Wow! We leave tomorrow for 8 glorious nights and 9 amazing days in Disney World! 'Excited' doesn't cut it! We can't wait to step into our home away from home, Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas and start our next adventure!
As this is my last post before the trip, I thought I'd list the top 10 things I'm looking forward to trying/re-doing at Disney's Hollywood Studios. I'm planning to take a break from blogging while on vacation, but you can follow my live tweets starting tomorrow at @DreaminofAKV.
Now, without any further ado, here are my top 10 for this trip (in descending order):
10. Well, this isn't one of MY must-dos, but it is for my hubby, so I threw it in my list. Eating a Toluca Leg at Toluca Legs Turkey Co. on Sunset Boulevard.
9. Seeing the new Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun Parade. I know it hasn't received good reviews, but I still want to see the look on my daughter's face when she sees her favorite Pixar characters dancing down Hollywood Boulevard. Of course, this event is contingent on the kids' moods - may need to forfeit for a nap instead!
8. Riding the Studio Backlot Tour! I know, I know, you can laugh all you want, but my husband and I actually like this ride! It was down for refurbishment during our last trip, so this is on our to-do list for sure! It's simple and easy going, and we and the kids can just sit back and enjoy the ride, so to speak. No high stimulation here... well, except for the canyon scene! I always love to watch the kids' reactions during this part!
7. Experiencing the new Disney Junior - Live on Stage. Although I know it's not much different than its predecessor, I know my daughter will enjoy it. She loves all the Disney shows, and she has become especially excited about Jake and the Never Land Pirates, so it will be nice for her to see that addition to the show.
6. Anyone who has been reading my posts will not be surprised that this made my top 10: shopping on Sunset Boulevard! Even though my husband reminds me that we don't need any "souvenirs" because we go to WDW so often, I always manage to convince him that Mickey towels and plates are not "souvenirs"! They are for everyday use!
5. Since our last trip to WDW in January, my daughter has really gotten into the Toy Story characters. She has never met them up until now because she didn't really know who they were. This trip she will totally "get" it, though, and so meeting Buzz, Woody, Jesse, etc. is definitely a must-do this trip!
4. Riding my favorite attraction in all of WDW: The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror! This ride never gets old for me and, I find each time I ride it, I notice even more detail about the ride than I did the time before. Really hoping to see the standby wait time as 13 minutes (we all know what this means, right?!).
3. Who would not put Toy Story Mania on their must-do list?! Besides ToT, this is my favorite 'family' attraction. We all have such a blast (literally and figuratively!), and my husband and I love the competition factor involved in this ride. This alone makes us want to ride over and over...
2. I'm really, really, really, hoping to ride the new Star Tours attraction! I hope it happens, but because it is opening right during our trip, I have a feeling it will be running at a lower capacity and dealing with a few bugs that need to be ironed out during our time there. Not to mention the long lines to ride it by people who have waited months for this opening! If it were just my husband and I, we'd me more willing to wait out the crowds and bugs - but with a 7-month-old and 2 year-old, we likely won't have much time to wait. In my opinion, no ride is worth causing a meltdown in my children!
1. Probably the thing I am most looking forward to is eating at 50s Prime Time Cafe! We have never dined here, but have heard really good things. I have watched YouTube clips and I love the server-guest interaction and the decor of this place! Can't wait - and look for my review of it when I return!
Have a great week! :-)