of my many baseless conspiracy theories. The only time I get a bit irked is when they stop the show early because one of the contestants bombed out early.

I've made it into the Hot Seat from just about every section of the audience at one time or another and I have been on the leaderboard from every section, so I wouldn't dwell on your conspiracy theory.

QuickGold said:

Have you made it to the hot seat? How many times?

Obviously the answer to your first question is yes. As to your second question, I'm not certain. I think the answer is probably 8. I've missed at 32K once, 500K twice, 250K once, and 64K and 125K each at least once or twice. Of course, I've also hit the million once.

While playing with one of the kids, we've missed at 16K twice and hit the million once.

Rob

#22 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 24 July 2005 - 07:30 PM

rob_wilson said:

bartman454 said:

I have never felt the hot seat myself, only once have I even hit the top 10. It seems like the people who get picked are almost always the folks sitting behind the host. Its one of my many baseless conspiracy theories. The only time I get a bit irked is when they stop the show early because one of the contestants bombed out early.

I've made it into the Hot Seat from just about every section of the audience at one time or another and I have been on the leaderboard from every section, so I wouldn't dwell on your conspiracy theory.

Although this is totally baseless, I feel like I do better when I sit on the side that is behind the contestant. That being said, I've made it to the hot seat on both sides. Never sat in that little third section where the disabled folks usually get put.

#23 User is offline   CoasterManiac45 

• Studios God

Posted 25 July 2005 - 08:15 AM

That's where i sat last time. I wonder if they got a keypad, those in the front row.

#24 User is offline   rob_wilson 

Posted 25 July 2005 - 08:29 AM

CoasterManiac45 said:

That's where i sat last time. I wonder if they got a keypad, those in the front row.

I've sat in this section once as well and made the leaderboard. It was during SWW and I was purposely slow in entering my response, so it was strange to end up at number 7.

And yes, they do have a keypad. Since it is the front row, there is no seatback in front of them to attach it, so it is connected to a wire and can be moved around and sat in the audience members lap or held in their hands.

Rob

#25 User is offline   CoasterManiac45 

• Studios God

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:54 AM

That's what it looked like they were doing.

#26 User is offline   Shere_Khan 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 26 July 2005 - 04:28 PM

ROb - When you were on the real show, how far did you make it?

#27 User is offline   Shere_Khan 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 26 July 2005 - 04:28 PM

Also does anyone have statistics of how many actual winners of the million dollar question MGM has had so far?

#28 User is offline   rob_wilson 

Posted 26 July 2005 - 05:09 PM

Shere_Khan said:

ROb - When you were on the real show, how far did you make it?

My show aired on July 19, 2001. It should be repeated, for the first time since that date, on GSN sometime in September. I'm expecting it to be on or about September 21. If you'd like to see how far I made it, be sure to watch. If you would rather be spoiled, check out my photo gallery.

Shere_Khan said:

Also does anyone have statistics of how many actual winners of the million dollar question MGM has had so far?

As of June 7th, when my daughter did it, there were 107 of us. I was number 83 last year. I also have a friend who was number 23. They seem to average about 2 a month, so I'd guess they have about 110 by now.

Rob

#29 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 26 July 2005 - 05:21 PM

rob_wilson said:

They seem to average about 2 a month, so I'd guess they have about 110 by now.

I wonder if they've had 2 in one day. If not, it'll be happening in mid-September :lol:

#30 User is offline   rob_wilson 

Posted 26 July 2005 - 05:29 PM

QuickGold said:

rob_wilson said:

They seem to average about 2 a month, so I'd guess they have about 110 by now.

I wonder if they've had 2 in one day. If not, it'll be happening in mid-September :lol:

The record, as far as I know, is 3 in one day which happened during ESPN Weekend earlier this year.

Other records:

Youngest million point winner (alone): 14 years old
Youngest million point winner (with help): 8 years old
Youngest Hot Seat contestant: 2 years old

Rob

#31 User is offline   Shere_Khan 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 26 July 2005 - 10:59 PM

WOw you are like famous!
You wanna hang out some time?

#32 User is offline   Tinkerbell2004 

• Studios God
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:DISNEY

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:08 AM

Rob be proud, I made it in 2nd place yesterday on the boards and then then mentioned your daughter winning the cruise and i got all excited cause i knew who they were talking about lol

#33 User is offline   rob_wilson 

Posted 28 July 2005 - 11:13 AM

Shere_Khan said:

WOw you are like famous!
You wanna hang out some time?

Anytime...how about September for the mini-meet?

Tinkerbell2004 said:

Rob be proud, I made it in 2nd place yesterday on the boards and then then mentioned your daughter winning the cruise and i got all excited cause i knew who they were talking about lol

I just heard this morning that somebody else attended something like 25 shows last week and they kept mentioning that the last person to win the cruise was an 8 year old girl. Considering that was on June 7th and they had been averaging about 2 winners a month, I was pretty shocked. However, even after they get another million point winner, I expect that they will continue to talk about Hayley's win since it will likely be quite some time before someone under 8 wins. 8)

Rob

#34 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 28 July 2005 - 11:59 AM

Tinkerbell2004 said:

Rob, she really was excited. She didn't care too much about impressing me, it was all about impressing the all-mighty Rob :content:

#35 User is offline   Shere_Khan 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 28 July 2005 - 04:09 PM

Rob did she have any help besides the lifelines in answering the questions?
What was the million dollar question?
That is so cool that she won. What a life changing experience for a child!

#36 User is offline   rob_wilson 

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:08 PM

Shere_Khan said:

Rob did she have any help besides the lifelines in answering the questions?
What was the million dollar question?
That is so cool that she won. What a life changing experience for a child!

This link should more than answer your questions:

http://www.mgmstudios.org/board/viewtopic....996&start=0

QuickGold said:

Rob, she really was excited. She didn't care too much about impressing me, it was all about impressing the all-mighty Rob

Matt, not sure what this means. Were you there with her? I thought you weren't going back down until September. Maybe I am just too tired to make sense of this as I just got back from being out of town and got very little sleep the last 3 nights.

Rob

#37 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:18 AM

rob_wilson said:

QuickGold said:

Rob, she really was excited. She didn't care too much about impressing me, it was all about impressing the all-mighty Rob

Matt, not sure what this means. Were you there with her? I thought you weren't going back down until September. Maybe I am just too tired to make sense of this as I just got back from being out of town and got very little sleep the last 3 nights.

I wasn't there, she called me to tell me about it.

#38 User is offline   rob_wilson 

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:35 AM

QuickGold said:

rob_wilson said:

QuickGold said:

Sounds like you rate higher than I do. You got to actually talk to her on the phone, all I got was a post on the board. I guess it could have been worse, I could have just gotten a lousy t-shirt. :wink:

Rob

#39 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:13 PM

rob_wilson said:

QuickGold said:

rob_wilson said:

QuickGold said:

Sounds like you rate higher than I do. You got to actually talk to her on the phone, all I got was a post on the board. I guess it could have been worse, I could have just gotten a lousy t-shirt. :wink:

Rob
She was definetly excited to tell you about it, since you are the all-mighty Millionaire god

#40 User is offline   Shere_Khan 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 30 July 2005 - 06:51 PM

Thanks for the link, that does help.
Next time I get in the hot seat I will fake like I'm 10 and have you help me!!!

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users